Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Lownverted
My Feedback: (4)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got to see one of these fly yesterday at the Basin. Looked like a great flying jet! I'm a little concerned though after seeing it come back with a bent wing tube. Any failures?
Old 11-13-2016, 09:43 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Lownverted
I got to see one of these fly yesterday at the Basin. Looked like a great flying jet! I'm a little concerned though after seeing it come back with a bent wing tube. Any failures?
Wow! What engine?
Old 11-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, There was a concern that I may have bent my wing spar due to the wing being tight to install and slid off. We checked it on a slate table and with a strait edge and it is out maybe 0.020 and with most manufacturing of aluminum tubing the tolerances are +/- 0.010

So with that I would say its not bent and not an issue. Remember I have a very unconventional flying style, Snap Rolls, Lomcevak's, Stall Spins and so on.. if it was going to bend or brake I think it would have happened already.

I don't see any concerns here.

Last edited by Digital Pilot; 11-13-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:45 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

My wings are hard to remove also. No wing tube bending.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Digital Pilot

Its always been kinda hard to remove and install the wings. I had some help and it was mentioned so we looked into it. Might just need to sand the tube a little.. Had the same problem with the BVM KingKat Spars
Old 11-13-2016, 11:43 AM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
Its always been kinda hard to remove and install the wings. I had some help and it was mentioned so we looked into it. Might just need to sand the tube a little.. Had the same problem with the BVM KingKat Spars
My BVM BobCat and Bandit MKII have the same issue. You have to just sand the tube a bit. It takes a lot to bend those tubes.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:44 PM
gunradd

Maiden flight by Franco D. Powered by a K120.

https://www.facebook.com/alexandra.f...1725116622247/

Last edited by gunradd; 11-13-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:52 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wing tube is hard to get on so I matched it to the wings. It will fit into the right wing fine, if I try and put the other end of the tube in the same wing it is hard to do so I found the best combo and marked it. I install the more difficult wing onto the tube first. Then I put that wing on the fuselage with the tube in the wing, then the left wing goes on easy. I marked the tube and I have no issues with the install as long as I fallow the same matched sequence.

TB
Old 11-13-2016, 09:02 PM
Digital Pilot

Thanks TB

I checked mine and its like what you stated.. It slides in smooth on one wing but is tight if i flip the spar around.. I will mark mine as well.

Simple fix...
Old 11-14-2016, 05:13 AM
TonyBuilder

Only got two flights in yesterday as on the second flight my break valve stoped working so I only got this test flight to see how the rear camera view works.

https://youtu.be/IYE8KruxLRo

TB
Old 11-14-2016, 09:29 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Put some baby powder on those wing tubes... They slide much easier.

Dan
Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM
TonyBuilder

I sanded the crap out of mine, and used BP, best is to match it up with the wing halves.

TB
Old 11-15-2016, 04:09 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Default Too Bad.............

Well guys,

I'm sorry it has to come to this, but I've tried every source to communicate with the factory, to no avail........

I ordered my Fortune (Or T-one as you will) just after Jetpower from the official Dutch distributor. at that moment still with the projected delivery delay of 1 month, although I realistically had 3 months in mind.

I was informed by my reseller that up to date, 2 months further down the line, the order they placed for my plane hasn't even been confirmed yet. So even if it were to be confirmed now, I'll still be facing a delay of at least 3 months.

I'm a very patient person by nature, but 5+ months wait far a sport jet is too much.........no stone thrown at my local reseller here....

Seems they are becoming the victim of their own succes..... I can understand they want to continu to supply top notch planes (which I applaude!! ), and that they are swamped with orders (seems you guys in the US are getting all the goodies... ;-) ), but when communication breaks down, things start going south......... Too bad Europe is left hanging out to dry........

Seems I will have to start looking at alternatives....... again too bad.........

Wim

Last edited by WimB; 11-15-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:26 AM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are delays in the US as well. I ordered mine mid August and waited until last week to query the status of delivery. I was told they were moving to a new factory in a few days and that they didn't know when I would get it. I was offered a full refund which I accepted and received.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:33 AM
TonyBuilder

I hope these jets don't become a collectors item!

TB
Old 11-15-2016, 06:54 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is they have added two more molds to the production line.. They now have four molds producing.. Things should pick up now as long as they have personel that know what to do....
Old 11-15-2016, 07:25 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
My understanding is they have added two more molds to the production line.. They now have four molds producing.. Things should pick up now as long as they have personel that know what to do....

