Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 32 coming.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 32 coming.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 10:39 PM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carsten, and when in a ultra expensive model with a complex multi brand avionics things go wrong, who is the customer to blame?.

I think that in a world we quickly go legal, major brands heads must be very afraid of losing control over their developments with their assocaited high costs and then on legal responsabilities. When everything goes well we all are very happy and praise our systems but when things go very bad I always see most of us go against R/C equipment as, after all, we lost control or it didn´t worked as expected and produced the crash but never see anyone blaming the sensor or the accessory manufacturer (do you know the Futaba R7008SB and PowerBox power systems locks issue?, why none blamed PowerBox for advertising full S.BUS and S.BUS2 capability when it has become clear it is not true?).

Best Regards

Last edited by jescardin; 04-02-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:28 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jescardin
Carsten, and when in a ultra expensive model with a complex multi brand avionics things go wrong, who is the customer to blame?.

I think that in a world we quickly go legal, major brands heads must be very afraid of losing control over their developments with their assocaited high costs and then on legal responsabilities. When everything goes well we all are very happy and praise our systems but when things go very bad I always see most of us go against R/C equipment as, after all, we lost control or it didn´t worked as expected and produced the crash but never see anyone blaming the sensor or the accessory manufacturer (do you know the Futaba R7008SB and PowerBox power systems locks issue?, why none blamed PowerBox for advertising full S.BUS and S.BUS2 capability when it has become clear it is not true?).

Best Regards
Absolutely correct Jesus,
but again, this has something to do with how the protocol is implemented (shared bus/point to point) and very much also the quality of the hard- and software, both the transmitter as well as the 3rd party.
Funny enough, I have more than once found errors in the "original manufacturers" equipment, so I guess it also has its benefits that there are 3rd party developers. One thing does not rule the other out.
But you are right, one needs to be aware of such things (Futaba also managed quite well to ****up them self in their own equipment, 7016, first 7008's, not to mention the implementation of their own SBUS(2) protocol )
This is also why the NDA type thing (Jeti/PBox) is the best way in my opinion, this excludes some of the most primitive DIY'er out there (one can just have a look at the implementation out on the net of Jeti's protocol, all of those I have seen are filled with errors, as well as the hilarious SBUS(2) implementations out there)
Old 04-03-2019, 06:13 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Carsten Groen;12515392
This is also why the NDA type thing (Jeti/PBox) is the best way in my opinion, this excludes some of the most primitive DIY'er out there (one can just have a look at the implementation out on the net of Jeti's protocol, all of those I have seen are filled with errors, as well as the hilarious SBUS(2) implementations out there)[/QUOTE]

Can you comment which implementations are filled with errors or are hilarious? I would want to know in case I'm using one of those..
Old 04-03-2019, 06:45 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Can you comment which implementations are filled with errors or are hilarious? I would want to know in case I'm using one of those..
I better not
I can only say that the implementations I have seen on the net i various "Arduino" type projects have errors in them. They do not follow the protocol strictly for telemetry. If you get valid values etc and are satisfied with what you see, fine.
Another thing, almost all the sensors I have seen on the net sends their telemetry values as fast as they can get to it (Jeti). There is no throttling of the amount of data sent. There is no need to update the fuel amount in your tank 20 times each second, 1 would be enough
Old 04-03-2019, 07:38 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I used to fly Futaba.. because of them forcing you into new radios instead of simple software updates price lack of powersafe receivers all helped me make the choice to leave it.

Also when kingtech was doing telemetry they where totally unresponsive and no help. All the other manufacturers helped out. That alone is enough to say FU to them. They don’t give 2 craps about modelers.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:44 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Furtaba has been the benchmark that all others are compared to. JR was in the running, they're gone. Love my 18MZ. I think it's odd how important telemetry is to people. I see it as a novelty more than anything. If we set our models up properly and remember to put electrons in the batteries and dinosaurs in the gas tank, we're usually pretty good. With that said, I have a feeling Futaba spent some time and money on the telemetry stuff..... ;-)
Old 04-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by DrScoles
Furtaba has been the benchmark that all others are compared to. JR was in the running, they're gone. Love my 18MZ. I think it's odd how important telemetry is to people. I see it as a novelty more than anything. If we set our models up properly and remember to put electrons in the batteries and dinosaurs in the gas tank, we're usually pretty good. With that said, I have a feeling Futaba spent some time and money on the telemetry stuff..... ;-)
I hope you are right, would be very nice!
I have Jeti DS24, a powerbox CORE and a 18MZ. The 18 MZ is used for all my models (both prop and jets). The CORE and Jeti are only because of my telemetry business (not that they are not nice radios, I'm just a "Futaba guy" and have always been )
Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 AM
tymt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone please tell me more, or point me in the right direction to find information on the 7008sb and PowerBox issue?
Old 04-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Glad to hear that...

