Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 04:28 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by azuz

Thanks for your thread it’s helped 👍🏻
youre very welcome!
Old 05-02-2018, 12:27 AM
azuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo arm

How did u guys manage the servo arm screw installation in the stabs. I am stumped. Can seem to figure it out. After market metal control horns futaba type seem to fit. But don’t want to install without the screws on top of the arm
Old 05-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

How did u guys manage the servo arm screw installation in the stabs. I am stumped. Can seem to figure it out. After market metal control horns futaba type seem to fit. But don’t want to install without the screws on top of the arm
I installed the servo with the arm attach to the servo.....needed to make the servo holes a little bigger. I also used a piece of tread to raise the arm slowly to the surface....one side clear fine the other not so much so I had to make it a little bigger to clear the arm....
Old 05-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I did the same, installed them with the arms attached, then used a piece of thin wire to hook and raise them into place. I also make the servo arm holes a little bigger. -Tom
Old 05-02-2018, 12:13 PM
azuz

Thanks for your replies much appreciated, I also increased the size of the servo arm hole and then installed without the screw, later drilled a 2mm hole slightly above the servo arm slot and used an Allen key to tight the nut as I have installed a futaba plastic arm and later will upgrade to a metal arm, so this way i wont have to remove the servo all together,

I am going for PB cockpit with on a 7.4v setup to get max torque from the blue bird a920 servos going to use a 2 to 1 servo harness from powerbox for the flap and aileron servos.

I am also planning to power the retracts thru the powerbox to reduce 1 battery. - any suggestions on this method anybody done this ?

Regards
Aziz
Old 05-02-2018, 12:18 PM
azuz

Originally Posted by jesse2357
I put blind nuts on my gear, I also printed a plastic spacer to space the gear even with the bottom of the wing. As for the Clevis I add a jam nut to tighten that up.
blind nuts will damage / destroy the mount / formar / LG. Incase of hard landings........go for normal wood screws provided in the hardware which will rip out of the wood saving the LG, IMO as experienced a very hard landing recently with the EUROSPORT
Old 05-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Dansy

Thanks for your replies much appreciated, I also increased the size of the servo arm hole and then installed without the screw, later drilled a 2mm hole slightly above the servo arm slot and used an Allen key to tight the nut as I have installed a futaba plastic arm and later will upgrade to a metal arm, so this way i wont have to remove the servo all together,

I am going for PB cockpit with on a 7.4v setup to get max torque from the blue bird a920 servos going to use a 2 to 1 servo harness from powerbox for the flap and aileron servos.

I am also planning to power the retracts thru the powerbox to reduce 1 battery. - any suggestions on this method anybody done this ?

Regards
Aziz
My setup is slightly different on Jeti with a REX 12 Assist and 1 additional R3 I power the retract via my number 2 RX Battery on all my jets, retract doesn't take that much juice, and I can monitor that on my TX
Old 05-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Tip22v

Regards
Aziz
Not 100% sure what you mean by powering the landing gear through the powerbox? I'm using a PB Mercury SRS configured for 7.4v output. I have two batteries supplying power to the Mercury SRS, on one of the batteries I have soldered a "Y" connector such that one connector goes to the PB input and the other goes to the input on the retract controller (I'm currently using the Xicoy controller with integrated gyro, but for the first few flights I used the controller that came stock). I.e. I'm powering my retract controller with a 2S Lipo that peaks at 8.4v, not 7.4v regulated output from the Mercury SRS. Is this what you are also doing?
Old 05-03-2018, 03:06 PM
markusvt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regards
Aziz
Old 05-06-2018, 02:54 AM
azuz

Hi All

What i did is soldered a servo cable to the power lead of the JP unit and plugged this to one of the DS ( door Sequencer) slot on the PB cockpit and it works just fine. the engine was installed thurst tube mounted and aligned tank with bvm uat, installed I did a test run of the engine all looks good, no leaks, time for all the cosmetics now and CG.

Thanks Mark for the link will order it for my fpv use.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:43 AM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I ordered another Mini T1

I never really liked the color of my origial Mini T1 so I sold it... my thinking was maybe try something else about the same size... I looked at Joker ,nice but felt somewhat cheap? Not sure that is fair ...but it did not look in person as high quality as the Mini T1.

I also looked at Bandit Evo BVM but I emailed Patty 4 times for quotes and got no response....

So I text Dirk 30 seconds later he text back... and after me driving Dirk crazy to make sure I get the color I wanted it was done.

Bottom line GREAT service and a very high quality kit swayed me back to another Mini T1. Please keep this in mind if your on the fence for a small Jet.

call Dirk and he will take care of you.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:53 AM
Dansy

I agree, I got my custom Mini T-1 from Dirk and my T-1 and it was a charm with quick reply dealing with him.....I’m convinced that we all drive him crazy, yap no rush but after a few weeks it seem like have been waiting forever LOL ��

Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice scheme! Still waiting to maiden mine.... Seattle weather has been....welll, typical seattle weather.... :-(
Old 05-07-2018, 09:02 AM
Dansy

Thank mine is not maiden either....I run into some problem when i bench run the new motor, Dirk again is taking care of it....
Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
I never really liked the color of my origial Mini T1 so I sold it... my thinking was maybe try something else about the same size... I looked at Joker ,nice but felt somewhat cheap? Not sure that is fair ...but it did not look in person as high quality as the Mini T1.

I also looked at Bandit Evo BVM but I emailed Patty 4 times for quotes and got no response....

So I text Dirk 30 seconds later he text back... and after me driving Dirk crazy to make sure I get the color I wanted it was done.

Bottom line GREAT service and a very high quality kit swayed me back to another Mini T1. Please keep this in mind if your on the fence for a small Jet.

call Dirk and he will take care of you.
i agree, I’ve got a T-1, T-1 mini, and just ordered another T-1 mini, all from Dirk, his service is world class.

What color did you sell, what color did you order?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:20 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v

i agree, I’ve got a T-1, T-1 mini, and just ordered another T-1 mini, all from Dirk, his service is world class.

What color did you sell, what color did you order?
My first was the Green Silver, In the Pics it look bright green but the one I received was army green..
My new one is this color. notice no silver.... should be super bright.
Old 05-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Tip22v

My first was the Green Silver, In the Pics it look bright green but the one I received was army green..
That should show up nicely!
Old 05-12-2018, 01:48 AM
azuz

nice !!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:38 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Talk about Visible!
very cool.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:30 AM
Tip22v

I’m very close to finishing my new nose cone.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:45 AM
grolleman

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nicely repaired
Old 05-14-2018, 06:40 PM
markusvt

Default Batteries by the tank

Seems to get 200mm with the K-85 I need all 3 batteries by the tank. How are guys holding them in there?
Old 05-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Tip22v

I mounted all three above the fuel tank, flew it twice that way, then moved both receiver batteries over the nose gear and it flies much more to my liking now.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:56 PM
markusvt

I mounted the smoke tank there, (hope it can handle the weight). I did not mount up the rest of the smoke stuff until I fly it. I did fire it up today and the little K85 seems to have very good power. I fly off grass so am most concerned with it being able to take off and land short and light on the wheels. You kept stock throws and such on yours?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Tip22v

I went with the throws posted by Loir in this thread. As mentioned in this thread the ailerons are very effective, you don’t need much. I’m also running a K85, lots of power. I decided against smoke in this one.

Last edited by Tip22v; 05-14-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.