Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 12:27 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a comparison video of the stock gear and the modified gear, note that the stock gear is brand new and never used. The modified gear has the weakest of the three available springs in it.
42lb - 58lb - 65lb

https://youtu.be/TwQsAbsXEHQ

https://youtu.be/-4I6j3mRSfg

TB

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 01-22-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:04 PM
TonyBuilder

Test with 5lb of weight to simulate fuel.

https://youtu.be/uHG9Yr5OwjM

TB
Old 01-24-2017, 04:36 PM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have also been modifying my T1 stock gear to accept the Century Spring 3/8" die springs that Tony has shown. I have bored out the upper strut to accept a stock K&S brass tube for the full length of the upper strut. This will give a better surface for the lower new 7/16" stainless steel lower tube strut to ride in for the whole length of travel. The stock upper strut had only a short brass slieve for the lower SS strut to ride in. I am waiting for my springs to arrive and will report on the results when i get them. Tony's results are very encouraging even with the weaker of the 3/8" die springs. I will be trying all 3 spring strengths that Tony has shown. My stock gear also only holds up 13 lbs like Tony has reported. I agree with Tony that using the 3/8" die springs is the way to go as this allows the use a selection of 3 much stronger die springs that are stock Century Die springs that cost $5 each.

Last edited by rjpmodel; 01-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:28 PM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by rjpmodel
I have also been modifying my T1 stock gear to accept the Century Spring 3/8" die springs that Tony has shown. I have bored out the upper strut to accept a stock K&S brass tube for the full length of the upper strut. This will give a better surface for the lower new 7/16" stainless steel lower tube strut to ride in for the whole length of travel. The stock upper strut had only a short brass slieve for the lower SS strut to ride in. I am waiting for my springs to arrive and will report on the results when i get them. Tony's results are very encouraging even with the weaker of the 3/8" die springs. I will be trying all 3 spring strengths that Tony has shown. My stock gear also only holds up 13 lbs like Tony has reported. I agree with Tony that using the 3/8" die springs is the way to go as this allows the use a selection of 3 much stronger die springs that are stock Century Die springs that cost $5 each.

And I was thinking I was crazy

I will test mine out this friday at the field.

Then I will modify mine with the new braised ends and the brass sleev.

TB
Old 01-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

So those using a failsafe for the gear, which one are you using?
Old 01-26-2017, 10:06 AM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
So those using a failsafe for the gear, which one are you using?

This one

Jet central

TB
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Views:	1011
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2198273  

Last edited by TonyBuilder; 01-26-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Desertlakesflying

Thanks Tony
Old 01-26-2017, 10:16 AM
TonyBuilder

Works like a charm!

TB
Old 01-27-2017, 05:53 AM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Hi, has anyone bought the Hobby King wing bags yet, if so, do the wings fit inside OK.
thanks Rcpete
Old 01-27-2017, 06:52 AM
kelly vallee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just came back form vacation and going to pick up my wing bags today. I will try them this weekend and let everyone know how they fit. Kelly
Old 01-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Desertlakesflying

Originally Posted by rcpete347
Hi, has anyone bought the Hobby King wing bags yet, if so, do the wings fit inside OK.
thanks Rcpete
According to the measurements I got from Dirk they should fit just fine in the HobbyKing Wing Tote Bag 90 x 61 x 7cm.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykin...-61-x-7cm.html
[h=3][/h]
Old 01-27-2017, 02:26 PM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have received the 42,58,65 lb springs from Century springs and have tried all 3 in my modified gear. My modifications included boring out the outer strut to accept a standard K&S brass tube with 7/16" ID. I bored the strut out about 3/8" deeper than original depth to allow for the new slightly longer springs and to allow spacer plugs to be inserted to achieve the desired pre load on the springs.The brass tube lines the total length of the hole in the outer strut. I machined a complete new inner strut using 7/16" diameter solid stainless steel rod. The rod was bored out to 3/8" to accept the new 3/8" springs and the bottom end was machined like the stock inner strut I reduced the bottom end diameter to match the diameter of the stock strut to allow the use of the stock pin and E clips. The action of the strut is perfectly smooth with absolutely no friction felt during the travel like the stock strut. I have tested each of the new springs and have decided to go with the strongest spring as I'm getting a little over 20lbs of holding force without any preload. The stock gear has about 13lb holding force as others have also reported. I will be experimenting with various preloads to get the desired spring strength to make sure the the struts do not deflect at all with full fuel when I get my plane completed. The included pictures are of the modified gear. I hope the pictures come out correctly. I think one of the pictures is duplicated several times and not sure how to get rid of them

