Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

LP battries for your Jet Cat ECU??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

LP battries for your Jet Cat ECU??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LP battries for your Jet Cat ECU??

David:

Sounds like one of the cells in the tranny pack went south.....and when the voltage in that bad cell goes to zero or near zero before the other 2 cells, the internal resistance may be high enough to look like an open cell, thereby accounting for your zero reading at MAB.....just my speculation, but you could check it by cutting the shrink and checking each cell individually during a discharge cycle, or have Emory do it and report back........

With all this talk about number of flights between charges of liths, many of us, self included, forget to stick to old fashioned battery basics and to do a discharge cycle on them, not to cure memory, of course, but just to ascertain the health of all the cells.......I have also been writing down my tranny, ECU, and RX battery voltage after each of 6-7 consecutive flights without re-charging about every 2 weeks to look for any trends........

Tom
Old 05-29-2004, 07:44 PM
mair
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LP battries for your Jet Cat ECU??

I am not too concerned with recharging the ecu battery after every flight. What I am concerned with is saving weight. Does anyone know about how much weight savings there are using Li-Po's? Call me ultra conservative/paranoid but I have five battery packs in my AD F-16. I have 4 switches, 1- 2400ma and 1-1800ma packs isolated for servos, 2- 800ma receiver packs, 1- 3000ma ecu pack. I feel like I'm flying around a radio shack store. It's a lot of weight and I definately need to slim down. Do you think that I can shave off 2 lbs going with Li-Po's?

Gary