Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F14 Tomcat

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F14 Tomcat

very nice!  I probably get one too.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:09 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anton, will you have ordnance and drop tanks for the F-14?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
WimB
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want one too!!!! will have to save up (big time!!!!) though, but I want it!!! looks sooooo much more detailed and scale the the FEJ..... and judging from the formers and gear, a lot more developped as well.....

Anton,

I'm very curious as how the wing-fuse interface will look like... I dislike the big gap around the wing on the FEJ.....

Wim
Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: dubd

yes, the F-14 will include the all ordinance with drop tanks
Old 03-15-2013, 05:34 PM
pilot tw

ORIGINAL: WimB

I want one too!!!! will have to save up (big time!!!!) though, but I want it!!! looks sooooo much more detailed and scale the the FEJ..... and judging from the formers and gear, a lot more developped as well.....

Anton,

I'm very curious as how the wing-fuse interface will look like... I dislike the big gap around the wing on the FEJ.....

Wim
ok, i will check the gap for you, and post the pictures here later,

Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilot tw

ORIGINAL: dubd

yes, the F-14 will include the all ordinance with drop tanks

That's great news!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:47 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Anton,
Will you be willing to sell the gear separately once you get into production?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:05 PM
pilot tw

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Anton,
Will you be willing to sell the gear separately once you get into production?
sorry , we not consider sell the scale LG of F-14 along yet, because the scale LG set from Likai Taiwan are very very expensive,,

we will support the scale LG for SM F-14 and installed it at SM factory first,
Old 03-15-2013, 06:19 PM
pilot tw

ORIGINAL: pilot tw

Anton,

Wim
ok, i will check the gap for you, and post the pictures here later,

just took the pictures for the under wing gap, the top hatch not finish yet, i will take the picture and will show it here soon,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68132.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1862472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99850.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1862473  
Old 03-15-2013, 06:29 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Anton it to is great to see a scaled out F14 with Likai engineering!

What is the scale? How much fuel will it hold?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM
pilot tw

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Anton it to is great to see a scaled out F14 with Likai engineering!

What is the scale? How much fuel will it hold?
F-14 scale : 1/7.5 , 6L fuel for twin P-80SE to P-140RX,

http://www.skymasterjet.com/f14.htm
Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys, someone that understands, please explain. I watched all of the vids of the prototype flying. How can it possibly fly so well with the wings forward AND with the wings swept aft? Anton takes off and lands on one flight with the wings AFT THE ENTIRE FLIGHT!!! With the extreme aerodynamic center shift caused by wing sweep, how is this possible? Anyone know?

Congratulations Anton! It looks marvelous!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
pilot tw

test the swing wing machine:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTI3NTM2NzU2.html
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

You guys, someone that understands, please explain. I watched all of the vids of the prototype flying. How can it possibly fly so well with the wings forward AND with the wings swept aft? Anton takes off and lands on one flight with the wings AFT THE ENTIRE FLIGHT!!! With the extreme aerodynamic center shift caused by wing sweep, how is this possible? Anyone know?

along with the aerodynamic center change, wing sweeping change also CG where it should be
Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

From some research Ive done on this the wing king pin is set at a positive forward angle so as the wings sweep back they basically add up elevator. The angle is very small about 1.5deg. Ive asked others to confirm this info but nothing yet so maybe Anton can explain their Tomcat set up and geometry for us.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 AM
WimB

Anton,

the gap on the wing looks very good!!! I'm curious for the top hatch!! on the real thing, there are hinged, spring loaded sections that keep the gap to the wing closed.... this would be very difficult to duplicate on a model though, just like the air inflated 'bags' on the fuse...

keep up the good work Anton, your F-14 has been in development for a long time, but from the looks of it, it will have been more than worth the wait... This in not a simple airplane, and in order to be a good flying machine and not a maintenance nightmare, it needs to be thought out well....

the Landing gear is a work of art as well, it copies the original in form and function, and the way it looks from the pictures it is tied in to the wing center beam as well.. this will make for a bullet-proof gear.... ever seen the footage where they drop an F-14 prototype, fully equiped from a few meter high on it's gear? now that's a testament to how the real thing was built...and this model seems like it could survive a similar test without damage.....

