Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti DS-24

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti DS-24

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2023, 08:11 AM
harrycurzon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave McQueeney has had to make changes to the way you get his LUA apps, because Digitech Aerosports will no longer be hosting his apps that you get through Jeti Studio. Therefore there is a new address to put into the Apps Sources tab in Studio. I have amended the address the description box in my youtube videos about each app.

1. Details of all Dave's apps are added to the website where you build the maps and instrument panel app, www.jetiluadfm.app

2. The new address to put into Jeti Studio is http://www.jetiluadfm.app/staticrepo/DFMHC/Apps.json You must also delete the obsolete jetimodel.nl address otherwise conflicts may occur. Do not delete the special address generated by the maps/instrument panel apps.

3. Dave's website also now has a button to allow you to contribute towards the cost of it. Dave, his son Russell, and I do all the work to create the apps for free, but the website costs Dave in hard cash for a monthly subscription fee, so if you have benefited from the apps I hope that you will feel able to donate something towards the cost of the website that makes the apps available. Thank you.

Last edited by harrycurzon; 12-05-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:20 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
UPDATE: I got my DS-24 back from James at Esprit yesterday. Initial tests look good. I turned it on several times, switching to different models that previously resulted in the above error, and no sign of the error! James thinks that something got corrupted and that re-flashing the firmware fixed it. So, if anyone runs into this problem where the error message just keeps randomly popping up try re-flashing your firmware before you send it back for repair as this might save you several weeks and the cost of shipping -Tom
So how do you re-flash the firmware? I'm having the exact same problem on a brand new DS-24. It started same as yours four weeks in but everything would work after getting past the error screen. I had replaced some switches when I first got the radio but the problem appeared about two or three weeks later. I opened the back and check all the switch ribbon cables and replaced one two nights ago and cycled power about 40 times(I notated the count to see if there was a pattern) yesterday throughout the day and night and all good. Power up radio this morning and immediately get error screen but this time after hitting ok I had like four switches that wouldn't work when looking at the switches and sticks screen(I also had some voice announcements on some and they didn't announce). Power down radio and then power up and everything works? After holding off for years to switch to a different system, I'm really having second thoughts especially with the Jeti restructuring for service and having a real intermittent problem.

Last edited by Afterburners; 02-02-2024 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:39 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Weird as I have many friends with the DS-24 and not even a hint of an issue.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:23 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Weird as I have many friends with the DS-24 and not even a hint of an issue.
Thanks for those encouraging words Bob.
Old 02-02-2024, 10:11 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Have you contacted Jeti USA yet? Or called Aeropanda? These fellows will be able to help you much more than us on the forums.
I've had my DS-24 since they 1st came out. Each time I had a bug and I thought my transmitter was defective, I discovered that it was something that I did wrong. James & ZB at Esprit and Danny from Aeropanda were always there to help. Also, David, LA Jet Guy is super-knowledgable and helpful.
Don't give up. Once you have it sorted you'll find it is a very reliable and robust system.
The following users liked this post:
Viper1GJ (02-02-2024)
Old 02-02-2024, 01:10 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
Have you contacted Jeti USA yet? Or called Aeropanda? These fellows will be able to help you much more than us on the forums.
I've had my DS-24 since they 1st came out. Each time I had a bug and I thought my transmitter was defective, I discovered that it was something that I did wrong. James & ZB at Esprit and Danny from Aeropanda were always there to help. Also, David, LA Jet Guy is super-knowledgable and helpful.
Don't give up. Once you have it sorted you'll find it is a very reliable and robust system.
Spoke to Danny. Other than sending it in, I asked if changing out the SD card it worth trying and he said yes. I asked if there are any files that are needed on there and he said there are and Jeti CZ used to have them on there website. I can't find them. Anybody have them? I guess I'll email jeti and see if they can help me out. After that, it's on it's way to FL. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:15 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
So how do you re-flash the firmware? I'm having the exact same problem on a brand new DS-24. It started same as yours four weeks in but everything would work after getting past the error screen. I had replaced some switches when I first got the radio but the problem appeared about two or three weeks later. I opened the back and check all the switch ribbon cables and replaced one two nights ago and cycled power about 40 times(I notated the count to see if there was a pattern) yesterday throughout the day and night and all good. Power up radio this morning and immediately get error screen but this time after hitting ok I had like four switches that wouldn't work when looking at the switches and sticks screen(I also had some voice announcements on some and they didn't announce). Power down radio and then power up and everything works? After holding off for years to switch to a different system, I'm really having second thoughts especially with the Jeti restructuring for service and having a real intermittent problem.

