Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

ORIGINAL: warbird51

ORIGINAL: Jeti

FlyEagleJet F-15 video, now turned to follow detailed photo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxakW0i20pY

WOW!!! That video really shows the problem. That is totally inadaquite wing construction for a turbine powered model. Heck, that is not good enough for a .40 two stroke sport model in my opinion. I'll avoid any FEJ jet after seing that!!!

Strange, the video has quickly been removed from youtube by the poster.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:25 AM
cavandish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just come across this thread and read from front to back, WHAT A BLAST ! you have a dude, stringing you all along, who is "days away from a promotion to GS-14 in the US Government" and has lived in mountains with Germans !
Old 11-10-2009, 09:33 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Shaun,

There was no teasing involved. If any teasing was directed at anyone...I directed some at myself splatting the ones that I have. I simply asked for clarification on a question that has been asked by MANY different people for a long period of time. In response to those questions, a "Here is a video of me flying a jet...see" video was offered up. The jet in the video (a Shock Jet) was destroyed in a crash shortly thereafter, the engine severely damaged ETC (which probably pales in comparison to some of my own handiwork BTW).

Beave

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Bevar: Like all of us, I'm sure DJ wants to fly his plane (whatever it is) because it's fun and it adds some joy to his life. Teasing someone about a crash seems pretty base, if not even a little indecent. Have a little ruth for goodness' sake...[:'(]
Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

Have a little ruth for goodness' sake...[:'(]

+1, that Ruth ain't a half bad ole broad, she does insist that you have couth though.

LOL,

Now THAT'S rich....an English and Language Arts lesson from KC! I meant "ruth", not "couth." Maybe you ought to whip out your tiny little dickshunairy and look it up... [X(]
Old 11-10-2009, 11:42 AM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Vetagator,

I don’t disagree with your logic and you were fortunate to be surrounded by a fantastic group of people, however, the term REPRESENTATIVE does not mean technical expert. I have found the best reps to be enthusiastic about their product and I am sure that each of the persons you listed went through a learning/growing curve and none of them started out as experts.

MR DJ has never offered to build or fly the aircraft for anyone. As for BVM, on the one occasion of making his acquaintance I found him to be rude and dismissive to someone young and excited about the hobby. If I based the product on the rep I would never touch his product, however, I consider his product to be top notch.

I too purchased a Ram 1000 as my first flying turbine against the advice of a person I consider to be a mentor in the hobby from trainers to turbines. Well as we all know I would have been better served to have listened to him and keep the Jetcat, this was after my Roo landed with a three foot flame spewing from a powerful but troubled engine with a poor track record.

As for having someone maiden my jets…it’s my money, my loss, my joy. No one drives my cars, my wife’s, or my jets. Actually I wouldn’t care what the guy was representing, I would need to see competence in flying before I would trust anyone, so in the beginning only my mentor was allowed to touch my sticks as I knew he was “most likely” to produce success.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:44 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

ORIGINAL: warbird51

ORIGINAL: Jeti

FlyEagleJet F-15 video, now turned to follow detailed photo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxakW0i20pY

WOW!!! That video really shows the problem. That is totally inadaquite wing construction for a turbine powered model. Heck, that is not good enough for a .40 two stroke sport model in my opinion. I'll avoid any FEJ jet after seing that!!!

Strange, the video has quickly been removed from youtube by the poster.

Of course it would be removed. Why would FEJ want that posted when all it does is show what a totally sub-standard wing design and construction looks like. That video more than anything, was most likely the reason for FEJ to "do right" by jeti. That video scares the hell out of me. So, what about the other FEJ jets still flying with that dagerous construction still out there. I guess I need to be more observant on what brand of jet is flying when I'm at a jet meet. I think all jet mfg's need to post pics on their web site showing the construction detail of wings/stabs. etc. I think if FEJ has indeed up-dated their design and constuction methods, they need to show proof of that so people will have confidance in their products again. SCARY INDEED!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

Jeti,
Please repost or PM with the video.

I too have an older FEJ F-15 and would like to see what happened.

I haven't built my F-15 yet and it too is an older version. I would like to know what I need to do to make certain what happened to you doesn't happen to my F-15.

thanks,
ALlen
Old 11-11-2009, 11:05 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Phantoman

Jeti,
Please repost or PM with the video.

I too have an older FEJ F-15 and would like to see what happened.

I haven't built my F-15 yet and it too is an older version. I would like to know what I need to do to make certain what happened to you doesn't happen to my F-15.

thanks,
ALlen
All the details of the problem with the F-15 wing attachment and how to fix it are here - [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8950315]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8950315[/link] - have been for quite some time. Unfortunately, not everybody sees it and stuff like this happens. Follow my example and all will be well with your FEJ F-15 wing - at least mine have been since I did the fix and I thrash mine around pretty hard...

Bob
Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

Bob,

Thank you for the heads up.

Allen