Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2020, 06:46 PM
dwhorn
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Took me two days to clean up the mess, Connectors for flaps and Ailerons were soaked with Kerosene
and I tossed them. Made up new connectors purchased from Hansen Hobbies. Servo leads were
cleaned with Windex and isopoll alcohol. Servos leads cleaned up good.. No residue left on leads
For the fiberglass I first wiped it with alcohol and then liberal coat of K2r. Next step took a tootth
brush to the affected areas and let dry overnight. Next day I vacuum the white residue and followed
up with heavy application of isopoll alcohol. The wood is tainted with Kerosene and will not come out.
Turbine had Kerosene all over it,

Crack started on bottom front side of tank and was aprx I inch long. Cleaned
outside of tank with lacquer thinner, Sanded with 60 grit. and covered the seam with 2 layers
of 4 oz cloth. Epoxy was West System.

Saturday hopefully get my second flight in, Jets Munt 80, Jeti 14 transmitter, Smart fly regulator and
12 channel receiver with gyro.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:11 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dwhorn
Took me two days to clean up the mess, Connectors for flaps and Ailerons were soaked with Kerosene
and I tossed them. Made up new connectors purchased from Hansen Hobbies. Servo leads were
cleaned with Windex and isopoll alcohol. Servos leads cleaned up good.. No residue left on leads
For the fiberglass I first wiped it with alcohol and then liberal coat of K2r. Next step took a tootth
brush to the affected areas and let dry overnight. Next day I vacuum the white residue and followed
up with heavy application of isopoll alcohol. The wood is tainted with Kerosene and will not come out.
Turbine had Kerosene all over it,

Crack started on bottom front side of tank and was aprx I inch long. Cleaned
outside of tank with lacquer thinner, Sanded with 60 grit. and covered the seam with 2 layers
of 4 oz cloth. Epoxy was West System.

Saturday hopefully get my second flight in, Jets Munt 80, Jeti 14 transmitter, Smart fly regulator and
12 channel receiver with gyro.
You should be able to do multiple applications if the K2R to the wood and it will pull more out each time.. man that sucks just thinking about it...
Old 06-06-2020, 01:43 PM
dwhorn
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Two flights today and no fuel tank issues. First flight plane had tendency to do a slow roll to
the right,. Added one degree of down aileron on right aileron and problem is gone,
Flies hands off full lenght of field. Great flying jet!!
Old 06-07-2020, 07:53 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Randy Smith (06-07-2020)
Old 06-07-2020, 10:22 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Nice flight! Sure looks like a lot of equipment on that little bird, Take-off weight has to be over 9kg, no?
Old 06-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
Nice flight! Sure looks like a lot of equipment on that little bird, Take-off weight has to be over 9kg, no?
Plane weighs 17.8 Lbs as per Randy the owner. 8.09 Kg. I'm assuming with out fuel. Has a K85 in it for push.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bodywerks
LOL.... granted my installation is rather messy so it looks like a lot of gear on board. I'm not one of those immaculate installation guys. UAT full, main tank dry = 17.8 lbs. 8.09 Kg.
K-85 no problem with takeoff or vertical. I am at 3300 ft above sea level.

R
The following 2 users liked this post by Randy Smith:
bodywerks (06-08-2020), Canadian Man (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 08:31 AM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Smith
LOL.... granted my installation is rather messy so it looks like a lot of gear on board. I'm not one of those immaculate installation guys. UAT full, main tank dry = 17.8 lbs. 8.09 Kg.
K-85 no problem with takeoff or vertical. I am at 3300 ft above sea level.

R
I'm just reminiscing back to when I was getting flack for building my Rebel hot to 13lbs dry and also powering it with an 85 and being told I built it too heavy and I was being reckless for over-powering it. Yet it flies great and accelerates vertical. Also surprised that the mini T1 being almost the exact same size could be almost 5lbs heavier.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:40 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wclays
I had a leak in my T-1. I filled the fuselage up with kitty litter. I let it set for 2 weeks. Vaccumed it all out. Used a little simple green for final clean up. It worked better than I thought,
i guess I should test my tank before I instal it? T-1 also.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:53 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u
I think it would make sense to leak test any tank regardless of brand prior to installing in a jet
Old 06-08-2020, 03:54 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u
I test absolutely all the tanks before I install them, every king event the one made by tanks makers....pump a one or 2 psi and fill a sink with water....easy and takes a few minutes.....

And also as most know......slowdown the speed of the pump.....
Old 06-18-2020, 12:22 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Something interesting happened to me yesterday. I was changing out the LGC-15 with a new unit (old unit is broken) and while I was cycling the gear to test the new unit the left main retract motor fell out into the wing (the worm gear came all the way out). So, I pulled the retract to investigate. What happened was one of the little c-rings that hold the retract motor in was missing and the pin holding the motor in place fell out. So, I'm thinking how did that happen? These little c-rings don't just come loose. Fortunately, I have another complete set of retracts for a T1 mini so I grabbed a spare main retract and when I inserted it into the wing I noticed it was a little tight going in. On a hunch I pulled the retract back out and saw one of the c-rings laying there in the wing! So, the wing was grabbing the c-ring when I installed the retract and popped the c-ring off. I have flown this jet at least 25 times since I last installed the retract so I was very lucky this did not happen in flight! Anyway, a little Dremel action fixed the problem. If your retracts where a little snug going in I highly recommend that you check them to make sure the c-ring did not pop off when you inserted the retracts into the wing. If you don't remember I would recommend pulling them out and checking them. -Tom
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (06-19-2020)
Old 06-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Tip22v