https://youtu.be/UbrGcvwQqIg
I finally figured out how to address this issue. When you replace a switch you need to manually assign the switch type, the default is auto detection and the auto detect function is not reliable. Once I manually assigned all my switch types the problem went away. I have 2 DS 24s, been running them for four years with no issues.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:14 PM
Afterburners

I finally figured out how to address this issue. When you replace a switch you need to manually assign the switch type, the default is auto detection and the auto detect function is not reliable. Once I manually assigned all my switch types the problem went away. I have 2 DS 24s, been running them for four years with no issues.
Thanks for responding. I changed out four switches. Three two-way's were replaced with three-ways and one two-way with a safety two-way. I just checked and every switch is set to the type that it is(none set to auto) but strangely, the rear sliders which I haven't assigned to any function in either of the two models I have in the radio were not set to proportional. They may have been set to auto or none. I know you had this problem many years ago but do you remember how often you would get the error message on boot up and experience the switches actually not working or working intermittently? The video I posted was from yesterday and it was the first time I would get past the boot up error screen and actually have the switches not work. The four or five times before that, I would get past the boot error screen by hitting ok and then everything was normal. I've only had the radio for about six weeks but have been playing with it almost everyday since getting it and the error screen only started at around week four or five. I changed the SD card yesterday and replaced the config, device and update folders with ones from a friends ds-24 thinking something may have been corrupted. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:20 PM
Tip22v

Thanks for responding. I changed out four switches. Three two-way's were replaced with three-ways and one two-way with a safety two-way. I just checked and every switch is set to the type that it is(none set to auto) but strangely, the rear sliders which I haven't assigned to any function in either of the two models I have in the radio were not set to proportional. They may have been set to auto or none. I know you had this problem many years ago but do you remember how often you would get the error message on boot up and experience the switches actually not working or working intermittently? The video I posted was from yesterday and it was the first time I would get past the boot up error screen and actually have the switches not work. The four or five times before that, I would get past the boot error screen by hitting ok and then everything was normal. I've only had the radio for about six weeks but have been playing with it almost everyday since getting it and the error screen only started at around week four or five. I changed the SD card yesterday and replaced the config, device and update folders with ones from a friends ds-24 thinking something may have been corrupted. Thanks.
Did you previously set the switch types to their assigned type. Did you buy this radio used or new? All three of the DS-24s I bought new came with the switches set to Auto. Now, Jeti may have changed that after I bought my 3 radios 4+ years ago. I’m thinking you should try changing the switch types back to auto, then set them back to manual assign again.
Old 02-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Afterburners

Did you previously set the switch types to their assigned type. Did you buy this radio used or new? All three of the DS-24s I bought new came with the switches set to Auto. Now, Jeti may have changed that after I bought my 3 radios 4+ years ago. I’m thinking you should try changing the switch types back to auto, then set them back to manual assign again.
Actually, after I typed my response and looking a little closer, i realized what you meant and yes, they were all set to auto.( I was going to respond tomorrow) After reading the manual, It made more sense that by taking each switch out of auto mode, the radio won't be checking all the switches every time it boots up. I did buy the radio new about six weeks ago. I'm hoping this fixes the issue but only time will tell. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
Old 02-03-2024, 10:11 PM
Tip22v

Actually, after I typed my response and looking a little closer, i realized what you meant and yes, they were all set to auto.( I was going to respond tomorrow) After reading the manual, It made more sense that by taking each switch out of auto mode, the radio won't be checking all the switches every time it boots up. I did buy the radio new about six weeks ago. I'm hoping this fixes the issue but only time will tell. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
I’m pretty sure this will fix the problem. Keep us posted if it does not.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:20 AM
Afterburners

I’m pretty sure this will fix the problem. Keep us posted if it does not.
Definitely. Thanks again.