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
I hope you are right, would be very nice!
I'm just a "Futaba guy" and have always been )
Me too, hence my original question. It will be good if we can try and stay with the MZ32 and whatever we hear about it.

Cheers,

JanR
Old 04-03-2019, 06:26 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am interested in this data.....

Originally Posted by tymt
Can someone please tell me more, or point me in the right direction to find information on the 7008sb and PowerBox issue?
Old 04-03-2019, 11:23 PM
jescardin

Originally Posted by tymt
Originally Posted by furloughed ual
I too am interested in this data.....

You only need to make a Google search, but here you have some feed for your brains:

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=93364

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...d.php?t=195191

https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...ad.php?t=81393

issues using royal rrs with futaba R7008SB - Royal RRS / Champion RRS / Royal Spektrum - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum

Futaba 7008SB and Comp SRS Problems? - Cockpit SRS / Competition SRS - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum

Futaba R7008SB Update or not? - PowerBox FAQ´s - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum

Competition srs futaba r7008 sb binding - Cockpit SRS / Competition SRS - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum

On my side I would much thank if anybody find the update software for the R7008SB receiver in any Futaba or Futaba´s dealer/distributor websites. I have found that it only may be got by private mail from PowerBox which makes me suspect about it being a Futaba original update and if it will void the receiver warranty and any Futaba responsabilities

Thanks and Best Regards.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:16 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I left Futaba after waiting for usable Telemetry to be offered. I fly high performance EDF and knowing the pack status allows me to maximize my flight times and flight enjoyment. Having easy to install, configure and use Telemetry spoils you.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:36 AM
jescardin

"Bob_B" that is totally understandable on your move to other brand.

For my, at the beginning of the Futaba telemetry systems, I used the external voltage cable and voltage sensor for monitoring the batteries on my EDFs, although they were not high performance as yours. Then what I did was studying the recorded telemetry files with my computer so as to fine tuning the flying time clocks as well as the alarm voltages.

Since the current sensor was introduced it is not necessary to go as explained above, of course. Anyway, and I do know it from some friends, there are Futaba users who do not much like the Amp going up count on Futaba telemetry but would prefer a count down style from total capacity like it is on other brands, but I suppose that is subjective likings or preferences.

Personally what I think other brands and its distributors made much, much more better than Futaba was explaining customers how to use their telemetry capabilities and made a greater effort on product support and guidance so that today many modellers know better what these brands offer and how to use it.

Best Regards.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:47 AM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I have an 18MZ and I love it, I like the idea of the twin screens but when other high end radios have machined metal cases, Hall effect gimbals and software development that is driven by the users and not by the company doing what they want, how they want to do it and then tell the user " tough lump it" for a lot less money I think Futaba have a lot of catching up to do and most importantly " GET REAL"
Old 04-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

"Bob_B" that is totally understandable on your move to other brand.

For my, at the beginning of the Futaba telemetry systems, I used the external voltage cable and voltage sensor for monitoring the batteries on my EDFs, although they were not high performance as yours. Then what I did was studying the recorded telemetry files with my computer so as to fine tuning the flying time clocks as well as the alarm voltages.

Since the current sensor was introduced it is not necessary to go as explained above, of course. Anyway, and I do know it from some friends, there are Futaba users who do not much like the Amp going up count on Futaba telemetry but would prefer a count down style from total capacity like it is on other brands, but I suppose that is subjective likings or preferences.

Personally what I think other brands and its distributors made much, much more better than Futaba was explaining customers how to use their telemetry capabilities and made a greater effort on product support and guidance so that today many modellers know better what these brands offer and how to use it.

