Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FLy Eagle Jet Models

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:06 PM
USSCAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLy Eagle Jet Models

Signguy,

I believe the guys have posted a few links for a video and and a writeup on how to use robart pin hinges. The centerline of the hinge almost lines up with the trailing edge of the wing (not where you put the hinge in to, the top and bottom that is extending out). If you do a search on rcu for '" hinging a yellow stingray " or something like that, one of the guys provided a great step by step hinging process. I think I may have it in a word or PDF format. Give me your email and I will send it to you.

The trick is to install the hinge in to the control surface and then install it in to the wing and pull it (control surface) out far enough to give you the throw that you need.

Regards,
Mike
Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Sign Guy

ORIGINAL: USSCAT

Signguy,

I believe the guys have posted a few links for a video and and a writeup on how to use robart pin hinges. The centerline of the hinge almost lines up with the trailing edge of the wing (not where you put the hinge in to, the top and bottom that is extending out). If you do a search on rcu for '" hinging a yellow stingray " or something like that, one of the guys provided a great step by step hinging process. I think I may have it in a word or PDF format. Give me your email and I will send it to you.

The trick is to install the hinge in to the control surface and then install it in to the wing and pull it (control surface) out far enough to give you the throw that you need.

Regards,
Mike
Thanks for the quick response on this. I feel I'm probablly making this harder than it needs to be
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

Recently talked to TBM—as you all may know, the F-16 that we have is basically a beta version—in two months or so, the next version will appear: scale tri-pod landing gear, drop tanks, scale cockpit, bla, bla, bla, with optional operational canopy. Intro price via TBM $1600 or so, then price goes up to $1800 or so. They already ordered 100 first go ‘round. Just thought you’d like to know. I’m kool with our version—can’t have the latest in everything.
Mr DJ,
Is the new version the same size as their first F16 offer? Several threads back I thought someone stated the scale gear will go into a larger version of their F-16. Do you know if the intro offer by TBM of 1600 includes all the updates you mentioned above? I already have the first version "16" scheduled to arrive in 3-5 days. I may trade out for the newer version if it is the same dimensions. I have a JC Rabbit on order for June that will go into this machine and if this newer version is bigger I have some decisions to make.
Regards,Keith
Old 03-20-2008, 02:00 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Mr DJ,

Your falcon is arriving at the end of this month, and will be heading out to you. It's good that you are close to FEJ Office. In case of any damages during shipping, they can replace it in no time for you. hopefully our repack is good enough to avoid this problem. Tell James that I say hi.

F-18? I will fly it first before you get yours. I am closer to their factory than you are.

I told them to make sure they fly right before our club members go all out for it. Keep you money in your pocket first. You know you will get one. Don't rush, please.

I will do this low fly next time on the F18.

Mike

I just so happen to live near FEJ's US office—it has its perks I suppose. I have photos of their F-18 (sweet--did I say sweet; sorry, I meant to say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET) but I cannot and will not post them nor send them to you off-line. I promised I would not show them to anyone. Just know that it is awesome and will be worth the wait [sm=cry_smile.gif] My order is basically already placed [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69133.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	908323  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:07 AM
myersflyers
My Feedback: (33)

Mike, Is that a 86 FEJ's coming out with? If so, any info? Thx
Old 03-20-2008, 04:42 AM
mikedenilin

No, it's not. It's a JHI FJ2 ARF that I got from Larry Wolfe. I am working on getting some for our jet club. I have flown it for about 30+ times so far.

It works on P60 and Wren 44.

I hope we are not restricted to discuss just FEJ here.

I have some nice photos of these planes but some of them look too close to these skyscrapers.

This one is moderate by comparison. Am I OK to post these photos here?

Mike

Name:	Jh15429.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	908346  
Old 03-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Jgwright

Jeremy

I promised a final installation photo some while ago. Well I am now finished.

I have a 2 cell LiPo for the engine ECU and a 2 cell A123 battery for the Rx. The ecu battery is along the side of the fuselage and the A123 is in the nose. This gives me the right C of G. All I need now is some nice weather. Snow, rain and cold winds forecast.

I also attach a photo of the Sequencer.

Just noticed that I have not fixed the little Rx aerials, one more job to do.

John

Name:	Jg14211.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	908361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93296.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	908362  
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 AM
suttonr

John
looks like you have 5 electronic air valves what are they all doing or have you used 2 for down gear/doors 2 for up gear/doors and 1 brake does that mean you y lead the orbit sequencer . on another note where did you get the orbit sequencer as can not seem to find a supplier in the uk.

Rob
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Jgwright

Rob

The valves come as separate valves for each function, I need one for up and one for down. I have door cylinders and retracts so need 4, and in addition I have 1 brake valve. Yes each of the 2 pairs of valves are joined with a Y lead and these in turn are plugged into the respective branches of the sequencer. One valve is normally open and one is normally closed. The sequencer was bought direct from Orbitronic.de . I do not know anyone in the UK who stocks them.

