Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 09:10 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I would recommend either the KT160 or SW170…. 140 will fly it, but you’ll be happier and have more fun with the 160/170.
Old 12-28-2023, 01:44 PM
supertoyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
I would recommend either the KT160 or SW170…. 140 will fly it, but you’ll be happier and have more fun with the 160/170.
Decided to use one of the 25 kg servo's I have for the steering and get the 43 kg for everything else. Still trying to decide on the turbine. I'll probably go Swiwin which means my choices would be 140 or 170. On one hand I'm thinking 140 would be fine, then I think just go with the 170 to make sure it meets my take off and top speed expectations. My only worries are weight, high residual thrust and overpowering the airframe / thrust tube. From what I've read in the last 115 pages of the thread it carries weight well so that shouldn't be an issue and has large flaps to slow down well. I'm assuming you can either turn down the max RPM in the turbines ECU or limit max throttle in the radio to dial it back to 160 ish performance if needed. Should be fine if you just keep everything smooth with no high G maneuvers at high speed right? I see many of the competitors jets of similiar size (Matrix for example) spec larger turbines but note avoiding high G manuevers at speed.

Turbine size:
100-140N for normal sport flying
160-180N for 3D vector flight – Avoid high speed high G flying

The Matrix appears to be much lighter "Weight: 21.9lbs (9.94kg) with 14kg turbine" making me think the 170 is probably the right choice for the T1.

Our field is well manicured grass and about 500' long but I'd like to ensure effortless take offs and avoid using every inch of runway when fully loaded. If it can take off in 300' and hit 190-200mph with a 140 then I'd be happy.

Last edited by supertoyz; 12-28-2023 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:53 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by supertoyz
Decided to use one of the 25 kg servo's I have for the steering and get the 43 kg for everything else. Still trying to decide on the turbine. I'll probably go Swiwin which means my choices would be 140 or 170. On one hand I'm thinking 140 would be fine, then I think just go with the 170 to make sure it meets my take off and top speed expectations. My only worries are weight, high residual thrust and overpowering the airframe / thrust tube. From what I've read in the last 115 pages of the thread it carries weight well so that shouldn't be an issue and has large flaps to slow down well. I'm assuming you can either turn down the max RPM in the turbines ECU or limit max throttle in the radio to dial it back to 160 ish performance if needed. Should be fine if you just keep everything smooth with no high G maneuvers at high speed right? I see many of the competitors jets of similiar size (Matrix for example) spec larger turbines but note avoiding high G manuevers at speed.

Turbine size:
100-140N for normal sport flying
160-180N for 3D vector flight – Avoid high speed high G flying

The Matrix appears to be much lighter "Weight: 21.9lbs (9.94kg) with 14kg turbine" making me think the 170 is probably the right choice for the T1.

Our field is well manicured grass and about 500' long but I'd like to ensure effortless take offs and avoid using every inch of runway when fully loaded. If it can take off in 300' and hit 190-200mph with a 140 then I'd be happy.
If you’re going with Swiwin, get the 170. Especially with a grass field, when it has a full load of fuel and smoke it’s heavy and a 140 on grass I think you would be much happier with the 170.

No need to worry about residual thrust on landings, the flaps are very effective. Don’t worry about detuning it to a 160, just don’t yank it super hard at max speed and you’ll be fine.

Old 01-04-2024, 08:19 AM
supertoyz

Default Parts list

Working on trying to get the bulk of items needed for my new T1 build on order. I'm hoping to get some ideas / recommendations on some of the little parts I may be overlooking. It's always the little things you forget that end up costing more in freight than the part and delaying progress for days.

T1 with lights and smoke - On order
(8) Std. servos - On order
(6) 1" aluminum servo arms - On order
SmoothFlight 16 - Here
Receiver w/remotes - Here
Turbine SW170 - Will order once the credit card cools down from Christmas.
On my list to order
(2) 1.5" Aluminum servo arms for the flaps (This is the recommended length right?)
UAT - Not sure what I'm going with yet, likely either a MAP or the Kingtech. Any recommendations on what works (fits) best in the T1 is appreciated.
High temp wire sleeving - Any suggestions on what length to get?
Wire kit for the wings, likely not going with the PacificRC wiring kit, seems a little pricey. Thinking of getting the AR One Click Plus connectors. Will then just need AR extensions once I figure out the lengths needed.
I'll likely get some nicer hardware (Stainless torx or Hex) with anodized finish washers once I know what sizes are needed
Ball valve for the smoke system unless KT includes it with the Smoke option
Will likely get a longer smoke tube to introduce smoke behind the thrust tube instead of behind the turbine (Recommended by Dirk)
Hysol
Dreamworks Vent system. Only one I have experience with, any other suggestions?
I assume some 4mm and 6mm tubing
Fuel line retaining clips
What's a good budget stand for this thing, especially for working on the bench? PacificRC has a nice looking soft stand but $109 for two pieces of foam seems a little steep.
Batteries, will save these for last when I'm finishing up CG and have a better idea what weight I need in batts.
Anything else I'm forgetting?

