Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T1 Models Euro Fighter build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T1 Models Euro Fighter build

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
mmflytie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd,
We have a geotex runway as well and I can tell you that if the ground underneath is not hard packed solid, it make a huge difference in the way the plane rotates as well as landing.
We put 350 ft in and then a year later added another 200 ft. The ground below the newer section had no clay and to this day is still softer. I have a much harder time rotating starting from that end than the older end. On landings Its almost impossible to land in the newer section, the drag has put undue stress on my landing gears so I can only fly if I have headwinds that allow touching down in the old section , then rollout. Bet you'd have no problem on pavement.
Beautiful jet!
Marc
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Signofinfinity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?

I was under quite some pressure at work, and my flying on RC had to go on the back burner...

Things are finally easing out a bit.... So can't wait to dig into my Euro build.

Any new vids of the Euros?

George
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Hot Rod Todd

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I was having thrust issues. Actual thrust with a scale measured only 25 lbs on an 82 degree day. (Cheetah SE rated at 36 lbs). I had some issues with my turbine control module. Got that fixed. Also decided to switch to a single pipe to maximize what I have.. Now I'm showing about 32 lbs on a hot day, so I think it's about what it should be. Never got to fly it though, one of the brake seals started leaking. There have been some issues with the brakes from the start. Dirk is working on getting me some new brake parts from the factory, haven't seen them yet though. Looking forward to getting it flying next spring with better thrust (and hopefully working brakes).

Notice the hatch likes to open on landing. I added some stronger magnets that should have solved the issue.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:06 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Here is some flight video of Dirks twin K70 euro. Looks to fly great! Barry is on the sticks. This is only the second flight also on this plane. Looks to fly great. It didn't need any weight in the nose.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:13 AM
Signofinfinity

Thank you.

Two small observations...
1. Approach speed was quite fast with a relative shallow angle. Normal? Or is it due to residual thrust?
2. What caused the gear collapse? Any know issues with the gear?

Excellent flight. Finally settling in to start my build this winter....
Old 01-29-2019, 06:48 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by Signofinfinity
Thank you.

Two small observations...
1. Approach speed was quite fast with a relative shallow angle. Normal? Or is it due to residual thrust?
2. What caused the gear collapse? Any know issues with the gear?

Excellent flight. Finally settling in to start my build this winter....

It was only his second flight with it so far so sure he just came in a little fast. No clue what was going on with the gear. Was posting to show how it flies with twins...

my gear is working fine.
Old 01-29-2019, 06:50 AM
Signofinfinity

Second flight and he sure put up a show!

Thanks again for sharing. Convey the compliments!

George
Old 06-25-2020, 08:17 AM
CFITG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any New Updates?

Hello Everyone!
The thread has been quiet for a bit. Has anyone have an update they would like to share or any new planes being built? I’m interested in this aircraft as a new project for me and my son.
Thank you
Old 06-25-2020, 09:34 AM
gunradd

We are still flying the prototype pacific demo model. It’s doing great! Very fun plane to fly.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:38 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

I bought Hot Rods Eurofighter so I'm looking forward to flying it, It's still on my mind about purchasing the same turbine he had installed but I bought a ACEx 170 turbine and while its probably suited better to 5500ft Elev, the diameter of the can is 10mm larger than the Cheetah 160 but it's less then 1" away from the can touching the wheel wells. Ralph at GCJ has been very understanding and is working with me no issues there.

I am thinking about using BVM's Heat shield paint on top part of the wheel well due to how close it is to the bottom of the turbine but I'm always trying to keep things simple and just purchase a Cheetah and keep it the way Hot Rod had it configured. Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd to know of anyone else had the same issue as me and how did you resolve it? FYI Hot Rod did a great job on the Eurofighter and scaled it up nicely so I want to keep it that way lol

Last edited by F900; 06-25-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:40 AM
mmflytie

Hey guys,
Hope all is well. Good news on Bavarian Tiger....Fellow flyer in my club is professional body and paint for full scale planes and agreed to take on the broken tiger. She looks like a new plane , in prime ready for paint; and this time its gonna be correct metallic bronze with a clearcoat! can wait to see it finished. Bad news is , Ive had shoulder surgery and I'm out for the summer(too hot to fly in Fl anyway). But come fall hopefully the Phoenix rises from the ashes!! Who knows maybe even make Super Jets South