I also have the Orbit valves for my next project and they too are very neat and light.

John
Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

John,

Why didnt you use 2 way valves ? is there an advantage when using 4 one way valves ?
Old 03-20-2008, 07:16 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you get the Orbit sequencer in the US?
Old 03-20-2008, 08:11 AM
Jgwright

13dm

Just to make it clear a pair of these valves is the same as a single Jet-tronic type valve. I just wanted to try out something new, also the lightness attracted me. The price is much the same for a pair of these valves to the single 2 way valves.

John
Old 03-20-2008, 12:17 PM
mikedenilin

You can get it from Jetpower USA,

I got a couple of these Orbit sequencers and i will try them out per John's recommendation.

Mike
Old 03-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: myersflyers

Recently talked to TBM—as you all may know, the F-16 that we have is basically a beta version—in two months or so, the next version will appear: scale tri-pod landing gear, drop tanks, scale cockpit, bla, bla, bla, with optional operational canopy. Intro price via TBM $1600 or so, then price goes up to $1800 or so. They already ordered 100 first go ‘round. Just thought you’d like to know. I’m kool with our version—can’t have the latest in everything.
Mr DJ,
Is the new version the same size as their first F16 offer? Several threads back I thought someone stated the scale gear will go into a larger version of their F-16. Do you know if the intro offer by TBM of 1600 includes all the updates you mentioned above? I already have the first version "16" scheduled to arrive in 3-5 days. I may trade out for the newer version if it is the same dimensions. I have a JC Rabbit on order for June that will go into this machine and if this newer version is bigger I have some decisions to make.
Regards,Keith
Keith

TBM said the plane will be same size as the current but with the new upgrades as standard, and then there’s the option operational canopy—I like that—I have it on my YA-F-15.

Mr DJ
Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

Hi Mr DJ,

Your falcon is arriving at the end of this month, and will be heading out to you. It's good that you are close to FEJ Office. In case of any damages during shipping, they can replace it in no time for you. hopefully our repack is good enough to avoid this problem. Tell James that I say hi.

F-18? I will fly it first before you get yours. I am closer to their factory than you are.

I told them to make sure they fly right before our club members go all out for it. Keep you money in your pocket first. You know you will get one. Don't rush, please.

I will do this low fly next time on the F18.

Mike

I just so happen to live near FEJ's US office—it has its perks I suppose. I have photos of their F-18 (sweet--did I say sweet; sorry, I meant to say SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET) but I cannot and will not post them nor send them to you off-line. I promised I would not show them to anyone. Just know that it is awesome and will be worth the wait [sm=cry_smile.gif] My order is basically already placed [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Mike

When I said I basically have mine ordered already--I was talking about from you--you're my Man

Mr DJ
Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 PM
howardcm

Mark,
I am very interested in seeing a pic of your mounting of the turbine in the tail. Mine looks to be pointed up alot and I am not sure that is correct!
I have been told to set the thrust angle at 0 in relation to the trim compensator............seems like that should right but I would really like to see a pic of yours from the side to compare with mine.

Cody
Old 03-20-2008, 07:51 PM
mikedenilin

Hi MR DJ,

Merci. F18 is a big plane and let's take it slow and make sure the factory work out all the bugs before we do low fly with it. I have a picture of low fly even lower than the last one I posted.

Mike
Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Mr DJ

I'm in no hurry, Mike... I'm broke--U got all my money

Mr DJ
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
mikedenilin

No, Yellow Aircraft got a big chunk of it. Yours are now converted in RMB. It's appreciating against USD.
Mike
Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

What kind of servo's are you guys using for the rudders on the F-15s ? Also what's the minimal torque rating one would suggest on the rudders?
Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much being said about the Rafalle being discontinued !
Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

discontinued? where did you see that?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Jeremy300
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rafale was not discontinued. Molds were damaged and new ones needs to be made but they are quite busy with other projects as well. The Rafale will return.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 AM
mark handley

Hi Cody
I had the same thing as you have with the tail mount pointing up at the rear...what i did was shimmed the front of the turbine to give 0 thrust angle....what i should have done was to modify the U shaped former before gluing to make the mount sit level but we live and learn!!!
I'm new to this posting business and will work out how to attach pics fo you but all i can say is my turbine is at 0 degrees when viewed from the side and it works a treat........i suspect if you leave it as is when powering up you would get a pitch up moment.
Regards
Mark
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
USSCAT

Mark/Cody,

If I am not mistaken the angle of the turbine setting is correct. I believe this was done to give a forward thrust when landing at high Alfa and lower speed. Some of the other more experienced jet flyers could probably add more....

Regards,
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.