Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 05:19 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never thought i'd like another brand other than JR but i really like my DS-24 .It's much easier to use and program than anything else. The awesome support from the online videos to the excellent phone and email support was a pleasant surprise.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:12 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I love this radio more and more everyday.

My biggest complaint is that I don't get to use it as much as I'd like, but I'm trying!!
Old 07-30-2018, 12:28 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Yep, its a nice Radio.
Using 3 total receivers (2 2.4Ghz, 1 900MHZ)
XPS 24
Old 07-30-2018, 06:39 PM
rskiba
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
here is a short video i did about the new CTU for Jeti and Explorer support.
feel free to comment or questions!
Any progress on working with the Jet Central ECUs?
Old 07-30-2018, 09:05 PM
sideshow

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm about to do the test drive to replace my beloved 12X. Any chance this could be a sticky so that people with specific issues could look at a thread instead of pages of stuff that didn't apply?
Old 08-02-2018, 06:06 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
I'm about to do the test drive to replace my beloved 12X. Any chance this could be a sticky so that people with specific issues could look at a thread instead of pages of stuff that didn't apply?
I went from 12X to XG11 to DS16, I think you will find the fit, finish, and quality feel at least as good as your 12X. The programming takes a little getting used to but the flexibility of the programming and number of hardware choices are REALLY nice. Everything Jeti that I’ve bought seems to be really high quality.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:25 PM
paulhelis

Default I'm scared

I bought this radio to use at our flying field where the 2.4 mhz cat fly because someone near installed a 2.4 mhz jammer. I thought that this radio was the solution because the 900 mix. I test fly with a bandit are and had no problems. The radio was beeping all the time because 2.4 lost every time so fly was ok no problems noted but the I read the jet magazine the followiing article please let me know your thoughts

Last edited by paulhelis; 08-03-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:23 PM
ravill

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sideshow
Bob, you will likely, very much, like your choice. The Jeti programming is very unique. I have now moved over 2 jets (my most complicated jets) and I have learned that if I'm using a "mix", I'm probably doing it wrong! There are so many ways to make things happen. As a matter of fact, I still don't really understand how the advice I was given to mix the flaps with flight modes really works, but it works! I have an idea, but I'm not entirely sure. This is my biggest gripe. But it's really not that bad in the scheme of things, because it works! If you add a demon cortex pro, it makes having a gyro, SUPER slick.

Don't let the RCU jeti dude disuade you, I have had nothing but excellent support and interaction with the Jeti folks in florida. Like you, I was holding on to my 12x tighter than Michael Jackson in a kiddie bouncy house, my DS-24 feels like an upgrade. Dude, the telemetry goodies are the icing on the cake. Yeah, all we (I) need is a timer, but darnit, it is cool to look at all the awesome info coming back at me!

Originally Posted by paulhelis
I bought this radio to use at our flying field where the 2.4 mix cat fly because someone near installed a 2.4 mhz hammer. I thought that this radio was the solution because the 900 mix. I test fly with a bandit are and had no problems. The radio was beeping all the time because 2.4 lost every time so fly was ok no problems noted but the I read the jet magazine the following article please let me know your thoughts
Hmm, just out of my understanding, 900 mghz is meant more like a "back up". As I understand it, in 900 mghz, it is sending a signal with "lower resolution". I.e., enough to get you home. Probably only guys like Shui or Ali could tell the difference in the lowered resolution of 900 mghz. Sounds like you have a difficult flying situation at your field.

Flying a jet in a pure 900 mghz configuration definitely negates all the safety, redundant 2.4 ghz features the Jeti has.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:32 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought this radio to use at our flying field where the 2.4 mix cat fly because someone near installed a 2.4 mhz hammer.
What is a 2.4 MHz Hammer? It doesn't sound nice...
RP
Old 08-03-2018, 05:29 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
The Jeti programming is very unique. I have now moved over 2 jets (my most complicated jets) and I have learned that if I'm using a "mix", I'm probably doing it wrong!
Rav, there is no "wrong" way, but sometimes there are easier ways. I'm trying to come up with my own convention so that every model is created the same way. It can get confusing trying to figure out how I did something in a previous model where I tried different ways of doing the same thing. Just starting on my fifth jet with Jeti and I think I found a better way of doing something. Now do I go back and change the other jets to this way? And multiple logical switches with telemetry controls can get nerve racking. But it's all just fun and part of the hobby.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:01 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies

Rav, there is no "wrong" way, but sometimes there are easier ways. I'm trying to come up with my own convention so that every model is created the same way. It can get confusing trying to figure out how I did something in a previous model where I tried different ways of doing the same thing. Just starting on my fifth jet with Jeti and I think I found a better way of doing something. Now do I go back and change the other jets to this way? And multiple logical switches with telemetry controls can get nerve racking. But it's all just fun and part of the hobby.
Here's what I do. I make up a "Setup" sheet for each jet, like the one above for my Natrix. If I haven't flown for a while, I make sure to review the sheet beforehand. They're also handy for setting up the next jet.

