Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Sin City Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sin City Jets

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sin City Jets

Hey was wondering if I could get some feed back on the guys at Sin City Jets. I want to order some stuff from them but I have called twice and get an answering machine and no calls back. I have also sent email but no reply to that. I know some of you have dealt with them and I want to get opinions on your experiences with them. As of right now I don't think I would order from them due to lack of communications. If I am having this much trouble contacting them about buying a product of theirs what difficulty am I going to have if I have to call them about a problem with an order I have in my possession. Anything good or bad you have to say might be helpful.

Patrick
Old 07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Flying freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sin City Jets

I have talked to them once he was very nice and helpful i had many question about a particular setup and he was more than willing to give me a hand. Sorry cant remeber his name off the top of my head...

Steven
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Chad has been upstanding in the two orders I have placed so I did another order just yesterday. He has answered emails in a timely manner as well.

My 2¢ worth....
Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed an order online and the software indicated that all items were in stock. It was subsequently learned that one of the items was on backorder. Chad gave me a discount due to the error and promptly shipped all items that were in stock. Great customer service. I will definitely do business with Sin City Jets again.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM
jcw111

I bought some A123 RX batteries from them and had no problems at all. Chad answered all my questions and calls. Will definately do business with them again.

Jim Whitney
Old 07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

I have had 3 or 4 orders filled by Sin City. All were done On-Line using Paypal. No problems.

I believe I have read that Chad is a Law Enforcement Officer and is often out of town, but he has always notified me of any delays in shipment.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

I also ordered last week and found out the item I needed, was back ordered,
E-mail came later that day.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
SinCityJets

Patrick,

If you have sent any emails, I haven't gotten them, and if you've called, you haven't left any messages. I try to be very good about returning calls and emails ASAP.

Feel free to call me any time. 702.521.8010. If I can't answer right away, I'll call you right back!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:46 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My question that I emailed/called about was the following:

1. Can your 9.9v battery be used in a trex 450 to replace a 11.1 volt lipo.
2. And what is the availability of your 6.6v 2300 battery with cell pro balancing lead.

Thanks,

patrick
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 PM
SinCityJets

For those with similar questions, here's the reply I had just sent via email:
Patrick,

Apparantly, your emails were going to my spam filter. To answer your questions, no, the 9.9 can (should) not be used to replace a 3 cell lipo for a T-Rex. The voltage drop would be too much, the power would be reduced too much, and the weight would increase too much. A123's are terrific batteries for certain purposes, but replacing 3 and 4 cell lipo's for the purpose of powering the aircraft is not one of them

As far as the 6.6v packs, we are completely out right now! Unfortunately, I do not know when we will be getting more in stock.

Feel free to call or write with any other questions. I have removed this email address from my spam filter.

Chad
Old 07-19-2008, 10:27 AM
whaledriver
My Feedback: (154)

I've had one fairly large order with Chad...more will follow. Good communication and excellent packing. Great prices on Smart-Fly items, and you can't beat the A-123's.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:29 PM
udi maman
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought some A123 RX batteries from them and had no problems at all i bought about 10 A123 batt
chad is a very good man and his service is 100%
i am recomanding to buy from him
udi
israel