Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Boomerang Elan...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Boomerang Elan...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 AM
S_Ciambra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Boomerang Elan...

When it will be available and how much will it cost?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Old 05-23-2007, 02:40 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: New Boomerang Elan...

There are a couple of threads already open on the Elan:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_53...tm.htm#5344534
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_56...tm.htm#5695266

ORIGINAL: S_Ciambra

When it will be available and how much will it cost?
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards
Old 05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
JetGirl

Contact Alan at [email protected]
He's located in London.

Patricia
Boomerang Jets USA
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Alan and I were out testing yet another new wing the day before yesterday ( That man is never happy and always wants to improve) Good news is the latest wing is the best yet and the Elan really is proving to be a step on from the intro that we all know and love.
Bad news is that this latest modification is going to knock back production and the latest update on the schedule indicates delivery in September. I know this is probably killing those already on the wait list but please be patient. It will be worth the wait.
Regards Al
Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ali
Please make it so we can use Jet-1A gear with out alot of mods.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Ali

I have already dropped big hints to Alan on this one Lets just hope he sees this thread.
Regards Al
Old 05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Ali,
could you elaborate on this new wing? Is this design much cleaner than the BB? Many here are excited about the new offering from boomerangjets. The gear idea is very good, after seeing the JetA1 gear for the savex last weekend I am wanting a plane with them.

joe

ORIGINAL: Ali

Alan and I were out testing yet another new wing the day before yesterday ( That man is never happy and always wants to improve) Good news is the latest wing is the best yet and the Elan really is proving to be a step on from the intro that we all know and love.
Regards Al
Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad news is that this latest modification is going to knock back production and the latest update on the schedule indicates delivery in September. I know this is probably killing those already on the wait list but please be patient. It will be worth the wait.
Regards Al
3" diameter wheels for us who fly from grass!

Dave
Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

rcguy!

3" diameter wheels for us who fly from grass!

Dave
we call that Standard overhere
and 76 mm is indeed most used

Old 05-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Ali

The Elan is being worked to be a cleaner, sleeker and faster design than the Baby Intro. Although as with all of Alan's designs it has to have that ridiculously slow and soft stall. In fact that latest wing is a larger unit. I wanted a smaller wing but Alan was not happy with the stall characteristics so went away and came back with another section on a slightly larger wing. To my surprise I cant tell the difference apart from the slower stall speed.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Ali or Alan,

Has the wing span increased as a result of the larger wing? If you guys are still in the design phase can you take a look at putting a gear door on the nose and possibly increase the main gear separation? The gear setup is similar to the Rookie and it’s easy to scrap the wing tips in turns on the ground. Also, the wheel well should most definitely accommodate a trailing link strut design. The Elan is a very attractive jet and I hope it turns out to be one of the best midsized sports jet on the market.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:17 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

A composite wing (and tail) would be awesome - cost more, but I'd pay for it.

I agree with 3" wheels - there's a lot of grass flyers that need this (and trailing link struts if possible)

Airforce7- No need for wider gear stance. Just slow down & use brakes before initiating a turn. I believe the fuselage design is already determined thus gear position is set. The only way to widen the stance would be to put the gear in the wings. That only leads to more problems. A nose gear door would also just complicate things. If you really want a door, its not that hard to add one yourself.

This is supposed to be a simple (KISS) jet. For most of us it will be a daily flyer to relax & have fun with.

I'm sure it's worth the wait - Alan (& Ali) will make sure its right.

...Scott
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 PM
S_Ciambra

Thanks to all for the reply...
Regards
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
S_Ciambra

Bad news is that this latest modification is going to knock back production and the latest update on the schedule indicates delivery in September.
Hi Ali,
thanks for your reply.

