Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle F 14 1/8 scale, DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle F 14 1/8 scale, DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Strutter
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly Eagle F 14 1/8 scale, DO NOT BUY IT !!!!!!!!

I´m stil don´t know why i order a FEJ 1/8 F 14, after several nice speaking with the chinesse people i putted a order on 2013 early November, after several claims the model arrive incomplete in 2014 July (/)(%&/$%%&/())=).

I post this warning to any member do not buy this model, this is nothing matter about honey comb or flutter , only warn about a lack of honesty and lack of knowledge about their own products, examples:

1.- Too many time delayed delivering. without honest answer.
2.- Lack of manual of instructions, even the worse chinese jet factory deliver a poor detail of know how to start and how to start to build. i do not asking of manual like great Planes or top flite, even Carf models, the best, only something understable for a modeller builder , i build the model with my poor builder experience, !!!
3.- They try to make a smaller plane instead the big one 1/7 SCALE, and they (stupid people, i apologize but do not exist another adjetive), use the same servo tray like 1/7 in 1/8, do not fit !!!! terrible, the elevator servo touch the fuselage from inside and is imposible use the servo alum tray!!!
4.- They ADVISE TO ME TO PUT A TWO 22 POUNDS TURBINE, AND LOGIC DO NOT FIT !!!! NO ROOM, MF CHINESE!!!!, MANY HOURS TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENT WAY TO ENLARGE THE SPACE FOR BOTH TURBINES.
5.- THE ASK TO ME 6K FOR THE MODEL ALL EXTRA WORK DONE!!!! FALSE,
6.- THEY DELIVER THE MODEL WITH WING SWEEP MACHINE WORKING, FALSE, EVEN THE PLYWOOD WHERE IT IS LOCATED HAS A LACK OF GLUE AND MACHINE WORK WITH A CURVE IN THE BIG THREAD USED FOR SWEEP., ALSO THE END OF ONE TOUR (FORMING DELTA WING) DO NOT WORK AND I BURN THE MOTOR AND THE ESC, FOR A BAD EXTRA WORK BAD DONE !!!!!! ANY BODY HAVE A PILL !!!!!!
7.- WHEN I ASKING AND CLAIM FOR THE ELECTRIC MOTOR WITH REDUCTION, THEY ONLY REPLACE IT IF I PAY TO THEM, CAN YOU BELEIVE IT?, I HAS PAY 200 BUCKS BECAUSE I DO NOT CHOICE.

AT END FRIENDS MODELLERS

BE CAREFUL WITH THESE CHINESE SHOULD BE BROKEN WITH THE AMOUNT OF MODELS DOING BAD
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Sorry to see they suckered you into one of their models, if i can be of help with getting your F14 up and running, or atleast give you some advice on ways to get it started in that direction, im only a few hours away.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:31 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi

I see that you are registred since 2003. Didn't you read all the existing threads before placing an order to that company? Talk with eperienced modelers in US?

I for sure, will not buy any model from them and live in a small country where info doesn't flow like in your country.

With my empathy as modeller, I wish you good luck with your efforts to make it airworthy, but please read all existing threads and ask for support, before attempting to fly the plane. Many of these were total losses.

best regards

Nuno
Old 08-12-2014, 05:13 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Dude are you Chinese? You write like one.

And what do we have for Shutter for coming into the public,behind curtain #3: nothing!, no support, no spare parts, no supply of missing parts!

Sorry man.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah... Sadly people are still drawn in by the pretty photos and attractive prices. But if it cant fly(or fly for long)it doesn't matter how cheap it is.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:27 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry no sympathy. You should have known better being on RCU since 2003.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:45 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand why do you think yours would be different from everyone else?

Last edited by basimpsn; 08-13-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 AM
Strutter

Thanks for be sincere, yes i write like Cherokee, also i speak four languages. Nobody is perfect, sorry
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Strutter

Why buying a FEJ, it is because I have an F16 FEJ 1/8 years ago and has never given me problems, and thought or Skymaster Jet Legend, brands also have some flying jet, are made in China, I thought they are the same, I'm wrong again, I thought what the post said in forums could have done to change a FEJ company as the FEJ owner told me, that also takes years to producing airmodels.
in fact I know the problems of flutter in the F 14 1-7, and also the honey comb from Bae Hawk, but I thought ..... that was my mistake, thought.
Hope that everyone learns from their mistakes FEJ people, as we learn when we drop a jet, hands up who has not ever happened.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:48 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought FEJ was completely out of business?

word of advise... Don't try to turn this into a flying model. Cut your losses now and do not spend money on radio gear and engines. it can make a pretty static model in your office or a smoking expensive hole in the ground.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:51 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great observation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you speak great.. perfect English when you text. you were a great help on this issue ..
Old 08-13-2014, 04:55 AM
RAPPTOR

if you reply, on here, to a product that is, defective or sucks, its called bashing. !! so when is it ok >> ?? how do you know if its true?? how do you know if guys a crybaby?? get my drift.. very rude reply.. { ANDYANDREW} Sorry no sympathy. You should have known better being on RCU since 2003.