Best Regards.
The "Cockpit" system I mentioned above is the best telemetry available IMHO, Have integrated like Jeti is a plus though. The Futaba sensor has to be manually reset and that along with limited volume and other minuses made it less desirable. Too bad as I always trusted FASST.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

On my side I would much thank if anybody find the update software for the R7008SB receiver in any Futaba or Futaba´s dealer/distributor websites. I have found that it only may be got by private mail from PowerBox which makes me suspect about it being a Futaba original update and if it will void the receiver warranty and any Futaba responsabilities

Thanks and Best Regards.
It was/is a problem with just the PowerBox PE's. It's pretty limited in how many rx's might be involved. I got the file from Richard but after doing some more research I found out I didn't need the update. You are correct in that it's something PowerBox came up with not Futaba. You can nose around the PB support forum and look for that thread, It's been so long, I just don't remember what the deal was exactly. As for the warranty, Futaba only gives you a year anyway so for me, it just wasn't an issue.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:49 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
It was/is a problem with just the PowerBox PE's. It's pretty limited in how many rx's might be involved. I got the file from Richard but after doing some more research I found out I didn't need the update. You are correct in that it's something PowerBox came up with not Futaba. You can nose around the PB support forum and look for that thread, It's been so long, I just don't remember what the deal was exactly. As for the warranty, Futaba only gives you a year anyway so for me, it just wasn't an issue.
I was affected by this problem on powerbox as well....so I just did the easiest thing...I switched to two 7003sb receivers and no need for updates, no need to worry. It's not that big of an issue if you don't make it that big of an issue. I just transitioned the two 7008sb..from that project into another that did not use PB and I was fine. Also using a competition with two 7008sb and have not had the problem at all. Every system has it's issues. Was looking at Jeti for a bit and found that when setting up a cortex pro and CB200 you have to run a third cable to the Cortex for power. Not bagging on that system for that, but just saying every company has issues with someone elses stuff sometimes.

Also back to subject.....I can't wait to see the new radio and see how they have implemented their telemetry and hopefully a talking timer.

Patrick
Old 04-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sirrom
I was affected by this problem on powerbox as well....so I just did the easiest thing...I switched to two 7003sb receivers and no need for updates, no need to worry. It's not that big of an issue if you don't make it that big of an issue. I just transitioned the two 7008sb..from that project into another that did not use PB and I was fine. Also using a competition with two 7008sb and have not had the problem at all. Every system has it's issues. Was looking at Jeti for a bit and found that when setting up a cortex pro and CB200 you have to run a third cable to the Cortex for power. Not bagging on that system for that, but just saying every company has issues with someone elses stuff sometimes.

Also back to subject.....I can't wait to see the new radio and see how they have implemented their telemetry and hopefully a talking timer.

Patrick
If they don't/can't put a talking timer in this radio and add every other dang feature we've been asking for in the last eight years, they shouldn't even bother releasing a new flagship(I'm assuming it's going to be the new flagship) radio.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:05 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
...as well as the hilarious SBUS(2) implementations out there)
Boy that is for sure
Old 04-04-2019, 11:20 PM
jescardin

Originally Posted by sirrom

Patrick
Patrick you just confirm my lack of belief as well as dangers associated to the so praised and requested general compatibility among radio and accessories brands!

Best Regards
Old 04-05-2019, 05:12 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I've set up 4 jets in the past 2 years with Powerbox (2 with Royal SRS, 2 with Mercury SRS) using two 7008SB receivers on all 4, never have experienced the fade counter issue. I'm not sure why I use the 7008s though since I'm using Sbus on all setups, I guess it's just what we always seem to have on hand.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:42 AM
cmjets

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

It’s time to change ... I sold my 18MZ and ordered the new CORE !!!! While I fly with a borrowed radio.

I’m anxious for receive the PowerBox radio !!!!

in short will be available all Powerbox products in CMJETS website.

https://cmjets.com/50-powerbox-systems
The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (06-28-2020)
Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Cool. CORE thread is over there, I hear there's a new Futaba 32 coming.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Yes please...

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Cool. CORE thread is over there, I hear there's a new Futaba 32 coming.

Yes please, can we stay on this thread with the original question - share whatever you know about the MZ32!!!!

Thanks

JanR
Old 04-05-2019, 08:44 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I've set up 4 jets in the past 2 years with Powerbox (2 with Royal SRS, 2 with Mercury SRS) using two 7008SB receivers on all 4, never have experienced the fade counter issue. I'm not sure why I use the 7008s though since I'm using Sbus on all setups, I guess it's just what we always seem to have on hand.
Same here, 3-4 big warbirds and at least 4 jets with powerbox and two 7008's. Zero problems.... Didn't know this was a thing. So funny how people are quick to nail a company for any tiny thing. The 14 channel rx with the power cords out of it was a bust, and they pulled it.... The new 14 channel sbus/high voltage RX is DOPE! Might not be doing power boxes anymore with that RX. I have three planes flying with it now. I haven't crashed a futaba powered model due to a radio issue since 72mhz. Just doesn't happen.

Great that powerbox and Jeti exist, love the competition... its great having so many tasty boxes of cereal to choose from. ;-).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.