Wim
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 AM
WimB

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Ever seen the pictures of one of the prototypes (#6 if i remember correctly) where they tested a one wing out scenario?? one wing was locked full forward, and the other was allowed to swing back.. the plane could be perfectly flown with the wing sweeped back completely, and was even considered te be landable on a carrier at up to 60° sweep angle on one wing....

indeed, the pressure point goes back, but so does the COG. from the footage i've seen on the FEJ, the angle on the king-pin seems correct, because the wings look rather arkward when swinged back, (tip of the wing would move up...) don't think the real thing had this, but even if it needs trim, this could easily be programmed into any good transmitter.... how i'd love to program this thing into my Graupner MC-32.......

Wim
Old 03-16-2013, 02:12 AM
WimB

Anton,

Will the wing sweep be a proportional control??

Wim
Old 03-16-2013, 03:09 AM
pilot tw

Anton,

the gap on the wing looks very good!!! I'm curious for the top hatch!! on the real thing, there are hinged, spring loaded sections that keep the gap to the wing closed.... this would be very difficult to duplicate on a model though, just like the air inflated 'bags' on the fuse...

keep up the good work Anton, your F-14 has been in development for a long time, but from the looks of it, it will have been more than worth the wait... This in not a simple airplane, and in order to be a good flying machine and not a maintenance nightmare, it needs to be thought out well....

the Landing gear is a work of art as well, it copies the original in form and function, and the way it looks from the pictures it is tied in to the wing center beam as well.. this will make for a bullet-proof gear.... ever seen the footage where they drop an F-14 prototype, fully equiped from a few meter high on it's gear? now that's a testament to how the real thing was built...and this model seems like it could survive a similar test without damage.....

Wim
we had an idea for the top hatch, we will try cut the live in hinge for the Gap of top hatch, this will make the gap to the wing closed like real things,

Old 03-16-2013, 03:17 AM
pilot tw

Anton,

Will the wing sweep be a proportional control??

Wim
the Likai already told me that will make the proportional control box for sweep machine.,

Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 AM
pilot tw

Wim
yes, Likai just told me , after test flight that we will drop this F-14 with the fuel from 60-80CM high for test the LG, and will show the test drop video here..

Old 03-16-2013, 05:28 AM
WimB

Anton,

thx very much on the feedback!

It's great to see you go through a lot of work to offer us a well sorted out plane!! If it flies near as good as my SM F-15, it will be a winner!!!

Wim
Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

From some research Ive done on this the wing king pin is set at a positive forward angle so as the wings sweep back they basically add up elevator. The angle is very small about 1.5deg. Ive asked others to confirm this info but nothing yet so maybe Anton can explain their Tomcat set up and geometry for us.
That is the most make since thing i have ever heard, never even thought about that. Cool stuff
Old 03-16-2013, 07:59 AM
mtnflyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever seen the pictures of one of the prototypes (#6 if i remember correctly) where they tested a one wing out scenario?? one wing was locked full forward, and the other was allowed to swing back.. the plane could be perfectly flown with the wing sweeped back completely, and was even considered te be landable on a carrier at up to 60° sweep angle on one wing....
One wing swept aft carrier landing was never even discussed nor practiced in the simulator in the F-14 community. It wasn't even in the emergency procedures for field landing as I remember. The problem is that the landing speed would be too high for a carrier landing and you couldn't use the barricade arrestment because with one wing aft the barricade would have only caught the forward swept wing - a disaster.
Back to the model - can't wait to see the finished product! Between the wing sweep stability and scale-like landing gear, this should be an awesome model.
Can't believe Anton is flying an all white airplane in a hazy overcast in the video!
Regards,
Gus
Old 03-16-2013, 08:11 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

Yeah, I'd like to know as well.

I have flown the smaller DCU/Jet Mart F-14 and you indeed needed some up elevator trim when the wings went back. This was programmed into my radio, so it was a non-event. It will be interesting to see if the SM version has the angle built in.

Anton,
Do you need slight up elevator with the wings swept or not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.