Last edited by RAPPTOR; 08-13-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:01 AM
RAPPTOR

IF I can be of any help ,please contact. master model builder.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Strutter

Andy Andrew, better change your nick name to "Andy the best" i guess you are young man, or younger than me, the time and the life will teach to you in the future how you never stop to learn year by year and make a mistakes every day, we are human being, else, you are from another galaxy alien.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:06 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Strutter
Andy Andrew, better change your nick name to "Andy the best" i guess you are young man, or younger than me, the time and the life will teach to you in the future how you never stop to learn year by year and make a mistakes every day, we are human being, else, you are from another galaxy alien.
Do you realize that you are addressing this remark to the Captain of the JWM USA team, and one of the top scale competitors in the USA?
Old 08-13-2014, 07:11 AM
SushiHunter

Don't be surprised if this turns out to be a "Cinderella story" ending.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:12 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by RAPPTOR
if you reply, on here, to a product that is, defective or sucks, its called bashing. !! so when is it ok >> ?? how do you know if its true?? how do you know if guys a crybaby?? get my drift.. very rude reply.. { ANDYANDREW} Sorry no sympathy. You should have known better being on RCU since 2003.
Re 'bashing' General statements like All ********* are **** don't buy them. will get deleted.

Statements like I bought a ********* and when I unpacked it I could see that the bulkheads were loose. [WITH PICS ]I spoke to the manufacturer and they are not prepared to do anything. I would not buy anything else from them. Is fine and what RCU is all about.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:28 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Yeah, FEJ stories are pretty much all the same.

If an FEJ story happens to you, shame on you.

Its like dealing with a snake that promises not to bite you. And when the snake bites you, it answers "what did you expect, I'm a snake!"
Old 08-13-2014, 07:30 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Strutter
Thanks for be sincere, yes i write like Cherokee, also i speak four languages. Nobody is perfect, sorry
Sorry man, had to ask, and i apologize....no pun intended!

I totally agree with you, the 1/8th F-16 can very misleading because it was a great flying model.....I enjoyed mine more so than the SM version., it was lighter too.......then they complicated things with scale gear that leaked, heavy, detailed cockpit, operating canopy.......
I would donate the F-14 to charity, a school, a museum.......and write it off from your federal taxes.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:38 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Re 'bashing' General statements like All ********* are **** don't buy them. will get deleted. This is bashing.

Statements like I bought a ********* and when I unpacked it I could see that the bulkheads were loose. [WITH PICS ]I spoke to the manufacturer and they are not prepared to do anything. I would not buy anything else from them. Is fine and what RCU is all about. Factual information about defects and attempts to remedy them

So the thread title here ON IT'S OWN is bashing and is marginal but as it is supported by factual information it is OK.

The 'rude' statement is a judgement call by me. In this case I am happy I let it stand. In fact I think it is fine.

Last edited by j.duncker; 08-13-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:58 AM
RAPPTOR

Do you realize that you are addressing this remark to the Captain of the JWM USA team, and one of the top scale competitors in the USA?
WOW. This mind set is how to get to the top??? No thanks .. I will stay a, nobody.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:07 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

WOW. This mind set is how to get to the top??? No thanks .. I will stay a, nobody.
I thought you were a Master Builder? All Master Builders are at the TOP of the hobby... Or atleast well known enough to state their real name.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:42 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Strutter and Rapptor, or whoever you are, your replies personally bashing me for having the audacity to utter a truthful statement of fact, speaks volumes as to the personality type it takes, to knowingly purchase a model from a company that has proven itself on these forums, time after time, to be the manufacturers of the worst jets in the industry. Perhaps you should reflect upon your rash comments and fact ignoring decisions before attacking others for pointing out the obvious. If you were some newbie dude who got sparkled eyed blindness from a pretty paint job that would be one thing. Coming on here complaining about your poor informed decision is another thing. By now EVERYONE here knows about how bad FEJ is. And no one here is even REMOTELY surprised that this has happened to you. What do you stand to gain from this? All it does is make you look like a very, very unintelligent person who can say the phrase, "stupid mistake" in four different languages.

My suggestion, 1. is to give up your complaining to minimize the amount of horse beating you are about to endure here. And 2. turn your pretty model into a static display so you can be reminded of how totally idiotic it was of you to do what you have done in the face of the whole world who advised you against it.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 08-13-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM
impulse09
My Feedback: (3)

Why do the jet threads go so pissy early and often?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:03 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I love these FEJ "check of the week" threads.

It keeps the word out there.

Shoot, I'd have $6k in my pocket instead of a really pretty mantle piece had I known.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.