Craig
Old 08-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG

Here's what I do. I make up a "Setup" sheet for each jet, like the one above for my Natrix. If I haven't flown for a while, I make sure to review the sheet beforehand. They're also handy for setting up the next jet.

Craig
About the only thing I do differently then you with a CB200 channels.....I always assigned the Gyro Gain to channel 16 since no physical connection is required, that give me a channel for smoke....

The rest is quite different...many way to do things, all my jets are setup the same, in fact all my planes always used the same switch so there’s no thinking required.

Last edited by Dansy; 08-03-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:40 PM
paulhelis

Originally Posted by RickP
What is a 2.4 MHz Hammer? It doesn't sound nice...
RP
i meant jammer but phone corrector did the bad correcton. I also wrote mhz not mix and some other mistakes because te corrector
Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rskiba
Any progress on working with the Jet Central ECUs?
No sorry , i am still watching paint dry... as i await the details from Jetcentral..
so if someone wants to send me a JC it will be done in no time..
Old 08-10-2018, 06:31 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i meant jammer but phone corrector did the bad correcton. I also wrote mhz not mix and some other mistakes because te corrector
You misunderstood how it works, if the 2.4GHz operates the 900MHz is on standby and being pinged at low power at low duty cycle, system keeps verifying that 900 is still there. If 2.4GHz fails the 900MHz goes to full power, and 2.4GHz is being pinged and this is when you get Backup Warrning.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 08-12-2018, 03:11 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 900 mHz

I bought this radio to use at our flying field where the 2.4 mhz cat fly because someone near installed a 2.4 mhz jammer. I thought that this radio was the solution because the 900 mix. I test fly with a bandit are and had no problems. The radio was beeping all the time because 2.4 lost every time so fly was ok no problems noted but the I read the jet magazine the followiing article please let me know your thoughts
So you have proved that the 900 mHz system works Paul. Why has someone installed a 2.4mHz jammer in the first place?
John
Old 08-14-2018, 04:55 AM
roydefiant

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Airspeed
I have been using the JETI M-speed and pitot tube with great success. I would like to try GPS as an alternative. Anyone with experience with the powerbox GPSII. Compatible with JETI EX, I am wondering how accurate it seems to be with airspeed and if you can generate a continuous audible of airspeed from the JETI radio?
Old 08-14-2018, 04:59 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by roydefiant
Airspeed
I have been using the JETI M-speed and pitot tube with great success. I would like to try GPS as an alternative. Anyone with experience with the powerbox GPSII. Compatible with JETI EX, I am wondering how accurate it seems to be with airspeed and if you can generate a continuous audible of airspeed from the JETI radio?
i works fine, I use it in all my jet/TP
Old 08-15-2018, 11:55 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dansy

i works fine, I use it in all my jet/TP
You mean PB GPS with Jeti? if so which port will the PB GPS plug into?

Thanks
Chatty.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:18 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by c_makhija

You mean PB GPS with Jeti? if so which port will the PB GPS plug into?

Thanks
Chatty.
Yes I mean the PowerBox GPS II work fine with Jeti. It connect to any normal telemetry port (so its NOT and EXBus device)

To change the setting in it, you need the same adapter like the PB bluetooth or USB dongle.....

You get all the parameters and multiple alarms can be set like any Jeti devices.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:42 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Dansy,

But I guess it won’t correct the gain on the Cortex? Like it would do on the I gyro.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Dansy

I don't run the Cortex...So I really don't know the answer to that....I have the assist installed.....but don't really use them, yup I know a R3/R12 are cheaper.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:47 PM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by c_makhija
Thanks Dansy,

But I guess it won’t correct the gain on the Cortex? Like it would do on the I gyro.
you can setup a telemetry mix to control the gain on your Cortex based on the data supplied by the PB GPS.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:34 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Trying to make sure all my RX's have latest firmware using Jeti Studio. On one of my CB200's when I use the USB cable and plug into the EXT port on the CB200, I can't get it to read anything. no response. However, when i try another another CB200 to check firmware , it immediately connects and shows current version. Does anyone have any thought on why one CB200 has no response? i have all other cabling completely remove and no power to it.

THANKS.....
Old 09-08-2018, 03:07 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
Trying to make sure all my RX's have latest firmware using Jeti Studio. On one of my CB200's when I use the USB cable and plug into the EXT port on the CB200, I can't get it to read anything. no response. However, when i try another another CB200 to check firmware , it immediately connects and shows current version. Does anyone have any thought on why one CB200 has no response? i have all other cabling completely remove and no power to it.

THANKS.....
did you change the EXT port from Jetibox to Ex Bus at some point ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.