Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jets Munt M200XBL and BVM Ultra Bandit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jets Munt M200XBL and BVM Ultra Bandit

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:15 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Jets Munt M200XBL and BVM Ultra Bandit

Today I maiden my new BVM Ultra Bandit, powered by Jets Munt M200XBL. In one word a "Perfect Combination".. Compared to my first Ultra Bandit with Jetcat P300RX (which I still have and enjoy) this jet rotated half way down the runway. Immediately after banking I had to bring my throttle to below 50% and the jet was still "hauling".... a few clicks up trim ....and it felt like flying my BVM Bandit MKII with a Jets Munt 140X.

This new Ultra Bandit has a 4.8 littler tank and after 6 minutes of flight I had 30% fuel left in the main tanks and the center tank was still full... The performance of this engine "exceeded" my expectations.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2017.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	636.2 KB
ID:	2062370  
Old 01-08-2015, 09:29 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOw are you liking the M200XBL is it with the new inconel combustion chamber? Word on the street was the originals had steel chambers.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:15 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is one good looking UB! Congrats on the maiden!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 PM
LA jetguy

Disco... I I love this engine and its with inconel chamber... The delay from announcement during July 2015 till the general release early October 2015 was the change in the chamber.... Beside the one in the UB I have two more for my SM F14.... Awesome turbines...

Dubd.... Thanks ...

David

Last edited by LA jetguy; 01-08-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:20 AM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

I keep thinking of putting a 200 XBL in my U.B. Currently it has a P200 which is supposed to be 230N so I'm thinking that I might notice too much of a difference. That said, I believe the 200XBL will be at least 200N and I doubt the Jetcat will make the 230N so maybe in the real world the difference won't be that much.. It would also allow me to put the smaller fuel tanks in and keep the weight down.

Jason
Old 01-09-2015, 08:23 AM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by jason
I keep thinking of putting a 200 XBL in my U.B. Currently it has a P200 which is supposed to be 230N so I'm thinking that I might notice too much of a difference. That said, I believe the 200XBL will be at least 200N and I doubt the Jetcat will make the 230N so maybe in the real world the difference won't be that much.. It would also allow me to put the smaller fuel tanks in and keep the weight down.

Jason
You will not regret the change to M200XBL... just the weight of the turbine and smaller fuel tanks will make a huge difference...

David
Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

"word on street" is plain wrong, all M200 in customer hands have Inconel chambers, we only use SS during development in prototypes where often one chamber is used on a single run and scrapped.

Gaspar

Last edited by Gaspar; 01-13-2015 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:58 PM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

That's a really nice scheme and i bet it shows up well in the air!! What does the bottom look like? Cangrats on the maiden!
Mel
Old 01-13-2015, 04:36 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaspar
"word on street" is plain wrong, all M200 in customer hands have Inconel chambers, we only use SS during development in prototypes where often one chamber is used on a single run and scrapped.

Gaspar
Thanks for clearing up that little rumour Gasper.

Why people have to spread misinformation on this forum is beyond me.. If you are unsure of a fact being true, it is very unwise to repeat it in a public forum. Unverifiable rumours and misinformation have the potential to harm real business and livelihoods.

Of course that may have been the intention.

To keep this post on track… I am real glad that the UB/M200 combo is a winner.. I have just received my M200 XBL and it was earmarked for another project, but I may well have to drop it into my UB (which is still begging to be built)..
Old 01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by Gaspar

Gaspar
Thank you Gaspar for this wonderful turbine..

Im so glad to have the opportunity to be able to get three of these turbines and look forward to the other three I have on order with you... Hopefully soooon...

David