Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New JetsMunt VT-80 BL

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 03:38 PM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had checked with the factory on the PW readings and they say that it should be in the range of 900 to 1000 on the brushless version. I am getting a hair under 1200 and just wonder what everyone else is getting ? I am running all 6mm fuel line right up to their Festo fuel filter so restriction should not be a problem. If anyone knows of someone with the BL version and check to see what they are getting at full throttle ? Thanks

Have found out from Todd at DreamWorks that PW numbers are relative and that with all new turbines just keep track
of GSU parameters and if numbers change in time, then ask questions. Good idea.

Last edited by stegl; 09-03-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:17 AM
stegl

Was out this past weekend flying the Sprint and the initial issue I had with the VT80BL pulsing at times has seemed to have gone away. Did 6 flights with the first having a few pulsing issues cured by throttling back to idle and then up to full power. Second flight happened once but barely audible and the remaining 3rd thru 6th flights don't recall hearing any issues. Seems that sometimes it is a learning curve between ECU, pump and turbine. This was probably the last time out as winter is approaching and time to put it to bed.. The Sprint and VT80 is one sweet combination and the weather that day for flying was great. Sure is a miser on fuel when run at 65-75 % power and throttle response is very good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boomer Sprint after sucessful day.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	833.3 KB
ID:	2126302  

Last edited by stegl; 10-19-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:07 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could very well be water in your fuel. Water molecule is heavier than Kero/Jet A. First flights would be drawing fuel from bottom of the can where water has accumulated and would explain why the engine performed better on subsequent flights. No real "learning curve" for the ECU besides calibration of pump PW at idle and max rpm. It does monitor acceleration and EGT and will increase acceleration delay if it senses a combustion issue. It will also limit rpm if EGT is outside of max limit.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:56 AM
stegl

Thanks for the comments. The fuel is filtered minimum 4 times plus the last filtering into the refueling tank is using a Mr Funnel designed for dirt and water so pretty sure it is not that. One of our jet engine garus,(Dean Wichman) suggested to cycle the throttle back to idle when in flight and then back up to full power; cleared the pulsing .... this was earlier on, at out Sept Jet Rally. Subsequent flights it happened again so just did the throttle changes to clear. Appears to have cleared itself last Saturday. EGT appears to be within limits but awaiting a new Xicoy telemetry adapter(ordered from you) to get my Jeti system up and running again.

Last edited by stegl; 10-21-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:52 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your entire fuel system for any kinks, trash, blocks, and check your air trap for algae..etc..

Run your fuel pump into a can and see how well it flows using the test function of the eCU.. I do this on new installs just to check everything out.

Then I push a little fuel backwards thru the pump, and clean the tank..

I do this before the final fuel filter to ensure I didn't pick up anything into the pump.. seen many a problem related to something small stuck or a kink in the vent line.. stuff like that.. I even had a air trap get partially clogged, and it was making micro bubbles. If you see any micro bubbles in the system anywhere, its not feeding properly
Old 10-21-2015, 09:22 AM
stegl

No Kinks , no trash- new system, no blocks, no algae , no etc. Pump has been run into container , no air trapped, fuel ran thru pump into catch can several times, no micro air bubbles; was only intermittent pulsing and cured by previous explanation..... Inspected by a well respected runner of turbines back from the days of propane and air tank starters checks ok. Seems to have cleared itself last weekend as only had pulsing first flight... next 5 flights for the day, went without a hitch . Thanks for suggestions though.

Last edited by stegl; 10-21-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:58 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

excellent.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 AM
stegl

Installed the new Xicoy (replacement) telemetry adapter in the Vt80BL and got my telemetry back , now with no effect on the turbine not giving me full power and no pump voltage alert at 1.5v and a turbine rpm limiting of about 80k plus or minus. All is well now but season for flying is pretty much over.

The telemetry adapter that was causing issues is mailed off to Gaspar to check it out to see what the issue is or was. Will report back when news is available.

Last edited by stegl; 10-29-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:53 PM
stegl

Still have not heard back on the progress on why the returned Xicoy telemetry model was causing my VT80 to back off on the throttle power when it hit around 80,000 rpm and give me a pump voltage alert of 1.50v (approximately).
i do see that another approved oil for JM is in the updated 100/140/200 manual , is the Shell Tellus 32 oil as the specs are very similar .

Last edited by stegl; 12-07-2015 at 10:56 PM.