Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sky Master jets?????????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sky Master jets?????????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:53 AM
baron-noir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sky Master jets?????????

I got #8 for a Rafale too. I wish they also sell the ordinance (ext tanks, missiles)

Sk
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
weasel33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This just came up when i was checking the Skymaster site
"Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" site is down, this has never happened before??
Old 11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

yea, a few times ...
Old 11-10-2006, 04:39 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

That is true during updates
Old 11-11-2006, 01:24 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

ORIGINAL: F900

Mike

You missed an interesting discussion about SM over the weekend... and what was told to the people present made perfect sence as to whats really going on, becuase its not been told here on RCU

Its a shame really, companies stuck in legal fights, trying to undercut each other things going on .. you only need to look at the other thread to see some of the problem..

At the end of the day its only going to be the customer to lose out...

Rememeber when Ram said the same thing, especially when they moved and 6months later.. out of business.

I like Skymaster, there people always where looking in providing good R/C jets and good customer service...

But based on what I heard over the weekend, I'd be very uncomfortable sending money to Skymaster direct, until I see some changes... if it ever happens.
That's funny how you mention RAM.
Very similar situation. All the reps and such kept saying "everything is FINE!" until the day the company closed their doors. Then AFTERWARDS, you had all these guys saying "I knew it was coming!"

Jascat...I just had a post about SM "dissapeared". No warning, it just dissapeared. Like yours.
What does THAT say about the integrity of the company, and of RCU?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Et. I couldn't possibly comment on either, although all will be revealed when the dust settles.

Regards

Jim
Old 11-11-2006, 02:06 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I can't comment either, but there are those who know what really goes on, and those who don't. And that people will probably be upset when the dust does indeed settle.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Jim Cattanach

Skymaster seem to be having a few problems.
The new Hawk is listed as available in October.
No price or sign of it yet!
The Skymaster dealer here in Cyprus ordered three various jets. When they arrived, cockpits were missing from two of them. Arrangements were made to fit gear doors. This was not done.
Robart retracts used to be supplied. On the new ARF plus F15 I saw, cheap Airpower retracts were supplied.
I had these retracts before & tried to get new frames for them, only to be told by Airpower they do not supply them as a spare part.

Regards

Jim
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Stig Andersen

ORIGINAL: Jascat100
On the new ARF plus F15 I saw, cheap Airpower retracts were supplied.
I had these retracts before & tried to get new frames for them, only to be told by Airpower they do not supply them as a spare part.

Regards

Jim
Hello Jim.

I had a set of Airpower retracts on my SM F-22, and I agree with you. They quality could be better. But, as we all know. You get what you pay for. The really bad thing about Airpower retracts, is that they do not supply the spare parts, that are obviously needed for their gears.[:@]

My new Skymaster F-16 1/8, though, has a really nice and strong gear. The quality is much better than I have seen from Skymaster before.

Here's a picture of the nose gear unit.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13075.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	558749  
Old 11-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Jim Cattanach

Hi Stig. Yes, the Airpower frames are made of a very soft aluminium & they distort & wear out very easily.

I really like the small F16. I have only heard good reports about it. Saw it at Jetpower & fancied the tiger scheme.

Something I may consider in the near future.

Regards

Jim
Old 11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Got an email today from the manufacrurer that it will be delivered next month. Stay tunned for next update, as soon as I get it I will post pictures of my 1k ARF Rafale from X-treme jets the best company in the world!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:06 AM
baron-noir

Did anyone who ordered paid already ? I choose paypal but did not see the link the the paypal website in the ordering process.

Sk
Old 11-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Stig Andersen

I have not paid yet. I suppose I will pay by VISA when they are ready to ship.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:04 PM
MNModels

Hello Jim,

Are you well in the lovely Cyprus?

Please check the invoice, because sometimes the cockpits are send from Taiwan by EMS and not from factory.

Skymaster ran out of Robart retracts and supplied Airpower instead. Up graded units (like those in F16 1/8 / F4) will be supplied at little extra cost for those who received the airpower units with ARF-Plus kits!

Airpower will supply replacement frames shortly. I have use the Airpower units and found them good value for money. With the replacement parts available soon it will give greater ease of mind on those hard landings! Or should i say arrivals!!

Regards

Morne
Old 11-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Jim Cattanach

Hi Morne. At least it is not quite so sunny now. I had to stop flying July & August. The turbines do not work well when it's over 40c.

Maybe the cockpits will turn up eventually.

I see X-Treme jets have removed the Hawk from the available list of ARF jets.
I hope we don't lose anymore.

Regards

Jim
Old 11-13-2006, 11:26 PM
cairoman

Hi Morne,

Actually it was me who received the F15 and F16 (both Arf plus) from the SM dealer here in Cy. The "show special" deal that Anton offered me at Jetpower was much higher than the "dealer's insider" price I received from the dealer.

