Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

How do you hold your transmitter sticks

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
Thumbs
53.13%
Thumb and Pointing finger.
46.88%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

How do you hold your transmitter sticks

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you hold your transmitter sticks

I did have a Rudder Only Pulse that Dad gave me but I traded for a EK Logitrol 3 channel, with servos the size of cigarette package.
I did get that to work. but traded that for an MRC 4 Chanel with smaller servos. I went Kraft after that...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I use my thumbs on top with my index finger resting on the front of the sticks to stabilize and assist.

Regardless of what method you use.. I'd recommend ALWAYS using at least a strap to hold the weight of the Tx. This way your hands are free to only move the sticks instead of trying to control the sticks as well as supporting the weight of the Tx.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs for the sensitive ones, fingers when working with details.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

I use my thumbs on top with my index finger resting on the front of the sticks to stabilize and assist.

Regardless of what method you use.. I'd recommend ALWAYS using at least a strap to hold the weight of the Tx. This way your hands are free to only move the sticks instead of trying to control the sticks as well as supporting the weight of the Tx.
When I started flying radio control airplanes nobody used a strap or a tray ("nobody", of course, means "I don't remember anyone").)

That is how I've done it for over 35 years and any other way just doesn't feel right.

One time while flying, I was hit by an out-of-control plane...dead center of my ankle. While I was falling I was able to throw my transmitter to a buddy who was standing next to me. So he's got my transmitter and he's looking at me writhing on the ground and yelling, "You all right?" "FLY THE DAMN PLANE!", I gently whispered.

In this particular instance not using a strap helped to save my plane but that shouldn't preclude strap use if that is more comfortable for you.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bob, I once ended up in the very same situation!!!