Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Frysky Horus

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Frysky Horus

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 11:52 AM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frysky Horus

Anyone flying this in jets ? Amazing features for $500. Not promoting it, just curious,
Old 12-13-2016, 05:07 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daleroger
Anyone flying this in jets ? Amazing features for $500. Not promoting it, just curious,
=================================
Discussion in two places listed below
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-fuel-turbine

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/channels.php?id=37
Old 12-14-2016, 07:30 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Sid

how is your testing going? currently using a X9e as i re-introduce myself to flying again.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:48 AM
sidgates

Default Taranis Experience

Originally Posted by patf
Sid

how is your testing going? currently using a X9e as i re-introduce myself to flying again.
===============================
Pat,
I haven't progressed much. I have the Taranis X9D with X8R receiver in my Top Gun F-15 but the weather has been too cold to fly for me.

I am putting dual X8R receivers in a Aeroworks large profile model for testing. It should probably be ready when it warms up in Denver. I will probably use the Redundancy Box in this installation.

I have flown the X9D with X8R receivers in several planes over the past 3 years with no problems except for mechanical problems in the transmitter. Programming buttons came loose and throttle trim lever came loose. Both were easily fixed. I replaced the plastic stick centering arms with metal (hand made) ones, I prefer a solid click feel at neutral stick.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:44 PM
patf

Sounds like you need a little trip down south with a little Waco mixed in!

curious about the centering arms, 'upgraded' to HD springs but i recognize there is only so much one can do the the feel of the transmitter.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:04 PM
sidgates

Originally Posted by patf
Sounds like you need a little trip down south with a little Waco mixed in!

curious about the centering arms, 'upgraded' to HD springs but i recognize there is only so much one can do the the feel of the transmitter.
=========================================
I have thought about the trip south but my airplane car is "99 Van with 126,000+ miles and not sure I trust it.

Aloft heard about the arms we made and I sent them the drawings and they listed CNC made arms for awhile but I didn't see them on their site the last time I looked. The metal arms against the metal pins give a positive "click" feel more like the metal gimbals we used to make.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by sidgates
===============================
Pat,
I haven't progressed much. I have the Taranis X9D with X8R receiver in my Top Gun F-15 but the weather has been too cold to fly for me.

I am putting dual X8R receivers in a Aeroworks large profile model for testing. It should probably be ready when it warms up in Denver. I will probably use the Redundancy Box in this installation.
Be careful, there is NO failsafe in the redundancy box only primary receiver has it. Which is major oversight, also there is only one receiver broadcasting telemetry. If they copied something why not do it right, we told them soooo many times.

Zb
Old 12-15-2016, 06:47 AM
patf

Sid

I hear you.. mine is a 99 expy with 330k and ticking.. I'll look around for them. please keep us updated on your progress
Old 12-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

[QUOTE=Jeti USA;12286644]Be careful, there is NO failsafe in the redundancy box only primary receiver has it. Which is major oversight, also there is only one receiver broadcasting telemetry. If they copied something why not do it right, we told them soooo many times.

Zb[/QUOTE
Please explain in laymen terms how that could compromise a safe connection.
?
Thanks,
Dale