The F16 arrived without cockpit as well as the F15. Anton promised to send the F16 cockpit this week, but, since he does not make one for the F15, I have to make a deck from plywood!!!!

I understand the point he's making, not to supply a standard cockpit deck, since he makes a scale one, but on the F15 you get no options!!

As for the retract mechanisms on both, well, I find them to be too expensive for what I received (not the struts and wheels on the F16 though, which are of superb quality). As a matter of fact I think it would be a better deal to buy those from Jet Legend, since they are of much higher quality than the Airpower ones.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Xtreme has Jetcat P-80s priced at $2195 with the kits.

I also have heard from several sources that many of the planes are just about ready to ship.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:53 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Hey Tiger,,,, whats there web page

Thank you,,,, Dave
ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I also have heard from several sources that many of the planes are just about ready to ship.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Bob Wilcox (Jetcat USA) has previously stated that he will not perform any service or repair on any Jetcats purchased abroad -- so anyone considering buying one of these turbines would be well advised to consider what their service options are (e.g. shipping back to Anton ?)

Gordon
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: WhoDaMan

Hey Tiger,,,, whats there web page

Thank you,,,, Dave

I afraid to post it. The last thread got closed down, many posts were "dissapeared"(apologies to Joseph Heller), so someone else can post it.

Gordon is right about JC USA, they won't handle the warranty. But who needs a warranty, when you have a Jetcat? You pays your money and you takes your chances, you will have to deal direct with the factory if you have a problem, I guess.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:42 AM
AirPac Models

ORIGINAL: MNModels

Skymaster ran out of Robart retracts

Morne
Morne,

Please let me know if you need more Robart retracts for customers. We have a lot in stock and supply to Skymaster as usual. In AirPac, we always supply Robart retracts in combo deal.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:10 AM
baron-noir

Is this X-trem company living yet ? Anybody ever received an answer apart the automatic emails triggered by the order ? The order status went to "pending" I suppose it is the same for everybody else who ordered or did I miss anything ?

Sk
Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

I don't understand something. Why must we constantly have to "***** Foot" around a topic, when there is a sincere, and sometimes severe, problem with a manufacturer in this industry?
There is an Absolute" reason why some SkyMaster kits are not being delivered and
no one has posted that "reason" here. So, I imagine that all the prospective customers will wait, in good faith, to see what happens in December, or is it January....or perhaps February.
This is NOT meant to be inflammatory, but for crying out loud, in a market place, AND Forum, where we seem to be always looking for the Truth, let's hear it!! It is common knowledge within the "Industry" that Anton is having trouble finding people, and a factory, WITH EXPERIENCE, to work with. The reasons why can be a mixture of several. And those reasons will NEVER be posted in a Public Forum!
Regardless of that, how many times have guys sent in money for a product that has its development delayed, sometimes for ever? Anybody got any hydraulics for a FiberClassics Mig-29??
I for one am not afraid to bring things out in the open. My advice is simply this: Be Careful!
FT
Old 11-23-2006, 09:56 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: FTiano

I don't understand something. Why must we constantly have to "***** Foot" around a topic, when there is a sincere, and sometimes severe, problem with a manufacturer in this industry?
There is an Absolute" reason why some SkyMaster kits are not being delivered and
no one has posted that "reason" here. So, I imagine that all the prospective customers will wait, in good faith, to see what happens in December, or is it January....or perhaps February.
This is NOT meant to be inflammatory, but for crying out loud, in a market place, AND Forum, where we seem to be always looking for the Truth, let's hear it!! It is common knowledge within the "Industry" that Anton is having trouble finding people, and a factory, WITH EXPERIENCE, to work with. The reasons why can be a mixture of several. And those reasons will NEVER be posted in a Public Forum!
Regardless of that, how many times have guys sent in money for a product that has its development delayed, sometimes for ever? Anybody got any hydraulics for a FiberClassics Mig-29??
I for one am not afraid to bring things out in the open. My advice is simply this: Be Careful!
FT

No Bucks........
No Buck Rogers.........

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67390.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	565413  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: FTiano

FT
You ain't afraid to speak your mind, Frank, that's for sure.

Why do people have to *****foot around it?

Because on this forum if you say the wrong thing, you will get dogpiled on by a few companies' PR machines, and you will end up looking foolish, while the companies and their dealers and shills will manage to convince the world that the sun rises in the west, in spite of any evidence to the contrary, by saying the same thing loudly, longly, and often.
I don't think people really WANT the truth, in the end. And I don't think the world at large seems to care if a few (or a bunch) of customers get burned. They only really care when it happens to themselves, not to others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.