Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How big engine in a CARF Eurosport?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

How big engine in a CARF Eurosport?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default How big engine in a CARF Eurosport?

How big an engine can a CARF Eurosport Evolution take? CARF has rated it between 120-160 N but I know that people has installed more powerful engines than that. Myself I have only flown it with a JetCat P-120 and as to normal flying that was quiet sufficient. But as it comes to jet engines bigger is usually better. And what outlet duct would one choose with a bigger engine?

My reason for asking you really has to do with another thread in this forum, the “Kingtech K180 vs. K210” thread. The Kingtech K210G seems to be a very nice engine and its size and weight is about the same as an engine in the 120-160 N range. If you have any experience with an engine in the higher power range in combination with the Eurosport airframe I would sure like to hear what you have to say before I push the “Buy” button.

Jannica
Sweden
Old 10-03-2014, 02:28 AM
ZivBit

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Jannica

I have been flying mine with a Evojet180 vx and lately upgraded to 220, and it flies great. with the size nd weight of the turbines today, it is a perfect match. amazing power. It hovers. (I have a VT tube).
Just make sure you have an upgraded thrust tube that will fit and hold a 200N thrust. I got mine from Tam.

Good luck,

Ziv
Old 10-03-2014, 03:50 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong with a K-210G. My Eurofighter flew very well with a Ram 750 to 1000 then a Rhino. The K-170 really woke it up...finally with the K-180 before giving the Jet away early this year The Euro has very versatile power range from 24# to 40# of thrust. You couldn't tell which engine I was using just by watching it flys.

In my opinion

Last edited by basimpsn; 10-03-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 AM
Joe Westrich
My Feedback: (95)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the K-210 in my Evo Eurosport. It is the most fun I have had with it. The take-off is like a catapult launch. Fuel consumption is not that much more. I added a 24oz tank but have never got into it. I also use the stock pipe. The CARF pipe is really heavy duty, although I have been inspecting it on a regular basis. It has pretty much been a drop in replacement for my 160SX. I have been on it hard in the straights without any issue, although I am going to dial it back soon. No need to push it too close to the line. The 210 still doesn't make it a 200mph jet.... just too much drag.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you all for your information. It ‘seems like the K210G is a possible alternative for my new Euro. After all I can always put some dual rate on the throttle channel if it turns out to be to exiting. And certainly, if I can use the stock pipe it doesn’t seem so farfetched either.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:28 AM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Kingtech 210 in CARF Euosport with stock pipe and runs great. Wouldnt down size it again.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:01 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I started flying my first ES with a Jetcat P120. I flew OK but was not very fulfilling so I went for a Merlin 160. 7 years later I retired that airframe and replaced it with the second generation model. This year I fitted a PBS TJ20 (220 Newton) engine. I was a bit fearful that the airframe would not take it but with judiscous throttle use and gentle use of the elevator the model has been fine. As has been descibed by others the performance is staggering. It goes off like a SAM. Likewise I am getting the same flight time (this engine has the best specific fuel / thrust ratio at the moment). Go for the 210 but just use your throttle.
John