Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Old 08-06-2006, 05:01 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Is BVM associated with the output of these models? They're using his model name and color designs, or is it China worming in
Old 08-06-2006, 06:20 AM
bahamadude

Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

I really aint checking for all that.

I aint no police let BVM worry bout that.

I got a hotup weston 50 with pipe ready for that plane
Old 08-06-2006, 08:36 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

I really don't care about you checking for ALL THAT or if you are the BVM police, I'm looking for some info on it.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:12 AM
eaticus
My Feedback: (3)

Wow... looks like a great fit for MW44 conversion... or EDF conversion

Old 08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
G-ROOKIE
My Feedback: (51)

Also look at www.Raidentech.com They are selling the BobCats too.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:27 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitroplanes and Raidentech are the same people.

Yikes! They even CALL the plane the "Bobcat".
That's a little too much for me, too blatant.
It's up to ol' Bob to do something about it or not, were I him, I would at least get them to change the name. But that's up to him.
To answer the question, I'd say if BVM had anything to do about it, you would hear about it, but he don't!
Old 08-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

Bob has to be getting a cut on these planes.. or I think he would have sued them by now for copywrite & patent infrigments. Might be a fun little plane to play with, need retracts in them though.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:27 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

No, I SERIOUSLY doubt it. The same plane is sold by someone else as the "lingcat". The guys at Nitroplanes/Raidentech are not modellers, they are importers of toys and models, and probably just have no clue about the original Bobcat. So unless someone says something to them, they have no idea.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

I ordered one and it will be here tomorrow. I'll take a look and post a reply. Plan is to fly with an OS .91 first, and if it looks like it will stay together, try one with a turbine. At the price they are selling for I figured I couldn't loose too much. Bob
Old 08-09-2006, 05:22 PM
B58

OK, got the kit and it looks good. I just did a quick look, but am ordering another one to just put up for that Wren 44 or such one of these days. This should make a neat electric conversion either df or prop. I'll see how it holds up with the OS 91FX on it. Again, worksmanship looks good. Fixed gear, so that would have to be changed for a turbine version, but what a good buy. Bob
Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Nice, have fun with it. My friend and I ordered one each and they don't want to ship to Puerto Rico. No matter what service use. I called them and try to convince them but they just say NO. Now Nitroplanes have two unhappy customers here. What a great way to gain customers.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:34 PM
johnnyjet
My Feedback: (4)

http://fly-model.com/cp_detail.php?i...=0261:&catid=0

Here you go the company is fly-model
Johnny
Old 08-09-2006, 08:38 PM
bahamadude

ohhh man oh man i feel like a kid candy store.

Check the yak54 3D, bobcat, the seawind, the p38, lancair 52, yak 54and the cessna 310

Man oh man
Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: avicom

Nice, have fun with it. My friend and I ordered one each and they don't want to ship to Puerto Rico. No matter what service use. I called them and try to convince them but they just say NO. Now Nitroplanes have two unhappy customers here. What a great way to gain customers.

I don't blame them. They deal in volume, one squeaky wheel(like an overseas delivery) throws off the mad shipping and packing fury they are in. It's just not worth it to them, too many things to go wrong. I'd guess that UPS or whoever they use does not do Puerto Rico.
What you need is a friend in the USA to accept the shipment and then pass it on to you. If it will fit within priority mail USPS requirements, or parcel post, it will only cost $20 or less to ship each one on to you.

These guys work on very skinny margins(hence the incredibly cheap prices!) and all goes well for both them and you...until there is a PROBLEM...like a broken plane, or missing parts, or a lost shipment...then the time it takes YOU to deal with them, and the time it takes THEM to deal with you, well...suddenly, it's not worth it to either you OR him. The vast majority of people dealing with Nitroplanes have no problems, but the few who do, well, usually it takes a chargeback to get some sort of action on their part. Just how it is.
Just trying to give you a picture of why they don't want to ship overseas(yes...I know PR is part of the US, but it's not to UPS!)...it's just too big a hassle for them, they can pack 20 other guy's stuff in the same amount of time, without doing special paperwork, or potentially getting hit with a huge shipping charge, etc....
Old 08-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Zagzoo
My Feedback: (28)

IF you converted this to a small turbine 6-8lb range.. How much would you have to beef the wing up? Looks like you would have to cut a hole in the back of the fuslage for the electric start motor on the turbine.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I don't blame them. They deal in volume, one squeaky wheel(like an overseas delivery) throws off the mad shipping and packing fury they are in. It's just not worth it to them, too many things to go wrong. I'd guess that UPS or whoever they use does not do Puerto Rico.
What you need is a friend in the USA to accept the shipment and then pass it on to you. If it will fit within priority mail USPS requirements, or parcel post, it will only cost $20 or less to ship each one on to you.