Last edited by supertoyz; 01-04-2024 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:40 AM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I think the flaps use a 3/4 to 1" servo arm. It stays inside the wing so it's not long. I use a BVM UAT. Heat sleeve comes in rolls so you cut it to size but I think mine are 3' or so in length x 3 .
I got the smaller $99. stand from Pacific jets and love it. It works great for building the jet on. In fact I use it to build all my models on. For vent I like the one Dirk sells.
Hope this helps some.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:16 PM
camss69

Working on trying to get the bulk of items needed for my new T1 build on order. I'm hoping to get some ideas / recommendations on some of the little parts I may be overlooking. It's always the little things you forget that end up costing more in freight than the part and delaying progress for days.

T1 with lights and smoke - On order
(8) Std. servos - On order
(6) 1" aluminum servo arms - On order
SmoothFlight 16 - Here
Receiver w/remotes - Here
Turbine SW170 - Will order once the credit card cools down from Christmas.
On my list to order
(2) 1.5" Aluminum servo arms for the flaps (This is the recommended length right?)
UAT - Not sure what I'm going with yet, likely either a MAP or the Kingtech. Any recommendations on what works (fits) best in the T1 is appreciated.
High temp wire sleeving - Any suggestions on what length to get?
Wire kit for the wings, likely not going with the PacificRC wiring kit, seems a little pricey. Thinking of getting the AR One Click Plus connectors. Will then just need AR extensions once I figure out the lengths needed.
I'll likely get some nicer hardware (Stainless torx or Hex) with anodized finish washers once I know what sizes are needed
Ball valve for the smoke system unless KT includes it with the Smoke option
Will likely get a longer smoke tube to introduce smoke behind the thrust tube instead of behind the turbine (Recommended by Dirk)
Hysol
Dreamworks Vent system. Only one I have experience with, any other suggestions?
I assume some 4mm and 6mm tubing
Fuel line retaining clips
What's a good budget stand for this thing, especially for working on the bench? PacificRC has a nice looking soft stand but $109 for two pieces of foam seems a little steep.
Batteries, will save these for last when I'm finishing up CG and have a better idea what weight I need in batts.
Anything else I'm forgetting?
I used the servo arm kit that PacificRCJets sells and they are really nice arms. The shorter length is the one I used for flaps.
I have a Intairco UAT in mine, but I’ve used the T1 brand UAT also and it’s really nice. I’ve also used the plastic bottle UAT’s that PacificRCJets sells and they work great too.
I used the wiring harness that PRCJ sells, it’s very nice and high quality, but it’s also very heavy. It might be expensive but you’ll spend close to that if you buy them all separately. I would recommend buying the powerbox wire, connectors, and crimpers and making your own if you don’t go with the PRCJ harness.
I replaced almost all the hardware, because that’s what I do.
I replaced all the ball links with DuBro Super HD links and H9 Titanium turnbuckles. Totally unnecessary but I do that on all my planes.
You will need a ball valve for the smoke system, and I run my smoke to the back as Dirk recommended to you.
Hysol, you’re going to need it at some point.
I run the Dreamworks vents as well.
The foam stand that PRCJ sells are awesome, I have like 4 of them, great for building and transport.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:15 PM
supertoyz

Build is finally done, now onto programming / setup.

Last edited by supertoyz; 04-16-2024 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:26 PM
camss69

Build is finally done, now onto programming / setup.

VERY nice install, that’s probably the nicest one I’ve seen, congrats!

Old 04-16-2024, 02:06 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Where is your balance point?
Old 04-16-2024, 03:49 AM
supertoyz

Originally Posted by ledd4u
Where is your balance point?
I'd read through this thread three times during the build. Rather than jumping right to 260 I decided to prioritize a more gentle and predictable stall over neutral inverted flight so I'm at 250mm as a starting point for the maiden.

Last edited by supertoyz; 04-16-2024 at 05:17 AM.