Yes they have 2 more molds now. They are also moving to a bigger facility I think. Dirk has also been trying to get them to focus on the T1 and not the other projects they where working on. They have some pretty cool planes in development but they need to stay on the back burner until they get caught up on the T1s. The long waits is why Dirk wanted to put a hold on all new sales until they get the number of them back ordered down to a reasonable number.

Its tough I let a few friends fly the T1 at the last event I attended and they where blown away and wanted to make orders for 2 of them..... I had to say well we are not taking orders right now

Tony they will not be a collectors item since well over 100 have been already sold
Old 11-15-2016, 07:39 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have seen three T1s in person, every one was Top Shelf quality, and as close to Flawless paint as your gonna get. To be recieving what you get for that price is amazing. Its a new company that hit the market with a high demand item, they did not expect so many orders, and were not ready for such a high demand, as with any company there will be some growing pains, thats what we are feeling right now, just deal with it! My last F16 I ordered straight from Skymaster, I ordered mid May and recieved mid september. Waiting is part of ordering a new airplane. THEY WILL GET IT SETTLED OUT EVENTUALLY. Pesonally I ordered mine mid august, talked to Dirk Sat night, my plane is still 11 out from being built,,AND i feel this way, the quality of what they are building ,,,is worth the wait.
Just my 2cents.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:08 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Ronnie,

don't get me wrong, I knew I'd have to wait for it, and that is not the problem.... the problem is the breakdown in communication........I'm sure it can't take about 2 months to confirm an order via mail, now can it?? to me, as long as the order has not been confirmed, i'm still in the back of the line....

I'd be happy to wait 3 months for it from time of order.... but not to wait 3 months from the time that he factory eventually sees fit to reply with an order confirmation........ first in first out?

Wim
Old 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM
raron455

Wim, No worries buddy, that was not aimed at you. I have heard alot of folks complaining about the wait time on the jets, and the waiting list to get em, and the truth is Dirk can only do so much to keep em on track. I am anxious to get mine, dont get me wrong, however I do not want it rushed and then lose some quality. And I do completely believe that is Dirks main goal, Keep that quality. I understand about a lack of communication too, that is definitely a concern and feel the same way you do on that. I myself ordered without logos, and Dirk has told me that he can not gaurantee they will leave them off, (communication issues) I dont agree with that, but on that same page, He has told me he is watching the build list, and will be on them when mine comes up, but there is only so much Dirk can do. My point of all this is to let folks know patience is going to be the key with this jet and this company. If they keep this quality up, they will do just fine, and continue to succeed, and provide us with multiple choices of great aircraft.

Last edited by raron455; 11-15-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:35 AM
TonyBuilder

Ronnie, you can fly mine next weekend as the team will be in Waco Friday and Saturday, might make you less patient though

TB
Old 11-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455
I have seen three T1s in person, every one was Top Shelf quality, and as close to Flawless paint as your gonna get. To be recieving what you get for that price is amazing. Its a new company that hit the market with a high demand item, they did not expect so many orders, and were not ready for such a high demand, as with any company there will be some growing pains, thats what we are feeling right now, just deal with it! My last F16 I ordered straight from Skymaster, I ordered mid May and recieved mid september. Waiting is part of ordering a new airplane. THEY WILL GET IT SETTLED OUT EVENTUALLY. Pesonally I ordered mine mid august, talked to Dirk Sat night, my plane is still 11 out from being built,,AND i feel this way, the quality of what they are building ,,,is worth the wait.
Just my 2cents.
i ordered mine in September so I'll probably have it in time for Spring flying... Wonder if I'll get it in time for Tucson....lol

p.s. this is not a rant. I'd rather wait for the quality than rush them and get another built on Friday afternoon piece of junk plane like Boomerang sent me. Luckily I have it fixed and flying well until my T-One gets here
Old 11-15-2016, 01:41 PM
raron455

Originally Posted by TonyBuilder
Ronnie, you can fly mine next weekend as the team will be in Waco Friday and Saturday, might make you less patient though

TB

Ill take you up on that!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	616
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	2190078  
Old 11-16-2016, 10:13 AM
gunradd

Another successful T1 maiden today. Big congrats to Sean ! Its powerd by a Kingtech K100. He said the K100 flew it well even a short take off from grass.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeR.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	2190188  

Last edited by gunradd; 11-16-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:20 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
Another successful T1 maiden today. Big congrats to Sean ! Its powers by a Kingtech K100. He said the K100 flew it well even a short take off from grass.

Thanks Kris! Credit to you, Barry, and Dirk for the R&D on this model and the other folks who have aided in bringing this to market. Could not be happier.

I'll post some pics and video clips shortly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.