These guys work on very skinny margins(hence the incredibly cheap prices!) and all goes well for both them and you...until there is a PROBLEM...like a broken plane, or missing parts, or a lost shipment...then the time it takes YOU to deal with them, and the time it takes THEM to deal with you, well...suddenly, it's not worth it to either you OR him. The vast majority of people dealing with Nitroplanes have no problems, but the few who do, well, usually it takes a chargeback to get some sort of action on their part. Just how it is.
Just trying to give you a picture of why they don't want to ship overseas(yes...I know PR is part of the US, but it's not to UPS!)...it's just too big a hassle for them, they can pack 20 other guy's stuff in the same amount of time, without doing special paperwork, or potentially getting hit with a huge shipping charge, etc....
ha,ha,ha now what do you think abouth that Avicom, are UPS a bunch of scumbags?
Old 08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
eaticus
My Feedback: (3)

Hi,
I had a short circuit in my brain, went crazy, and bought 2. I'll part with one if you have figure out how to ship the airplane. It should be here about a week...

Dave

Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

ET,
I'm Avicom's friend...

•Their competitor don't seem to have a problem to ship overseas (That without debating PR is truly the same as shipping say to France)
•UPS do not have a problem to ship to PR.
•Nobody is asking them to pay for the shipping cost

I told them it was their business, so they do what they think its best for them.. However don't see how they can claim great customer service, their policy is 1950's...

Now its raidentech the same?? I can see in their website they do claim to ship overseas...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:37 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

It's probably just a question of HASSLE. Again...that ONE overseas customer takes more time than a whole bunch of domestic customers.
Also...they probably make a fair portion of their profit on shipping and handling, which probably goes away with the higher overseas costs.
Ask their "other" company, Raidentech. Bet they say these large kits are lower 48 states only.
Hey, they never claimed to have great customer service! Their CS is well known to suck! But great products at unbeleivable prices. All is well until you have a PROBLEM, and then, the only thing that seems to get their attention is chargeback, so be sure to play with a CC...
Old 08-10-2006, 11:00 AM
avicom

ET, I just sent my Hawk to NY via UPS. And To make it more interesting UPS are one of the few airfreigth companies doing ground services to Puerto Rico even if they need to use a boing to deliver the package. So I really don't undersand well what you try to explain me. May be is the language barrier. Also when i sell my eurosport to Burt I sent him the two big boxes to michigan for only $150.00 insured for the total cost of the kit. I understsand the oversize box issue to deliver by regular mail but by UPS shouldn't be a problem.
Well I just decide not to buy this kit. To all the pople who get it have all the fun and enjoy.

And talking about customer service. Just recived a call from Ed of GNM who is in Canada to ask me some issues about an order. He prefer to make a long distance call than to send me an email. As well as Todd he always mantain contact with me for anything I need. There are a bunch of store that provide exelent customer service and there are few that don't. Is just fact of life.

Brgds,
Alejandro
Old 08-10-2006, 11:08 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Ed and Todd give GREAT customer service. From fellow modellers TO fellow modellers. Nitroplanes/Raidentech...they are NOT modellers...they are merchants. And they give LOUSY customer service.
Nitromodels, well, if they do not want to ship overseas, too much trouble, well...they will lose some customers, like you. Maybe they don't use UPS, maybe Fedex Ground(some stuff I got from them, it was fedex ground, if I remember right)...but if they don't want to ship overseas, I understand. I you do not want to spend money with them because of that, I understand THAT, too. I think others will carry this airplane, for sure, and be more than willing to take your money. Good rule of thumb: never beg anybody to take your money! So I understand totally where you are coming from!
Old 08-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

B58, keep us posted on your progress, I am really wanting one of these but have never flown a jet. Mostly warbirds, Cubs, Spits, and Mustangs. How hard are these too fly in general and are they more similar to thier larger turbine powered brothers? Very cool jet non-the less.

Thanks Shane
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Also when i sell my eurosport to Burt I sent him the two big boxes to michigan for only $150.00 insured for the total cost of the kit. I understsand the oversize box issue to deliver by regular mail but by UPS shouldn't be a problem.
Brgds,
Alejandro
You tell me!! I just paid $298, which I think is fair, to ship an F-16 via UPS to San Juan. How come you paid so little to ship to Mi?
You must have gotten some kind of discount or something. Another friend of mine shipped a BVM T-33 to San Juan and it was $450.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:24 PM
avicom

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Also when i sell my eurosport to Burt I sent him the two big boxes to michigan for only $150.00 insured for the total cost of the kit. I understsand the oversize box issue to deliver by regular mail but by UPS shouldn't be a problem.
Brgds,
Alejandro
You tell me!! I just paid $298, which I think is fair, to ship an F-16 via UPS to San Juan. How come you paid so little to ship to Mi?
You must have gotten some kind of discount or something. Another friend of mine shipped a BVM T-33 to San Juan and it was $450.
David I used stevens global to ship the euro to MI. I had to used a friend account to do this. I left the euro at the airport and they took care of turning it strait to the buyer front door. For the hawk I used UPS second day to NY only $217.00 still less of what you paid.

B58 I receive your PM. Thanks but no thanks. Keep us inform on the progress.

Alejandro
Old 08-10-2006, 07:13 PM
B58

In case you wonder what my PM said, I offered to ship for him if he shipped to me. Looks bad when you say "no thanks" like that. I am finishing up a Hanger 9 large P-47, then will jump on the little bobcat. It should go together pretty easy, but I am very slow. Too hot here during the day to do anything in my shop. As for hard to fly jets, this little thing should be a good intro for someone, and for about a 20th of the money. Wish the little turbines were cheaper than the big ones though. Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.