Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bit Of A Dilema... What Would You Do?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: Which would you do?
Pay the $400
95.74%
Tell him I've reconsidered and invoke the liability waiver speech.
2.13%
Offer a lower 'contribution' amount.
2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Bit Of A Dilema... What Would You Do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:59 PM
jetmaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rest my case .
Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Star-1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paying the $400 is the right thing to do. That is why I always maiden my airplanes because I would never want a mishap to occur and then blame someone else or have someone that was doing a favor feel guilty. I always said if I can't maiden my airplane for whatever the reason is, then I should not own it. Last year I maiden a used TamJets F16 and the main landing gear failed to come down. I knew it was bad, first flight and no main wheels. But the key to that is to stay calm, plan all the "what if" before the flight, and always get the mindset that you have control until the very moment it impacts the ground and crashes. The F16 landed down the center line and made a very smooth touchdown with only minor scrapes to the belly.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 PM
gonzalom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ravill
Well, if we're telling stories.....

My turbine waiver flight cost me my jet, but I never asked for what was promised as reparations. I took my signatures and moved on. I do want to poke a little fun though, but I haven't seen that turbine CD since.

I helped a fantastic pilot maiden his bobcat (he didn't have a waiver) and on the second flight I saw an airplane do something I've never seen one do before, or since, it somersaulted backwards on touch down. And then, as the jet skidded upside down, it struck him in the shins and tripped him. Talk about adding insult to injury. I felt sooooo bad...But my friend has been nothing but understanding and pokes well deserved fun at me every time we meet!
Ravi, I love you man! You got me into the jets and I will always be thankful despite of almost giving me a heart attack during that landing.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Well, if we're telling stories.....

My turbine waiver flight cost me my jet...
How are you gonna start a story like that and then not explain how a waiver flight cost you a jet?
Old 03-08-2018, 04:11 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

You the man Gonzalo! We will both have A-10's soon!

Originally Posted by Auburn02
How are you gonna start a story like that and then not explain how a waiver flight cost you a jet?
Well, the cliff note version:

I bought a jet to get a waiver with and set it all up to maiden/fly/waiver. In that order. I meet up with the CD at a field of his choosing. Folks at the field think I have all my factory inputs wrong and change them. Most notably, they reduce the elevator inputs. The jet is a delta, btw. My CD takes the jet off (barely), yells "I've got no elevator!" and crashes. Total loss.