Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jr 10x help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jr 10x help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
flyexperimental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr 10x help

I am trying to program crow into airlons on Boomerang.Have one airlon on aux 5.other on airlon channel.can not figure out how to get the surfaces to move up when I use the aux 5 channel and the opposite dirrection when I use the stick for airlons.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 06-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jr 10x help

What you need is on BVM's web site---Here is the link!!

Kevin

http://www.bvmjets.com/JetKits/crow_setup.pdf
Old 06-23-2007, 01:56 PM
flyexperimental

That should be save me some time.
Thanks,Kevin
Old 06-23-2007, 02:20 PM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

If I remember correctly, the sample rates on channels 9 and 10 are slower than channels 1-8. You might want to consider putting the second aileron on one of the primary 8 channels so the sample rates match.

Perhaps someone who is more of an expert than I can confirm this or provide a more specific explanation?
Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilott28

If I remember correctly, the sample rates on channels 9 and 10 are slower than channels 1-8. You might want to consider putting the second aileron on one of the primary 8 channels so the sample rates match.

Perhaps someone who is more of an expert than I can confirm this or provide a more specific explanation?
Keith you are correct---Channels 1-8 are PCM 1024 where as channels 9 and 10 are PCM 512---Half of the sample rate...Just follow BV's directions and you will get it set up right.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:46 PM
flyexperimental

I did notice one airlon seemed to be moving at a different rate.Had also read here in the forum somewhere that channels 9 and 10 did not have the same specs as the rest of the channels.When I started this project channel 10 was all that was left open.Had to send in my turbine(t-500) for 100 cycle inspection,so while I am grounded I figured I would take the airlons off the y harness and single channel too add the crow feture.The only problem I have with the Boomerang is it just seems to want to not want to come down,seems like It just wants to float in ground effect forever.I am getting better at getting it slowed down and touching down close to the intended spot,but figured if I have the time I would still like to have the crow option.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 AM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

Crow will work great for what you want. It doesn't take much. Maybe 1/4-3/8" is all.
I am guessing you have your Nosewheel steering servo on one of the lower aux channels. Move that over to 9 or 10 as you don't need the same frame rate for that as a flying surface. Same with whatever channel you are using for brake if you have that seperate.
If you need more help than BVs instructions PM me. I have a word document I can send that I typed up for friends on how I setup crow on my Viperjet.
BC
Old 06-24-2007, 09:32 AM
flyexperimental

I have nosewheel and smoke on the lower aux channels.I did get the crow to work with the BVM directions.I still had one surface moving the wrong direction,but finally figured out I needed to reverse it in the mix and not in the channel reverse menu. I had smoke on aux.2.I will put the smoke on aux 5.
Thanks,
Joe