Name:	IMG_9966.JPG
Views:	989
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	2198521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9965.JPG
Views:	1040
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2198522  
Old 01-27-2017, 02:44 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

HI all, I have no problem with my T-1 gear in my Thunderbird scheme, they work Fine.
The reason they work fine is, I dissembled them right at the start, I deburred the inner sliders so their was no drag. The gear does not bind and always returns extended.
Rcpete

Name:	IMG_3753.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	2198524   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3754.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	415.8 KB
ID:	2198525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3755.JPG
Views:	837
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	2198526   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3756.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	281.5 KB
ID:	2198527   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3757.JPG
Views:	836
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	2198528   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3759.JPG
Views:	858
Size:	752.7 KB
ID:	2198529  
Old 01-27-2017, 04:37 PM
TonyBuilder

Today I tested my modified gear with full tank of fuel. One side would rebound quickly and the other would not with a full tank (33lb). Not sure why one is stronger then the others but I will check it out. The strongest side is perfect as it will still absorb shock but still rebound. That is with the gold spring 42lb. I will try the 58lb next.

TB

Name:	IMG_4194.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	752.4 KB
ID:	2198542  
Old 01-27-2017, 04:48 PM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by rcpete347
HI all, I have no problem with my T-1 gear in my Thunderbird scheme, they work Fine.
The reason they work fine is, I dissembled them right at the start, I deburred the inner sliders so their was no drag. The gear does not bind and always returns extended.
Rcpete
Clearly there are different springs (quality) going around as some have no sage and plenty of rebound to hold up the fully fueled 28-30lb T-ones. I know of at least 20 T-one pilots that have soft gear that won't support there jets, guess your another lucky one.

TB
Old 01-27-2017, 09:07 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

For you fellas that have received their T-1's - do you get a notice that it's coming or does it just show up?

Also- I placed my order on Aug 31 - wondering if we could get an update, perhaps posted here, telling us the order dates for the most recent shipments... for example, "we just shipped or or now shipping planes for orders from June 15" or similar.

Updates like this would be welcome.

Last edited by DMichael; 01-27-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:26 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DMichael
For you fellas that have received their T-1's - do you get a notice that it's coming or does it just show up?

Also- I placed my order on Aug 31 - wondering if we could get an update, perhaps posted here, telling us the order dates for the most recent shipments... for example, "we just shipped or or now shipping planes for orders from June 15" or similar.

Updates like this would be welcome.

I ordered mine Aug 18th, stated in the order purple scheme, NO LOGOS, on Jan 14th, about a week before the factory left for Chinese New Years, I was informed letting me know it was done, and getting ready to ship. Then the next day Dirk called me, after getting the pictures it revealed that the factory screwed up, and painted the big T-ONE Models logos on it, and left the Kingtech logos off. So, yet another delay for mine, as I rejected that plane, they are supposed to be painting me another one as soon as they return from holiday,,,,we will see. 2 things I know, some lucky person out there is recieving a purple T1 sooner than they should,,and my wait time will be over 6 months from my order by the time the plane is actually in my hands.

