Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetLegend So far...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetLegend So far...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:07 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetLegend So far...

Hi,

I'm just trying to find out the opinions of anyone out there who has bought a JL model recently - good or bad, pleased or pissed off. Any tips for improvements would be appreciated also.

Please note that this thread is for legitimate owners and interested parties. It's not going to be the beginning of a new, but ultimately, very dull argument.
Please don't bother posting slurs at me or JL or other back-handed comments.
Come up and meet me and tell me to my face instead - we'll discuss it properly like gentlemen!

Thank you for your help...
Old 11-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Richard-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: JetLegend So far...

Just received a Jet Legend F-18 kit...not the arf version. The composite work is equal to my Composite Arf Eurosport. All formers, braces, etc. were either laser cut or band-sawed and sanded. Complete hardware package, nice struts, and full sized drawings with separate sheets showing all the formers, etc. in full scale. I have dry fit some of the formers and everything looks like it will fit without problems. The kit version is a little more work than the ARF would be but I have been building kits for alot of years so it will make a good project. I would guess it will take 8 to 10 hours to get the plane up to the ARF stage. Wire transfered money to China and had the plane on my doorstep in 9 days. Will let you know if I run into anything in the way of problems along the way but I probably wont start on it until after the holidays.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 90% through a F-15 kit and so far everything has been great. I'm not a huge builder so I have taken a bit longer than you pros out there but the fit of parts is good and the glass work on the kit is fine. I prob should have got an ARF but I didn't want an excuse to run out and buy another turbine and all the stuff that goes with it... my Better half would have killed me I think...no I'm sure!! [X(]
Old 11-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me that the difference in workload between these ARFs and the kit version isn't all that much. Just my $.02.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:23 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

It seems to me that the difference in workload between these ARFs and the kit version isn't all that much. Just my $.02.

If the difference is the fuse formers and hatches, I would have to agree. Waiting for the glue to dry is the longest part of the process.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:21 AM
CFII1974
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: KFalcon

Waiting for the glue to dry is the longest part of the process.
This is a true statement. I spent a lot of time doing that already.
I have my 18 kit ready to glue in the formers. I have drilled all the holes and got everything done for the vert and horz stabs. I carbon fibered all the LG supporting formers and rails as well has a few other that I thought would need it with flying under 160 power.
Over all I find that everything fits well and putting the formers in is easy.
I have only a few little gripes. I few of my laser cut pieces started to warp a little after being on the bench for a few days, Nothing that could not be taken out but still annoying. I have also found that the band saw cut pieces are not perfect to the planes nor perfect uniform to each other. It is not anything that will make a difference on how it goes together but I like things to be 100% and this bugged me.

I took pics of the process and will post them in my build post in a few days once I have all the formers glued in and the plane is in the ARF state.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:23 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Keep 'em coming guys - thanks for your input so far....

I think that people buy the kit versions, not just because of the money, but because they just want to build it themselves, make sure everything is ok and to their taste. It gives the customer a choice...