Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

KingTech K180G Turbine Only! (ARF) From eaglen2fb Elgin , IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:17 AM
marquisvns

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glenn, I don't have to prove anything to you, nor do I have anything to prove to you. But you have time and time and again prove to be impossible to work with, let alone support the operation of our product. Simply put, you are way too stupid and greedy for us.

If you are willing to sell it back to Ali for the value stated in the receipt you sent in, $500, I will support and warranty it under Ali after his inspection, not one dollar more. That is, if Ali is willing.

Barry
Old 11-03-2015, 07:41 AM
eaglen2fb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice calling me stupid and now my lawyer and i have reference to it, Thank you barry for showing me and the world your true colors this is great marketing for KingTech calling people stupid ! , Im sorry you feel that way but someone needs to show me proof that it was not claimed on insurance and if that's all you have is a blank piece of paper well we are done here.

You should advertise !
Here at Kingtech not only will we Be little you but we will also call you Stupid !

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-03-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:22 AM
autopilot1
My Feedback: (1)

How come everyone wants Mr. Larocco to prove he acquired it legally but no one wants Ali to prove that that it was taken illegally and that he made every effort to recover it? That shouldn’t be that difficult for a $3,000 turbine.

Barry, If you don't have to prove anything to Mr. Larocco, why should he prove anything to you?

I think most of you jet jockeys are just jealous that you didn’t come across this deal. I would be willing to bet that when the ad appeared on craigslist some of you jet jockeys called about it and DID NOT ask if it was stolen or DID NOT care if it was stolen. I would also be willing to bet that some of you jet jockeys have tried to buy it from Mr. Larocco, with no regard to how it was acquired. My hat is off to Mr. Larocco for at least checking with Kingtech.

CRCJA, You say the Factory claims it was stolen but the link you provided was to a thread that was started YESTERDAY???

Just provide the documentation and issued solved. But then again, all this bantering MUST be raising the value of the turbine. More money for charity.

Last edited by autopilot1; 11-03-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:56 AM
marquisvns

You have to understand that this happened a more than a year ago. When Ali showed me the notice left in his luggage, it reads as though we had endangered the entire flight by having a hazardous and prohibited item on board. We probably at the time, felt apologetic to the troubles caused and we were all under the impression that the item will get destroyed. Furthermore, knowing Ali was here states-side only a few days at a time, didn't even suggest anyone should follow through, so we cut our losses, which we are still willing to do.

Glenn, offer it back to Ali, otherwise, enjoy it.

Regards,
Barry
Old 11-03-2015, 09:06 AM
eaglen2fb

I wanted the world to see who you are from our first conversation and you proved that , Mission done. Now i own the turbine if Ali can provide the information that i requested then i will sell it back to him All fair, need to cover some expenses of coarse. now If he cannot then i will sell the turbine to the highest bidder as per my lawyer.

And i will sell it because i want nothing to do with you or your company ( KingTech ) period !

Last edited by eaglen2fb; 11-03-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the first I have seen this thread and read all through it. I will always stand behind Kingtech due to there products and customer service.

I find that Eagle is probably in the right legally but is basically a scumbag morally. To me that turbine belongs to Kingtech/Ali.

Just remember eagle, another jet (jockey) as you call us will remember you and probably will be looked at as a thief and a scumbag at any jet meet, funfly or contest until you return that turbine.

Just my 2 cents
Old 11-03-2015, 09:19 AM
eaglen2fb

Don't have to worry about that you guys are on way to high of a pedestal for me.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:29 AM
marquisvns

No need to put anyone on the pedestal Glenn. From day one, I told you, not once, that I believe you may be a victim as well, but you never wanted to listen. What made it worse for me was your demands of how we should accommodate and support you, without knowing the current condition of the engine, let alone the variants of components associated variables. I admit I lack the social skills to work with you, but I do wish you well!

Regards,
Barry
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

The airlines are thieves and eagle is absolutely, positively and with-out doubt a complete idiot.

Eagle, you think we are so high on a pedastal that a turbine manufacture and one of the world's leading R/C pilot and store owner are really loosing sleep over a measly $3000 engine?!

Shoot, I can only fly $10 foamies, but if my hobby king $0.10 lipo battery was stolen from my bag, I'd want it back too.

