Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CD Replaced at Kentucky Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CD Replaced at Kentucky Jets

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
pjpc6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD Replaced at Kentucky Jets

My two week vacation this year was totaly planned around Kentucky Jets. Hotel reservatons for my family and myself two adults four children for ten days is already reserved. Hearing this is not what I was expecting, and definatly changes everything. I know personaly what is like to work hard and create something and then have people act as if you have done absoutely nothing and stab you in the back (not a good feeling). I will not be pretending to have all the details but common sense always prevaile and somthing about this situation just does not sit right. My family and I will not drive from Plantation, Florida to this kind of situation. Lewis I wish you the best, but I am deferenatially making a change in my vocation plans, and I will advise all of my friends who were driving to Kentucky with me to do so as well. People can say what they want about Florida Jets International and some other well known events, but this kind of nonsense just never happens.

Thanks Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78009.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	672375  
Old 04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

I have taken control of the event, and it will be a great success. I hope you still have plans to attend. I'm really counting on you.

Lewis Patton
Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 AM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: seanreit
And this guy comes over to me with this huge smile on his face, I mean, face it, Lewis is about as all teeth as you can get as far as smiles go. And he's asking me how's it going, and how I'm liking it here, and just really making me feel part of something.

And there is just no way I'm the only person that he's made an impression like this on.

SM

[/quote]

I got a chance to meet Lewis in Florida, seems like a nice guy. And he was definitely smiling as you can see in this picture.

Name:	Pm34741.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	672384  
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM
jeteye

I'm going to make sure that everyone else is smiling at Ky Jets too.

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 01:34 AM
pjpc6

Well it looks like my vacation is back on track,Lewis i will see you at KY jets.

Thanks Joe.

Name:	Ge94482.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	672409  
Old 04-26-2007, 01:38 AM
jeteye

That's "GRRRRRRRREEEEEAAAAAATTTTT" !!!!!!!!!!

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 06:18 AM
Brian B
My Feedback: (5)

AMT? Are they still around? I thought they had gone the way of the dinosaurs.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I feel compelled to offer input.

I have known Lewis for about 8 years. His reputation precedes him. He is an impeccable homosapien, one of the best I've met. I have a hard time (as many others have stated) understanding how anyone can have a problem with him. He is normally a big giant smile. Great guy and a great pilot!

I would like to also point out that I cast my vote on the NON-moron column for Sean.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
mshobby

Just for everybodies information, I know for a FACT that AMT-USA is a very honorable, honest, reputable company that has taken care of their flight reps as best they can throughout all the years. I agree that Lewis Patton is normally a great guy, but I was at the Toledo Trade Show in 2006 and I personally witnessed John Ligons ask Lewis Patton if he would be interested in being the CD of the Kentucky Jets Show. This does not make him the operator of the show entirely. In my opinion that makes Lewis an employee, not an employer.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

I also met the AMT guys in Florida, they were very nice too.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim, I don't believe you met the owners, I believe you met REPS.

That's like saying Larry Kramer is somehow responsible for what's happening here. He isn't.

I like almost everyone I meet in this hobby. I'm almost sure I'd like the guys that are representing AMT on this issue, I mean, how can you not like some guys that blow their wad on a turbine engine business, I mean, hellow!!, it's turbine engines!

But again, we're talking about Lewis here. I've never known of him to make decisions lightly. I mean, the guy has been through less airplanes than I've been through girlfriends in the past 10 years.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Doctor J.

Guys,
We at AMT USA have agreed to have a moderator try to resolve the issues that Lewis seems to have with all the others involved with Kentucky Jets. As we have always stated, it has always been our desire to have Lewis be part of this great event. We are very hopeful that things will be worked out. No matter what happens in this regard.
The Cities of Springfield and Lebanon, The Springfield/Lebanon Airport, The Springfield/Lebanon Department of Tourism, Along with AMT USA, will host Kentucky Jets 2007. If you have any questions please contact me John Ligons or Chris Hamilton from the Department of Tourism.

John Ligons
AMT USA
513-769-4539

Chris Hamilton
Springfield/Lebanon Department of Tourism
270-692-0021

John Ligons
V/P AMT USA

Old 04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

Perhaps you can attempt to do something next year but without Lewis face it you won't have an event. I wonder if JetCat is
interested in sponsoring the event. Why don't you AMT boys just take a step back and let this event be run the way it should be?
It appears that you have another agenda, it seems that you are use to having your way but this time it will come back to bite you.
AMT should stick to turbines and leave the events to the contest directors...

P. Richards aka Swat Team
Old 04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
jeteye

I don't know what Cave Man you have been talking to. John and I hardly spoke. Who are you, and what in the world are you talking about? I have been CD at Kentucky now for two (2) years. I hardly knew John then!!!!!!!!!!!! You Sir, ARE NOT TELLING THE TRUTH!!!

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

This Event will continue in the competent and experienced hands of Lewis Patton NOT AMT USA. Lewis applied for the Event in 2006 (AMA Sanction number is: 07-0355) It was registered and paid in full by Lewis Patton and therefore as long as he follows safety guidelines and is accepting the Contest Directors position it WILL remain his Event.

