Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Royal/Marutaka Cessna Citation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Royal/Marutaka Cessna Citation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 01:07 AM
rpz-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal/Marutaka Cessna Citation

Hey there,

I am looking into building a Marutaka Cessna Citation dual ducted fan from kit. I have very little information on this kit, and am wondering if anyone has any experience with it that they would be willing to share?
Old 05-13-2002, 01:19 AM
Mitchell-RCU
My Feedback: (49)

Default Royal Citation

After building that kit i'd advise not to mess with it. Its a nightmare to build. The instructions consist of four 8.5x11 pieces of paper folded in half to make an instruction book. The The engines used are K&B 3.5 or OS 25 vrdf. The fans are made by Kress and don't work well with the engine because they were designed for the old style engine with the carb in the front.When all is finished it will take about 10 oz of weight in the nose to balance it.(thats with the receiver and battery in the front. On the positive side it makes a very nice looking airplane when finished,and it has an excellent set of plans.
I have been building airplanes for sixteen years and it took me almost a year to build that kit.

If you decide to build it let give me a call if I can help.

Mitchell
336-672-5051
Old 05-13-2002, 01:31 AM
rpz-RCU

Default Royal/Marutaka Cessna Citation

Thanks for the info Mitchell. I am really looking to get into jets, but on the civillian aircraft side - not the military fighter jets. If you (or anyone, for that matter) have any suggestions on an alternate twin-engine civillian ducted fan (gas or electric) with 3 to 4" fans, I would be really interested in chasing it. I figure that this would be a good next step to get me closer to a turbine of similar characteristics.
Old 05-13-2002, 01:42 AM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Citation

Randy,

If you do build it, below is a picture of what it will look like when finished, this Citation took 2years to build. Never Flew, it has K&B 3.5D/F engines on it. Told is was underpowered.

There is a nice D/F Learjet out there, some company makes the kit, i've seen it fly on video and looks very scale and flies nice too.

Good Luck

Robert

There are Citation Pictures in my gallery if your interested.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10991_253.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	7459  
Old 05-13-2002, 02:35 PM
Mitchell-RCU

Default Citation

Do you have a picture of that Citation with the 61CK tail number?
Did you get that airplane from Arizona?

Mitchell
Old 05-13-2002, 04:32 PM
F900

Default Citation

Yes,

A Guy in AZ sold it to me. how did you know, where you the builder ?
Old 05-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Mitchell-RCU

Default Citation

That airplane was built by me in Asheboro, North Carolina. Its a replica of Citation II 61CK C550-0195. At the time the airplane was owned by Causey Aviation in Liberty,NC.
I logged about 1000 hours in that airplane.

Mitchell
Old 05-13-2002, 06:38 PM
F900

Default Citation

Wow Small world, according to AMSAT the 61Ck is owned by E&M Aviation now, unfortunately the Citation never flew as the whole tail section was damaged during shipping thanks to Delta Airlines.

I was told by more experienced R/C guys to take the insurance settlement offered to me as they thought the Citation was too much underpowered and the engine setup was not the most reliable. Delta airlines kept the Citation.

Did you ever fly N52CK ? 1 Day i was behind this Citation on Takeoff, it was in the same colors and design as 61ck
Old 05-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Mitchell-RCU

Default Citation

I flew 52CK. It was a full EFIS Citation S2 at one time. I think the number was kept and is now on a Citation V. There are a bunch of CK out there with that paint scheme.

Mitchell
Old 06-23-2007, 08:55 PM
jzak3
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Royal/Marutaka Cessna Citation

yes i would like to know if someone out thier can help me, I purchased a set of prints of a royal products (maratuka) B-25 MITCHELL with the 70" wing span.What i need to know is that on the plans for the motor mount is an arrow pointing from the left that say's left engine 1 degree left thrust.and on the other side also has an arrow pointing at the engine mount from the right side but the printing is gone. so if any one can help me i would greatly appreciate it.like a picture of the text off the plans.thanks jzak3

)
Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

RPZ:

If you decide to go the Glow DF route, let me know, I have I couple of Kress RK-20 units, one new assembled, one new unassembled I would sell, also, you need the discontonued OS .25 VF/DF engines, or a pair of NovaRossi's, the K&B's would be underpowered, and the later versions with the rear carb won't fit. What you need for real good power is a pair of NovaRossi RX-21R engines, they are available through Planet Hobbies and would produce 6 lbs of thrust on the RK-20's for 12 lbs total, quite more than the OS 25's, another option would be to go EDF, but you'll spend a lot of money (even more than GDF) on motor's, a couple of Midifans, ESC's and lipo cells to get similar performance to the Rossi engines, you won't like waiting for your batteries to charge, I know
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 AM
jzak3
My Feedback: (3)

thanks ,but i'm building a b-25 mitchell and my question was about the engine mounts.