Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC Jets International Magazine

I realize this might not be the proper area to post this but I'm hoping someone can assist me. Don't let the small post count fool you, I am just more active on RC Groups and RC Canada.

I cannot get the magazine RC Jets International here where I live and I'm hoping someone who has access to this mag could find and send me the June/July issue. Obviously with a small finders fee and the shipping cost sent to them for their trouble. Please PM me if this is possible. I would owe you one.

I desperately want to read the article on the P120SX (a review) but I am not signing up for a subscription as I've tried that once and never received the magazine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Jets International Magazine

If you get really stuck I will scan it and email it to you, Gary
    Stuka, P51, Super Chipmunk, Super Stearman R170, BE2e, Javelin, F16, L39, F86, Viperjet and at long last an F4!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Gary!

Highhorse is going to scan the article for me as well. I truly wish they offered an online version of the magazine. I don't mind paying the subscription cost at all but after receiving nothing, I am hesitant to try again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Pete,
    More than happy to send a full magazine, or copy, for the trouble you have had - just send me an address and I will get a copy on its way.

Dave Burns
    Manager, Traplet Publications Australia
    IJMC Rep. Australia/New Zealand

sales@traplet.com.au
    ITS NOT THE HAND YOUR DEALT IN LIFE, ITS THE WAY YOU PLAY THE CARDS THAT COUNTS.....................

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love RCJI alot !!!! Great magizine. But I have been hearing stories like this for YEARS !!!!!! What is their problem ???!@!!!! Over and over I hear people don't get them from their subscription, or can't find them them on shelf... I don't get it... Is it just here in the U.S. or this going on everywhere?? Somebody has got to know something... So come on,.. Give it up... What gives here ?????

Danno

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Subscription to RCJI works fine here in the UK. Needed a phone call to kick start it but no problem since.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been getting it for a number of years, by subsrciption, without a problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

I love RCJI alot !!!! Great magizine. But I have been hearing stories like this for YEARS !!!!!! What is their problem ???!@!!!! Over and over I hear people don't get them from their subscription, or can't find them them on shelf... I don't get it... Is it just here in the U.S. or this going on everywhere?? Somebody has got to know something... So come on,.. Give it up... What gives here ?????

Danno
    I agree, it's a great magazine but too much of a hassle for many of us.

A no-kidding, physical rep/distributor, with address and phone number here in the US/North America would really be nice. Somebody you could actually call/contact/subscribe/renew with etc. Surely there are enough potential subscribers in the US to make that feasible at least as a side business?

No offense to our UK/Australian/New Zealand friends but something just seems to get lost across the oceans with RCJI.

Craig

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

I realize this might not be the proper area to post this but I'm hoping someone can assist me. Don't let the small post count fool you, I am just more active on RC Groups and RC Canada.

I cannot get the magazine RC Jets International here where I live and I'm hoping someone who has access to this mag could find and send me the June/July issue. Obviously with a small finders fee and the shipping cost sent to them for their trouble. Please PM me if this is possible. I would owe you one.

I desperately want to read the article on the P120SX (a review) but I am not signing up for a subscription as I've tried that once and never received the magazine.

No need to review!! The JC 120SX is one bad ***** turbine...
    JETCAT USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Totally agree. I have tried to subscribe twice. Never got a single issue.
    Steve G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

LOL ya ya. It's also much heavier and has less thrust than some of the competition, and possibly uses more fuel as well. Oh and costs more if that's what you meant by the kicks *****. The days of just jumping in and saying "Jetcat is the best for everything" is over. That's not to say the turbine isn't excellent as I own a P80SE and it's fantastic. But these days I think there might be some better options depending on the situation and the reviews in RCJI will help me decide. That and it's very frustrating to go to the jetcat website and see the listed fuel consumption at WOT and know it's total BS. RCJI will fill me in and tell me what the facts really are as fuel consumption in this case is vital to me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

From http://www.traplet.com/contact/?x=4078 might be worth checking out for you guys on the left side of the pond.

USA office

North & South America, & Canada

General enquiries:

Telephone: (217) 355-2970
    Email: usa@traplet.com
    Fax: (217) 351 4135

Address:

Traplet Distribution USA Ltd
    PO Box 6178
    Champaign
    IL 61826
    USA

Opening Hours:

Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 14:00 CST
    Sat/Sun: Closed
    Sverrir G. - Icelandic Volcano Yeti

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I truly wish they offered an online version of the magazine. I don't mind paying the subscription cost at all but after receiving nothing, I am hesitant to try again.

Same here! I haven't received an issue since late Fall and I have about 10 months left on my subscription.

I've read a similar thread about this problem in the past here.... and now I'm a victim of it. I've read that calling them does almost no good, so I didn't even bother with them.

They took my money with no trouble, but they didn't finish the 'job'. I can't stand thieves [:@]
    Mike * Intercepting The Localizer* AMA# 365566
    Bud Nosen C-310 Club #32 * J.P.O. Member 2302

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

LOL ya ya. It's also much heavier and has less thrust than some of the competition, and possibly uses more fuel as well. Oh and costs more if that's what you meant by the kicks *****. The days of just jumping in and saying ''Jetcat is the best for everything'' is over. That's not to say the turbine isn't excellent as I own a P80SE and it's fantastic. But these days I think there might be some better options depending on the situation and the reviews in RCJI will help me decide. That and it's very frustrating to go to the jetcat website and see the listed fuel consumption at WOT and know it's total BS. RCJI will fill me in and tell me what the facts really are as fuel consumption in this case is vital to me.
    Yo Glen:

The scans are in ur email in box as I write this. I dunno which engines are better for weight and fuel than the JC's (?) but I think you'll find after reviewing the table I sent that the 120 and especially the 160 are way, way up there.

I own 5 engines from 4 mfrs, so I'm not trying to support one brand over the other. I'm just quoting the detailed data from RCJI.

Let me know if u need any more scans, Don.
    RCU Rocks, I\'\'d hate to be without it !!