RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 01:28 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

ORIGINAL: avicom

Nice, have fun with it. My friend and I ordered one each and they don't want to ship to Puerto Rico. No matter what service use. I called them and try to convince them but they just say NO. Now Nitroplanes have two unhappy customers here. What a great way to gain customers.

I don't blame them. They deal in volume, one squeaky wheel(like an overseas delivery) throws off the mad shipping and packing fury they are in. It's just not worth it to them, too many things to go wrong. I'd guess that UPS or whoever they use does not do Puerto Rico.
What you need is a friend in the USA to accept the shipment and then pass it on to you. If it will fit within priority mail USPS requirements, or parcel post, it will only cost $20 or less to ship each one on to you.

These guys work on very skinny margins(hence the incredibly cheap prices!) and all goes well for both them and you...until there is a PROBLEM...like a broken plane, or missing parts, or a lost shipment...then the time it takes YOU to deal with them, and the time it takes THEM to deal with you, well...suddenly, it's not worth it to either you OR him. The vast majority of people dealing with Nitroplanes have no problems, but the few who do, well, usually it takes a chargeback to get some sort of action on their part. Just how it is.
Just trying to give you a picture of why they don't want to ship overseas(yes...I know PR is part of the US, but it's not to UPS!)...it's just too big a hassle for them, they can pack 20 other guy's stuff in the same amount of time, without doing special paperwork, or potentially getting hit with a huge shipping charge, etc....
ha,ha,ha now what do you think abouth that Avicom, are UPS a bunch of scumbags?