This is not being high on a pedestal, this is just wanting my ***** back!

This is what you cannot seem to understand!

Turbines need thousands of dollars of support equipment not including the actual jet kit and electronics to fly, so we know each other very well as we depend on each other!

Barry and Ali have been totally reasonable. But at this point, I think I'd pay $3000 just to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with you either.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM
marquisvns

Dirk made a couple of calls to TSA last week, he was told that they would turn everything back to the airlines.

I called AA yesterday, both airport and corporate said they don't get anything back from the TSA.

Just call Avenue of Independence, nice and cordial, even remembered the turbine engine, while offer me other goodies like vacuum cleaners and Makita and Ryobi...., until I told them that we were the rightful owner of the turbine engine, then Lisa hangs up the phone, go figure.

https://www.rt.com/usa/tsa-stealing-from-travelers-358/
Old 11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You think you're going to get an attorney involved for a $3K turbine that nobody wants? All that is going to do is cost you more money.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:51 AM
eaglen2fb

Then you should not be in that position, How you treated me on the phone you Belittled me made me feel like an idiot and i have E-mails from other people saying almost the same thing. One thing you need to do is encourage people to get in this stage of the hobby EDUCATE Them not call them STUPID if you cant you have no business being in that position. you cannot prove to me that YOU or ALI did not get the insurance money, All i ask is for Proof then you tell me i don't have to prove nothing to you Really what does that tell you about yourself ? Help Me Here Educate Me Here.

Your right i am the victim i did not deserve this now I am marked a bad guy i am going to follow the law and my rights here.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:54 AM
marquisvns

never mind

Last edited by marquisvns; 11-03-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: revision
Old 11-03-2015, 10:59 AM
eaglen2fb

I want the paper work that was left in the bag ,I know this is a big Joke to you.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:22 AM
autopilot1

Ravil, I agree with you concerning you saw buck foamie and your 10 cent lipo. So why wouldn’t someone make every effort to get back a $3,000 turbine when it first went missing??? I think you are calling the wrong person an “Idiot”…

Last edited by autopilot1; 11-03-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
LarsL

eaglen2fb,

The only thing you have shown here is your own hind end. Other than autopilot1, I don't see anyone else here seeing your side of things.

You keep asking Barry for claim ticket, insurance info, etc. He is not the one who "lost" the engine, Ali Machinchy is that person. Barry has stated that he doesn't want the engine and you could take it up with Mr. Machinchy if you so choose. As was stated by Ali, Barry sold him a new turbine at a reasonable price, so I'm guessing Ali won't want it at either, much less having to deal with you. So from this point forward, you might as well leave Barry out of this.

As for your quandary, you have a small boat anchor on your hands since the turbine is useless without the ECU and support that you would need to get from Kingtech. We know where that stands, which is why you are ticked off at Barry. Selling it may get you some money but probably not as much as you had schemed for since again you don't have everything to make it all work. I hope in your adds you do state that the turbine is not complete with the ancillary items as that would be underhanded and you aren't that sort of person. You could tell buyers that they could purchase items and get support from Kingtech but that would also not be fact.

Good luck.

Lars
Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
essyou35

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Just FYI I asked why he didn't go find the original owner (through Barry) and offer to sell it to them for the price he paid from whatever auction he got it at. He has this listed in on rcgroups as well. I asked a few days ago when it showed up.

His response:

"He told me (Barry) three different stories and what i figured is the Airlines insurance paid for the lost goods , I ask him for the information and he would not give it to me so i could check with the airlines to see if it was claimed the only thing i figured is they got a heck of allot more money for it ."

Last edited by essyou35; 11-03-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:47 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a person did consider purchasing it they would be foolish for offering very much. I suspect Ali flies quite a bit and it's hard telling how much time is on this turbine as that's recorded in the ecu which isn't included. It could be close to the 25 hour mark for service and there's no way to tell by just looking at it...
Old 11-03-2015, 11:50 AM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Hey, this thread is at least a little entertaining though!

Too bad it is at the cost of two of the people that really make R/c jets exciting, that really is too bad. But they have definitely shown that they are over it.