Take care and happy flying

Marc
Old 07-03-2020, 03:05 PM
F900

ex Rod's Eurofighter will fly soon

Click image for larger version

Name:	vNQo3KB.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	717.9 KB
ID:	2267755

Name:	buhrDba.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	777.7 KB
ID:	2267756

Name:	eZrJS1n.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	2267757

Name:	6y0x5Ha.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	905.8 KB
ID:	2267758

Name:	8RlzGuA.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	886.6 KB
ID:	2267759

Name:	5kcR6Ig.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	602.9 KB
ID:	2267760
Old 09-18-2020, 12:48 PM
ColinSt

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Those of you that get RC Jet International magazine will remember that I was assembling a Eurofighter Typhoon for review, and I am pleased to advise that the model has now flown very successfully, and the full report is in the latest issue of the magazine. Following an abortive first flight attempt - I won't go into details here but it was entirely the fault of the pilot, not the model - I had three flights with the model, both with and without the drop tanks. A video made up of parts from all three flights is at
and full details are in the report in the latest issue of RCJI.

Suffice to say that it flies superbly, and looks great in the air!

Colin Straus
RCJI and Ripmax

Old 09-18-2020, 03:55 PM
F900

Well our US T1 rep (Dirk from https://pacificrcjets.com/) sailed into the sunset for me, may people including here have told me not to buy anything from him.

My T1 Euroflighter is probably grounded due to the lack of support and communication from Dirk and probably T1.

If anyone has a contact directly to T1 I would appreciate it, I need to order landing gear parts and I've been just getting the run around for last past month.

Previous owner had some heavy landings due to the short field, nothing was noticed until after my 1st that went fine, we noticed the right gear was twisting in, as you can see in the picture here is the reason why. I want to replace both sides and I can't get parts. I have NO issue waiting, but when you receive no updates and your chasing reps that provide you with mixed information its hard to know what to believe. To be fair I did tell Dirk I would go else where not because I did not want to wait, I felt like I was chasing him, If I did not text him he would disappear, I would never hear from him, He tells me to "work with him" I did and I have been and extremely patient. All I asked for was him to provide me with updates. I never got any unless I texted him 2 or 3 times.

Last edited by F900; 09-18-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:25 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by ColinSt
Those of you that get RC Jet International magazine will remember that I was assembling a Eurofighter Typhoon for review, and I am pleased to advise that the model has now flown very successfully, and the full report is in the latest issue of the magazine. Following an abortive first flight attempt - I won't go into details here but it was entirely the fault of the pilot, not the model - I had three flights with the model, both with and without the drop tanks. A video made up of parts from all three flights is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zsrKc4dYtw and full details are in the report in the latest issue of RCJI.

Suffice to say that it flies superbly, and looks great in the air!

Colin Straus
RCJI and Ripmax

Colin great pics and pretty plane! well done.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:34 AM
gunradd

F900 you my friend will need to learn patience if you want to be in the jet world. T-1 does not make the landing gear for this plane. They had to have the vendor they use make the parts for you. They are not going to stop production on what they are working on switch out the programs on the CNC machines just to make you one part the second you need it. You are beyond unreasonable to think they will. They also are not going to rip apart a landing gear that's complete and ready to go and risk loosing a sale to send you one part. You also need to understand the shipping in China is a nightmare right now. So shipping the parts from the vendor to T1 takes time also.

This is pretty much the standard for any of the companies. If you get a sky master plane you will need to send the entire landing gear to Taiwan for repairs and you will be out for about 6 months.. So try that out some time.