-Patrick Frost
Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
jeteye

The owners do not attend Jet meets. I only saw them once.

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
P. Richards
My Feedback: (3)

This Event will continue in the competent and experienced hands of Lewis Patton NOT AMT USA. Lewis applied for the Event in 2006 (AMA Sanction number is: 07-0355) It was registered and paid in full by Lewis Patton and therefore as long as he follows safety guidelines and is accepting the Contest Directors position it WILL remain his Event.

Nuff said...

P. Richards aka Swat Team
Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
jeteye

You Guys just don't get it. I'm the CD and totally responsible for what goes on. There is no need for a moderator, I have had about as much of the situation (AMT) as I can take. As CD I have informed AMT that they have be terminated as a major sopnsor. Nor I or the River City Radio Controllers need their assistance to put on an event. Now I'm informing them in CAVE MAN LANGUAGE...It's my event, and I don't want you. Please just go away!!! I've informed the club secretary that money and forms will be forth coming.

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Well, I was looking forward to attending Kentucky Jets for the first time and I was going to try and drag some other Richmond flyers with me. However, I don't think I'll show up unless Lewis is involved. I've met him a couple of times and he seems like a great guy. He's obviously a great jet pilot. The owners of AMT and some guy from Springfield Kentucky I wouldn't know from Adam don't impress me.

BTW, if its a choice of a pilot's event with lots of open flying for $50.00, or a "social" event for $70.00, I'll take the former. I can attend "social" events right here without driving 8 hours to do so - I only drive to fly with other pilots...

Bob
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
FTiano
My Feedback: (11)

Okay, I watched for 4 Pages and would like to lend my input.
Most sporting events have sponsors.
Usually, The Sponsor provides a Combination of Money, Merchandise, Advertising materials, (like Banners, Flags signs etc.) for the event.
In return, to get their bang for their buck, the Sponsor receives notoriety in Advertisements, if they are used, premier placement of their banners, or flags, complimentary or reduced cost tents and "dirt", and perhaps some dinner tickets, premium parking etc.
But the main thing the Sponsors look for, or should be looking for, is a High Profile attachment to the event.
Similar to how ZAP, Futaba, Ocean Beauty, JR, Fly RC, Red Bull, Airtronics and many others affiliated with Top Gun have become known as major players.
The one thing that Sponsors are NOT supposed to be doing is making any demands from the Promoter.
Manufacturers sponsor events to Give Something Back to their customers and other prospective enthusiasts. It is a great way for them to show their appreciation for YOU purchasing THEIR products during the year.
So, They sponsor the event, period. Their notoriety, respect, good will and profile come from that.
The day that a sponsor starts dictating what happens, where it happens and who it happens to, is probably the day that the sponsor needs to consider doing something else to keep that profile and image with their customers.
I must say that in 19 years, I have NEVER had a single sponsor try to put his nose in the operation of the event. Requests and suggestions are certainly suggested, entertained and accepted. But never has any one of them made a "demand". Perhaps because they are intellegent enough to KNOW that running the event is NOT their Responsibility!
Good Luck to all involved with Kentucky Jets. I'm sure it will be a good one!

FT
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Dustin Buescher

"But for the life of me, I can't understand how a hired professional RC pilot at a public event can take awards for piloting skills (even though I profess he is my second favorite pilot of all time) from the modelers that are supporting the company he works for."

I second the motion to stop DAVID SHULMAN from flying in any model airplane competition from this day forth.

Too funny!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Dustin; what the hell are you doing there? [X(]Is it not hot enough for you in FL????... I agree, David should not fly in those events, you should thu, using his Ultra Bandit[8D]...

Back to topic; I can clearly see that this issue can easily be resolved among gents!!! IF not, it may prove to be a disaster for the future of KY jets.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:50 AM
jeteye

Frank put it all in prospective. Even a Cave Man can understand that. If anyone still has a problem, then I can't help you. Our club president is also happy that we finally have control and responsibility for this event again. After all... Our names are on the SANCTION.

The General
Old 04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
t33jetman
My Feedback: (1)

IMO,

Lewis Patton (The General), who is an icon in this hobby, well loved from East coast to the West cost should be the CD as heard by the responses viewed here.

If AMT and the city are able to put this show on without him as the CD in control, AMT will loose more in the eyes of this small community of flyers.

You have only heard here so far from the more outspoken ones. What about all of the others who love Lewis behind the scene? How will they react to this. Image to a company is very important, don't let this issue tarnish your companys good name. People are all ready saying as I have, "If Lewis is not the CD of this event I and maybe others will not attend under this cloud of dispute".

Sure with enough money you (AMTUSA and the City) can pull this event off with no problem, but at what expense to your company reputation? Is this the hill you want to die on? Is it really worth it in the End?

These forums have hurt other companies in the past, please don't allow that to happen to you, for issues do get ugly as more guys start to way in on this dispute.

Would it be better to yeild on this one my friend? We all like you both and would rather not have to choose who to support, but rather fly with you both under friendly skies.

Monk

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Lewis,

Bob Wilcox and JetCat USA would love to support your event as well.

At your convenience, can you PM me your contact info so Bob can give you a call?

Good luck, I am sure things will turn out great.

Regards,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.