Eagle, Lars laid it out for you. Anyone who knows anything about jets, is going to call Barry RIGHT away if they don't know about the engine and find out it's history.

Remember, we need support from our manufactures to keep our toys flying. That's how r/c jets work. Now you know.

You didn't know this before, or you would've called Barry the INSTANT you saw this engine from where ever you picked it up from. And we can not fault you for this.

That said, you now know the circumstances in which the engine was stolen. Yes, stolen.

The way you carry yourself from here, is how you are, and will be, judged.

We all make mistakes, I've made 6 in the time it took to write this response. I am responsible for my mistakes and responsible for learning from them.

Good luck!

Last edited by ravill; 11-03-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling, grammer
Old 11-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I am with Ravi on this one. We all make mistakes. Mine was bringing this turbine as luggage.
When I saw the note ( s ) in my bags informing that my turbine was gone. I was already a day into my final destination of a whistle stop visit to the US. I really had no time to start following up with claims and so forth. I went down the route of dealing with American Airlines customer support on a separate issue before this turbine debacle. That was a waste of far too much of my time for no result. So no way was I going through the misery of dealing with them trying to get my turbine back in the limited time I had in the US. So I ( not happily ) decided to deem the turbine as lost. Add to this. The fact that the paperwork I had was just two stock notes informing me of my loss. No reference number or mention of a claim or retrieval.
I am more than a little pi$$ed off at the allegation that I have claimed already for this turbine, but to be honest its pretty much what I have come to expect of this forum. So, its not big issue to my life. I will get over it. I just like to keep the facts available for those interested.
Regards Ali
Old 11-03-2015, 01:05 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering when the "my lawyer" phrase would pop up-Classic-Always what they say when their back is against the wall
Old 11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali
I have a copy of the two pieces of paper that were left in my luggage at the time. There is no mention of claiming for the item confiscated. No case number related to my item…. nothing. Just a note saying that the items have been removed and will be destroyed. I posted them on Facebook at the time it happened. Not sure if I can be bothered to try and dig them up to post here.
Credit to Barry and Kingtech. They stepped up and offered me a replacement turbine at a very reasonable cost. At the time I was bummed I had lost a brand new turbine. Impressed with barry and KT for their gesture and educated that I should never take a turbine to the USA in my luggage again. Never did I think it would pop up and create this crap!
Eaglen2fb… You don't have a clue what your talking about! No claim was made by me for this turbine. This turbine was also a stock standard unit that came off the self of my store in the UK. Do try and let the facts get in the way of a post if you can. I know it might make your stories a little less exciting, but the truth is more factual.
Regards Ali

IMO Ali has cleared things up and the engine was stolen by the airline who in turn sold or donated it. The airline should have contacted Ali and arranged to have the engine shipped back to him or paid him for it but it's something that would better claimed on your HO ins and or taxes and call it a day.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Slow day at the tooth factory for me. Didn't Ali say somewhere above that he didn't pursue the claim? Some people might not be able to compute the idea that someone wouldn't go after the airlines for something worth $3K. Depending on where you fall in the socioeconomic strata, your time trying to fight with the airlines could be more valuable than the money lost.

Eagle, Barry was generalizing, he did not directly call you stupid. However, you have provided ample evidence to give merit to his generalization. Again, this is a lose-lose for you, you would be smarter to throw that turbine in the garbage and forget about it. It is worthless without the support of the company. Mentioning an attorney is comedy. All he will do is tell you that he has reviewed the relevant evidence and concluded that you are SOL, and then send you a bill.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Philip Cooper

Must be frustrating for eaglen2fb to discover his bargain engine was removed from Ali's luggage, we can all see that buddy, but I can smell the whiff of his moral terpitude. Mate do the right thing and sort Ali out. You took a punt on a bargain engine and already its not turned out as you had hoped. Law/pedestals/sausage clubs other quality arguments you have put forward aside, its just treating people how you would like to be treated.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:56 PM
autopilot1

Doesn't it bother anyone that someone could have a $3,000 turbine taken from their luggage and they "really had no time to start following up with claims and so forth"?

Ravill, you would try to get back a 10 cent Hobby King lipo but its OK to NOT try to get back a turbine? What's wrong with that logic.

As far as I see it Ali gave up possession when refused to try to get it back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.