BTW T1 did have your part ready the day after you called Dirk and gave him a hard time and threatened him that you where going to go onto RCU and complain. Well to bad you ruined that relationship. I wish you luck getting your parts now. Its a great aircraft and flies fantastic.
Old 09-25-2020, 03:37 AM
gunradd

I have the PacificRCjets demo plane in the shop now getting some maintenance done to her. She has been flying fantastic with a lot of flights on her. I have the new smoothflight 16 receiver I will be installing in her. Very much looking forward to flying it with the smooth flight. Its been the best gyro I have ever used by a long shot. Should do well in the Euro!
Old 09-25-2020, 08:31 AM
F900

Originally Posted by gunradd
F900 you my friend will need to learn patience if you want to be in the jet world. T-1 does not make the landing gear for this plane. They had to have the vendor they use make the parts for you. They are not going to stop production on what they are working on switch out the programs on the CNC machines just to make you one part the second you need it. You are beyond unreasonable to think they will. They also are not going to rip apart a landing gear that's complete and ready to go and risk loosing a sale to send you one part. You also need to understand the shipping in China is a nightmare right now. So shipping the parts from the vendor to T1 takes time also.

This is pretty much the standard for any of the companies. If you get a sky master plane you will need to send the entire landing gear to Taiwan for repairs and you will be out for about 6 months.. So try that out some time.

BTW T1 did have your part ready the day after you called Dirk and gave him a hard time and threatened him that you where going to go onto RCU and complain. Well to bad you ruined that relationship. I wish you luck getting your parts now. Its a great aircraft and flies fantastic.
Incorrect... I had no issue with waiting, my issue was that like many other people's experience is unless you follow up with him you will never hear from Dirk, he does NOT provide basic updates or any kind of follow up communication, that was my issue, as for "threatening" *** you getting your information from?? Dirk lol? all I told him was if he does not help me I would get on FB and RCU for assistance, so your totally incorrect and making FALSE accusations you do not know first hand of what and what not I would not do. All Dirk had to do was keep me updated at least once a week via text, he never did any of that of which I had asked him to do. How hard is that? An quick text would of been sufficient, am I asking for a lot by making that request ONCE a WEEK? but no, I consistently had to follow up with him since I never heard back, THAT's my issue. Again I don't know what he told you but I am more than happy to share and post ALL the texts to prove my point. FACT is Dirk can't be arsed to communicate basic updates, may other people on here and at the various R/C fields have told me the same thing about him.

Here's a PM I got last week about Dirk...

"This is not an isolated incident. I contacted them about parts for my Hawk and all I got from Dirk was, "I will get back to you." 1 email a week for 4 weeks and never heard a thing. So I ended up buying a completely new set of gear from Electron knowing that I can always get parts. I know of a few people who had issues with him. I wanted the F-22 and the YAK 130 but with how my order of my Hawk went and lack of support after the fact I will never buy anything from them again"

People warned me and told me about Dirk, when it comes to service and support he his no where to be found, I'm sure he's there with his hand out when it comes to ordering jets from him.

Let me make this very clear, and I told this to Dirk, I had no issue waiting if it was 6weeks or 6months, I get it, ALL I asked for was updates, even if there was nothing to update just reach out and let me know your still waiting, I GOT nothing, just like the guy above, no Communication, THAT is my problem so as the weeks went on it was me 99% asking him what's the latest. The only time I ever heard from him and it was right after I posted in the T-One Hawk thread, he told me to "work with him" I told No Problem, but let me know what's going on even if its you have no updates. I never got that and that's what got me pissed off with Dirk, just chasing him for what he's known for.

As for the part, I will have it next week, it's nice to know other R/C jet manufactures care about there customers so much so they will make the landing gear part without any problem and that's what I did. So I have my part that from a company that cares that Dirk could not be bothered to get.

And as for him getting the parts, very immature shows his true colors assuming it was the day after, because the day before he had no clue as when the part would be made, further more it would of been Saturday in China if it was the "day after" from one of the very 1st text's I send him, one of my 1st questions was to him was how long it would of taken to get the part?, Dirk's reply was "its Saturday in China" meaning he can't get an answer, so sounds like BS to me or your making it up. They would not been in the factory to send Dirk an email. Who knows that the truth is at this point, which questions how reliable is T-one for support when it comes to spare parts. Most companies I know of keep a surplus of parts available so the lead time is not weeks or months.