Last edited by raron455; 01-27-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:43 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't mean to be nosy, but why not just call Dirk? That's probably the best thing to do and the fastest way to get answers. He pretty much always answers 7 days a week..
Old 01-28-2017, 05:59 AM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
I don't mean to be nosy, but why not just call Dirk? That's probably the best thing to do and the fastest way to get answers. He pretty much always answers 7 days a week..
Yes you are nosy JK

one should not have to be calling the man, they should get routine updates and only bother the man when there is an issue!

TB
Old 01-28-2017, 06:55 AM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Dirk will do what most wont, he will take your call, and answer your questions as best as he can, gotta remember Dirk is not building the planes, all he can do is try to get current info from the factory and relay that info.calling weekly for updates will not get your plane any quicker. Through this order I have gotten to know Dirk, and he really is a good guy. Dirk repairing Turbines, and taking orders, and calls, and checking on orders, and getting an earful,and emails, and shady posts on forums from customers who are tired of waiting, and wont wait,,thats a pretty busy job,,,
And he does it well, However you should know He does have a full time day job as well,,,,,you guys do know he does this because he enjoys the hobby, and the people right?

To answer the question,,I know 5 different people with T-Ones. And all of them said they were notified the plane was shipping when it was done.

Last edited by raron455; 01-28-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:57 AM
TonyBuilder

Originally Posted by raron455
dirk will do what most wont, he will take your call, and answer your questions as best as he can, gotta remember dirk is not building the planes, all he can do is try to get current info from the factory and relay that info.calling weekly for updates will not get your plane any quicker. Through this order i have gotten to know dirk, and he really is a good guy. Dirk repairing turbines, and taking orders, and calls, and checking on orders, and getting an earful,and emails, and shady posts on forums from customers who are tired of waiting, and wont wait,,thats a pretty busy job,,,
and he does it well, however you should know he does have a full time day job as well,,,,,you guys do know he does this because he enjoys the hobby, and the people right?

To answer the question,,i know 5 different people with t-ones. And all of them said they were notified the plane was shipping when it was done.

^^^^
+1

tb
Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
AV8ATOR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 and you will know exactly what is happening with your order! Not what someone else thinks.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:20 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

I too think Dirk is one of the best Vendors in the hobby and a great person. Yes he is doing everything he can. What gets me is why any these manufactures come out we a product and tease the crap out the customers. In most business it is to make more with price increases until the feeding freezy is over. Funny thing with these manufactures they do a great job of getting buyers to stand in line but by the time they actually get around to filling orders either an announce is made by a competitor or the customer is tired of waiting or bought something else instead.

T-one is really confusing if what has been said is true. This company had to move and instead of focusing on filling who know how many orders from all over the world. I am sure enough to keep the plant running 24/7 for at least a year they decided to offer up another product the eurofighter. Oh but wait that wasn't enough now the want to show us a larger sport jet before we even get a T-one. WHY? most would wait until the demand slows down before moving to anything else much less tell the world about it.

Oh well maybe someday somebody will build a good product here in the US and be half way affordable compared to the china jets. I don't think there is any smart business person in the country would use this method of producing and selling a high demand item here.

Ok that was my rant for day

See what happens when you did to fly.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 PM
TonyBuilder

The last T-one I saw was no way as nice as mine, I hope they are not cutting corners. I just took my new set of gear apart and found the wimpiest springs in it, they look like something you would find in a ball point pen, not the springs that are ment for that gear. If any of you have weak sagging gear, look at your springs, and then get a set from Lior Zahavi, he is haveing the proper sprigs made for this gear.

TB
Old 01-29-2017, 09:38 AM
DMichael

This is extremely disappointing to hear. Word was that the delays were, in part, a result of not compromising on quality. Your observation leads me to wonder about that now. I see what seem to be reasonable delays on shipments based on what we have been told (factory moving, higher than anticipated demand, etc.). I also see energy at the factory being diverted to new projects while the T-1 backorders are still unfulfilled - Pure speculation on my part but I hope that doesn't mean the truly skilled builders have been pulled off of the T-1 and put onto the new products leaving the "trainees" or "new guys" to work on our T-1's.

Last edited by DMichael; 01-30-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.