We will see us to Celano (Italy) the 23 and 24 June...
Best Regards
Old 05-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Turbinac

I should have posted some further info regarding the Elan, but I've been kind of embarrassed by the further delays, but Ali let the cat out of the bag. I promise there will be no further changes to the airframe. The moulds are being made right now and will be done by mid June. The kit goes into production late in June, first major run finished in August, delivery shipped should arrive USA and UK in September.

What has been happening has been that I got so busy with the sales side of the business that all the design and technical side has been hard to fit in to a 24 hour day. The testing and improving work was taking twice as long as it should, as I could never spend enough time in the workshop and at the flying field flight testing the changes I made..

The long development time on the Elan has taught me that there is only so much a man can do working alone trying to run a sales business and designing and testing new models.

Being 70 years old now is also having it's effect, in that I notice the days seem to be only half as long as they used to be. My brain never got past 18 years old, but the rest of me is definitely slowing down now! My mind makes appointments my body can't keep!

For that reason, I have come to a mutually beneficial agreement with Al's Hobbies in the UK who will handle ALL UK, European and Middle East sales from now on, leaving me to get on with designing and developing the kits.

Formal announcements will be made in a day or two on both our websites.

PLEASE NOTE that USA Sales will still be handled as always by Patricia from Dallas. No change of plans there.

Thanks to all for your patience.

Alan
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You poor old s*d, I know what you mean though.

m
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 AM
GoeKeli

Any updates on the Elan? How is pre-production going?

joe
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM
TJP
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As many others have already said I hope the Jet-1A and 3-inch
wheels will fit without much mod. I have a fairly rough field but
the Jet-1A struts take all the punishment on my BabyBoomer.

Alan since the Elan is more aerodynamic than the BabyBoomer
do you think a P60 would fly it OK???

THANKS, TOM
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Turbinac

The first container of Elan kits will be shipped from China late August. That means depending on the shipping company's schedule and the Customs clearance time, they should be ready to fill orders in late September or worst case scenario, first week October. Same applies to the UK.

Patricia will be contacting everyone on the US waiting list as soon as the container is on the high seas, and those who then confirm their order and pay will have the kits sent within 24 hours after we get them in Dallas. Price will be $1250.00 plus shipping.

Elan delivery to the UK will be on the same schedule. Our UK, European and Middle East waiting customers will hear from Ali at Al's Hobbies at the same time. Keep an eye on the websites. UK price will be £594.90 plus 17.5% VAT making it £699.00. No VAT outside the Euro zone, of course.

Alan
www.boomerangjets.com

Here are the colour scheme layouts in the first run.

Attachments
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13529.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	732379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50860.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	732380  
Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Alan

are you planning to visit DFW again this fall? hope to see you at Greater SW Jet Rally. I think the sport scheme accentuates the aircraft name. nice work.

cheers

buck
Old 07-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Turbinac

I'm going to be at the meeting in Waco 7th to 9th September. I look forward to seeing you and many of my American friends there.

My travelling in 2007 has been pretty far & wide. Meetings in Belgium, Italy, Germany, USA several times (Florida, Mississippi, Texas,) various UK meets of course. Friends and Boomerang flyers everywhere! Not to mention four trips to Hong Kong and China.

If I survive till 2008 I hope to get to a West Coast meeting or two.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 AM
GoeKeli

How is the Elan coming? Any updates?

Joe
Old 09-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Synthetic

First shipment of planes to arrive in US early October is the latest information I have heard.

On the Boomerang site the actual color scheme (not a drawing) is now shown. Looks pretty nice..
Old 09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
volkan

Hi Guys,
The first shipment should have left China a few days ago, and we hope to have the kits at the end of September! But both Al's Hobbies and Alan will be taking orders at Jetpower. For anyone who is interested bellow are some pictures of the new Elan, we should also have some flying shots and video in a few days; (as I type this) Alan and Ali are out flying the new kit. Oh and I should also mention that the Jet-1A retracts are also almost ready for shipping!

Old 09-04-2007, 07:38 AM
Synthetic

There's the new pictures I was talking about! [8D]
Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.