Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F-15, maybe JL?, CG?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F-15, maybe JL?, CG?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 05:22 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F-15, maybe JL?, CG?

Purchased a used F15. It is about the size of the 1/9 scale SM kit, except it does not separate behind the cockpit like the SM kit does. It has ail/flaps. It is about the 120 size. I am looking for the CG location. I know the older SM kits had a "former" that installed over the turbine and the CG was located in this area. There is no former like this on this plane. The wings plug in and are tightened by the a set screw holding a CF rod. The plane was flown prior to my receipt, but I am installing a new turbine (K80) and want to make sure my CG is correct. Can anyone help identify this kit and the numbers I seek?
Thanks
Tommy
Old 03-23-2015, 02:26 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Tommy, post a picture of your jet and let us look at it so we can tell which version it is. Mike
Old 03-23-2015, 06:10 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be an Avonds, definitely need a pic...
Old 03-24-2015, 03:44 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will do it. I am pretty sure, almost positive, it is not Avonds. I think the more I have looked that it is probably the FB 1/9 version. It is almost identical to the SM version, but does not seperate at the intakes like the original SM version did. Everything else is almost identical.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:04 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My JL F-15 bought in 2008 seperates behind the cockpit and has the main former over the engine bay which is where the balance point is. Not sure if they changed it or you have different manufacturers F-15.