Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New color data terminal with record/playback function for Xicoy ecus

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New color data terminal with record/playback function for Xicoy ecus

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:38 AM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Smart terminal with color touchscreen & record/playback function for Xicoy ecus

We are happy to announce our new data terminal, that has been developed to be light weight (22,3g/ 0.8oz) and small to be installed permanently on the airplane.
It have an 1,8" color touchscreen, uSD card slot for data recording and firmware upgrade, plus an internal memory to store over 1 hour of engine run time.
Besides the usual functions of our current data terminal, presenting the data in full color and using graphic gauges, it includes assistants for radio checking, shutdown cause and other special turbine operations.

In my view, the most innovative and useful function is the internal recorder/playback function. The terminal continuously stores all the data received from the ecu, keeping in its permanent memory all the data of last 67 minutes of engine run, without the need of the memory card. After the flight, the terminal can be pulled out of the plane and, without connecting to the ecu, just connected to a 5-10V battery, the data stored can be played back in real time, same presentation as if the engine was running. Playback mode can be still, forward or reverse, speed x1, x 10 and x100 in both directions, so that would be easy to investigate any issue at the field without the need of a computer or any other type of reader.

This data, including all engine parameters, can be saved later to a memory card, where it can be read using a text editor, or our viewer software. Also can be sent to engine manufacturer to be studied, and changes uploaded back to the ecu.

It is compatible with all xicoy ecus that use the 3 wire servo lead (Kingtech, Wren, JetsMunt, JetCentral, etc). Firmware can be upgraded trough the uSD card, so the compatibility with new ecus and future functions is assured.

Available now trough our usual dealers (DreamworkRc, etc) or directly to us.

Video with a live engine: https://youtu.be/YGTcReX0_so

Playback function: https://youtu.be/4pSC6m7yo5Q

Gaspar

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HDT18A.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	2147591   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDT18B.jpg
Views:	989
Size:	707.3 KB
ID:	2147592  

Last edited by Gaspar; 02-22-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:57 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice Gaspar. Will look for it in the Dreamworks Catalog!

You have really been busy with all the new electronics lately ... great to see the innovation.

Dave McQ
Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 AM
kimhey

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!

Kim
Old 02-16-2016, 10:09 PM
Felix Barrao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice device.

The live engine in the video is the M-35 ?

Félix
Old 02-16-2016, 10:51 PM
Birdman6310

Approx how much will the Recommended Retail price of this nice little unit be ?

Also interested to see the M35 running
Old 02-17-2016, 02:44 AM
Quandry

Very nice Gaspar, great job Xicoy - continually innovating makes this a fantastic hobby!
Old 02-17-2016, 06:34 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Looks great. Can this terminal be used in conjunction with telemetry, specifically the Spektrum TM-1000?
Old 02-17-2016, 06:12 PM
DHC6
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks very nice, just wondering what are the differences between this new unit and the current Xicoy Flight computer? I see obviously the playback option which is very cool and could prove to be very handy when out in the feild trouble shooting a problem. Especially when your away from your home base at a fly in. Very cool stuff! Will it have all the same features as the Flght computer as well? Like the GPS and the telemetry features as well?
Old 02-18-2016, 12:00 AM
Gaspar

Manythanks for your interest in the new gadget!

Answersto the latest questions:

@Birdman6310:Planned retail price would be around 60EUR net.
@CraigG: Yes, it is compatible with all our telemetrymodules and the future Bluetooth module using a "Y" servo lead.
@DHC6:Main difference is that it is an "engine only" terminal (although canbe used to program other items like our sequencer). It don't have the internalsensors (barometric, Pitot, 3D G load), nor provision for connecting external modules,like GPS or Telemetry. Screen size is smaller, and price is lessthan half, close to our current data terminals.

Gaspar

PD: @Felix:Pls don't ask what you already know!
Old 02-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Felix Barrao

Yes, you are wright. I should have written.

The live engine in the video is the M-35 !!!

Félix
Old 02-20-2016, 04:55 PM
AVIOJET

Maese Gaspar, speaking about new devices........and the new retracts controler GS 200? there is nothing in your web

BR

Jesus
Old 02-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Bob Toilet

So this can be used on any turbine with the
Xicoy V.10 ECU? The new ATJ SV series?
Old 02-22-2016, 02:35 AM
Gaspar

Yes, it works with all Xicoy ecus that use the 3-wire connection. 107K, 108K, JetsMunt brushless ecus and Jetcentral Powerpacs.

Gaspar
Old 02-22-2016, 11:30 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

This new product developed by the premier electronics "guru" within the jet community. We (Anita and I) are proud and privileged to offer this unit to all Jet Central, KingTech and other mfg's. who operate their turbine with the V10 ECU. Additionally, Jet Central powerpak owners as well, now have the ability to view the complete operation of their turbine.

Read again, the value/benefit of this newest release from Gaspar in the first post of this thread. . .all this for a fraction of the cost of other systems offered. $65.95 USD plus shipping.

See us at Florida Jets to see for yourself. Yes, we will connect directly to your system for a complete demonstration.

Thank you,
Eric and Anita Clapp
A & E Jets USA
Old 03-20-2016, 04:33 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Got 2 of these gizmos from Eric Clapp. Mounted one in my FB Dolphin (white) and one in my Ultra Flash under construction (red). Neat little device. I am still working on finding just the right spot to make easy to see and reach. I expect to set up the turbine parameters on the Flash tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xicoy1.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	2153367   Click image for larger version

Name:	xicoy3.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	2153368  
Old 08-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Snake Bite

Default Air Sequencer Programming

Hello,
My name is Jake. I am a new Xicoy customer. I am useing two dual action units and one single action unit, plus the sequencer in my Skymaster 1/4 scale Hawk jet. This is the first time with this company and it products. Are there any manuals depicting the programming and operational setup of the sequencer and I just received the Smart Data Terminal in the mail today? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Respectfully,
Jake
Old 08-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Jgwright

Jake

Xicoy has the manuals on its web pages. If you look in the content of each of the products you will see links. The sequencer is :-
Seq1_0.pdf

John
Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM
Snake Bite

Default Air Sequencer Programming

Thank you John,
I just purchased the Smart Data Terminal Controller. My local hobby shop said they contacted Xicoy and this Smart data terminal would program the air sequencer controller. I connected the SDT to the air retract sequencer and there is no indication providing a way to setup mthe air system. Can you suggest what I am doing wrong? Does the "Smart Data Controller" talk to the air sequencer? If so, how do I change it over to talk with the air sequencer?

Thank you for your time and information!
Respectfully,

Mike Jacobs