There was some discussion earlier in this thread about the effectiveness of the JP Wheel Brakes. Some of us had stated the brakes were very strong, and some folks said the brakes were weak. Well, this past weekend I changed out the wheel brakes on one of my T1 Minis because they had gotten wet and rusted badly. The new brakes don't work worth a hoot. I ended up cleaning up the old brakes and they are very strong, will easily lock up, the new brakes won't even come close to locking up. So, this means that there is some pretty significant variation in either the design or the quality of the manufacturing, which explains why some of us were very pleased with our brakes, and some were not. To see if this was an anomaly, I ordered a brand new set of JP wheels/brakes from Dreamworks (just arrived today), I will try them to see if they are strong (like my original set) or weak like my more recent set. If you are flying off grass or a long paved runway this may not matter to you, but if you fly off of a short paved runway, like I do, you need strong brakes. -Tom
Old 06-29-2020, 02:37 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Tip22v
There was some discussion earlier in this thread about the effectiveness of the JP Wheel Brakes. Some of us had stated the brakes were very strong, and some folks said the brakes were weak. Well, this past weekend I changed out the wheel brakes on one of my T1 Minis because they had gotten wet and rusted badly. The new brakes don't work worth a hoot. I ended up cleaning up the old brakes and they are very strong, will easily lock up, the new brakes won't even come close to locking up. So, this means that there is some pretty significant variation in either the design or the quality of the manufacturing, which explains why some of us were very pleased with our brakes, and some were not. To see if this was an anomaly, I ordered a brand new set of JP wheels/brakes from Dreamworks (just arrived today), I will try them to see if they are strong (like my original set) or weak like my more recent set. If you are flying off grass or a long paved runway this may not matter to you, but if you fly off of a short paved runway, like I do, you need strong brakes. -Tom
Yep, my mini T-1 wouldn’t stop at full brake to safe it’s life.....while my T-1 lock them up solid....I can say my electron in both work much better....I did keep the LG15 with the electron....

Yes I took the magnets out....put them back took them off....try all king of setting with the JP controllers (the integrated one) got a couple of the LG15 and did the same series of test....and I got very closed to the same result.....last winter I bite the bullet and got the electron set......

The other thing is the pave runway I fly from is 25’ wide and 300’ long.......the overhang is a little rough as well....so I need to stop on the runway.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:20 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Dansy
Yep, my mini T-1 wouldn’t stop at full brake to safe it’s life.....while my T-1 lock them up solid....I can say my electron in both work much better....I did keep the LG15 with the electron....

Yes I took the magnets out....put them back took them off....try all king of setting with the JP controllers (the integrated one) got a couple of the LG15 and did the same series of test....and I got very closed to the same result.....last winter I bite the bullet and got the electron set......

The other thing is the pave runway I fly from is 25’ wide and 300’ long.......the overhang is a little rough as well....so I need to stop on the runway.
Your paved runway is exactly the same dimensions as our runway, our over is not too bad though, except it gets really wet and soaks the wheels so I also like to keep them on the runway.
Does electron have a complete package for the T1 mini, or did you piece it together yourself? I’m already running electron on my 2.2m T1, thinking seriously about it for my T1 mini. -Tom
Old 06-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Dansy

They have a package Specifically for them....er30 the mech is smaller then the JP but it works, would be a more elegant Install if i had started with them.....asked Greg at JagRC
Old 06-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Dansy
They have a package Specifically for them....er30 the mech is smaller then the JP but it works, would be a more elegant Install if i had started with them.....asked Greg at JagRC
Thx, I’ve worked with Greg in the past, very nice guy, and great customer service.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:06 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Guess I got lucky with mine. With the LG-15 controller pulsing the plane stops briskly and straight without locking up the wheels. Hope it lasts for a while
Old 06-29-2020, 06:55 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Guess I got lucky with mine. With the LG-15 controller pulsing the plane stops briskly and straight without locking up the wheels. Hope it lasts for a while
Two of the three sets I have work great, the third set does not work well at all.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:42 AM
nightctman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a T-1 mini PNP from Dirk and I need some help,
Cant figure out how to get the front canopy off for the life of me, there is no latch. I can take the turbine hatch of no problems. I have been looking at the build thread and I says to insert the pipe in through the canopy. From what I can tell right now the fuel tanks are mounted in there. Most of the work has been done but I am puzzled at how to do the final assembly. Can you guys offer any help?

Thanks,
Matthew

Old 07-04-2020, 01:48 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If it is like the T-1, it is held on by magnets and locking tabs. Grab the canopy and firmly slide forward until magnets release. Then lift upwards
Old 07-04-2020, 04:10 AM
PowerDrum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly what I was going to say.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:49 AM
Big Sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is it normal for dirk at pacific r/c to not respond to e-mails, I ordered a T-1 mini fortune the first of june with a expected ship date of the end of june, we are now at the end of july and nothing yet. I have tried to e-mail him several times for some sort of update on the status and i never here back from him, getting a little pissed at this point. I own my own business and when a customer request info, I'm on it asap, what's the deal with him
Old 07-21-2020, 08:52 AM
Dansy

Maybe your email are in the junk box........I always either call or text him.....and he answer...pretty fast.

This is not his real job in case you didn’t know....
Old 07-21-2020, 03:53 PM
Aussie1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Three more flights today. Tried out the smoke. W as a bit windy but mostly down the runway. Going to enjoy this plane.

Nice, is that the old Naval airstrip where they used to make, I think F15’s?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.