Further more I know all about China, I deal with many Chinese Banks all tied to the Chinese Gov, I have more visibility than most and I speak with them on a weekly bases, so I am fully aware of the challenges in China right now. That is not the issue here.
Dirk and the way he decides to communicate is the issue.... And as for the shipped challenges you talk about? lol .. nonsense lol, we are talking about a very small part here, smaller than 1/2 of the size of the palm of your hand, Dirk said the part would cost $40-60 to ship, I said fine make it happen. So what shipping challenges are your speaking off when it comes to shipping very small parts? Tell's me you don't have a clue. I had my part new shipped the same day it was made.

Remember even though I was warned by other people, who I trust or just as a passing in conversation tell me that Dirk is unreliable speak volumes, remember I never did business with him before, I went into this completely neutral assuming I would get help. All I got was the runaround, no communication and chasing Dirk for answers, which is what I was told would happen. Probably just down the road from T-one, I get the part made and shipped within a week of my request, probably in the same factory T-One uses, with no help from Dirk or T-One..... what does that tell you? Can't get support on a very small part, what does that say and for larger parts? Tell's me T-One have challenges in there supply chain department. Why would I or anyone want to spend $1000s of $ on a jet when all you get is the runaround and poor communication when it comes to support?

Dirk and his company pacificrcjets along with T-One will never see a penny of my money again. Poor support, no communication and your money is better of been spent elsewhere.... that has been my experience even though people had warned me about him before I bought a T-One jet and anyone that asks me that's what I will tell them all over a $170 part due to all of the above reasons and then and would rather walk away then resolve this issue.

It's unfortunate it has come to this, but it is what it is at this point for what is a good flying jet, but it's not just about the jet its about getting the right support when needed and that's what is clearly lacking here along with other things, and just to finish this saga up, I've been on RCU since 2001, before then RCOnline, 8 years before you, so I don't were your getting I'm "new" to this, I bought this Eurofighter from someone in this very thread, it seemed like a good well built jet, I bought it, flew it and here we are, you lost a new customer and probably many others due to Dirk, but lets be honest its not the 1st time he's heard this and it won't be the last.

Last edited by F900; 09-25-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:09 PM
mmflytie

Hello again,
Im not sure anyone is still following this thread, but I wanted to say that after 3 years , I am back with my Bavarian Tiger and she is better than ever. It sat in my shop for 2 years untouched, until a club member , who happens to be a professional painter and body guy( no, he's an ARTIST!), was looking for a project. So I gave him my Eurofighter and after one year here is the result.....

I could use some help with CG...I'm going off memory but it seems like it was about 330mm from leading edge at the fuse.( about where the large wing tube is)

Thanks
Marc

The following users liked this post:
Auburn02 (05-01-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 12:01 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mark,

Your EuroFighter looks great!
Old 04-29-2021, 02:20 PM
mmflytie

David,
Thanks . Good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Yeah, this has been a long time coming. I told Glenn that if I can get a few flights on it and get it dialed in before JOK, I may try and drive up. You going this year? Whats your latest project?

Take care
Marc
Old 04-30-2021, 06:09 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marc,
I am planning to attend JOK this year. As far as my latest projects, I have completed work on a CARF Corsair, FB J-10, Top RC Voyager and T-One F-22. Still building on a Balsa USA 1/3 scale Stearman which I hope to completed by 2022. Anyway, hope you make it to JOK this year.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:46 PM
mmflytie

David,
Wow! you have been busy. Good for you. That T one F22 is an awesome jet. I have seen Kris Gunter when he flew his and it flies fantastic.

Take care ,
Marc
Old 05-02-2021, 02:49 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the Eurofighter that Hot Rod Todd built. I believe I'm the 3 or 4th owner. I'm presently installing a Swiwin 190 from CRX for power. I'm thinking of using a smooth flight ARXL if I can get it to fit. Does anyone have experience on this gyro for set up? Do I set everything up in my Jeti radio first and then transfer it over? Most elevon setups are two servo but this one has 4 so looking for any guidance with my setup. I see some of you have the outboard servos act as ailerons and all four servos as elevator. I like this idea but I know some just use elevons only and turn down the aileron rates. Any rate this is my first smooth flight gyro and appreciate any help you guys can give that are familiar with this gyro. Also any help with control throws who are flying this jet would help to.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:39 PM
mmflytie

I may be mistaken but I think Kris Gunter( who actually started this tread 4 years ago ) may have some experience with the smooth flight ARXL. I do not.

Marc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.