Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RC Jets International Magazine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RC Jets International Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 AM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Jets International Magazine

I realize this might not be the proper area to post this but I'm hoping someone can assist me. Don't let the small post count fool you, I am just more active on RC Groups and RC Canada.

I cannot get the magazine RC Jets International here where I live and I'm hoping someone who has access to this mag could find and send me the June/July issue. Obviously with a small finders fee and the shipping cost sent to them for their trouble. Please PM me if this is possible. I would owe you one.

I desperately want to read the article on the P120SX (a review) but I am not signing up for a subscription as I've tried that once and never received the magazine.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:55 AM
madmodelman

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RC Jets International Magazine

If you get really stuck I will scan it and email it to you, Gary
Old 07-22-2010, 04:49 AM
Pepperpete

Thanks Gary!

Highhorse is going to scan the article for me as well. I truly wish they offered an online version of the magazine. I don't mind paying the subscription cost at all but after receiving nothing, I am hesitant to try again.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Dave Burns

Hi Pete,
More than happy to send a full magazine, or copy, for the trouble you have had - just send me an address and I will get a copy on its way.

Dave Burns
Manager, Traplet Publications Australia
IJMC Rep. Australia/New Zealand

[email protected]
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love RCJI alot !!!! Great magizine. But I have been hearing stories like this for YEARS !!!!!! What is their problem ???!@!!!! Over and over I hear people don't get them from their subscription, or can't find them them on shelf... I don't get it... Is it just here in the U.S. or this going on everywhere?? Somebody has got to know something... So come on,.. Give it up... What gives here ?????

Danno
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 AM
alasdair

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Subscription to RCJI works fine here in the UK. Needed a phone call to kick start it but no problem since.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
youngguy
My Feedback: (7)

I've been getting it for a number of years, by subsrciption, without a problem.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

I love RCJI alot !!!! Great magizine. But I have been hearing stories like this for YEARS !!!!!! What is their problem ???!@!!!! Over and over I hear people don't get them from their subscription, or can't find them them on shelf... I don't get it... Is it just here in the U.S. or this going on everywhere?? Somebody has got to know something... So come on,.. Give it up... What gives here ?????

Danno
I agree, it's a great magazine but too much of a hassle for many of us.

A no-kidding, physical rep/distributor, with address and phone number here in the US/North America would really be nice. Somebody you could actually call/contact/subscribe/renew with etc. Surely there are enough potential subscribers in the US to make that feasible at least as a side business?

No offense to our UK/Australian/New Zealand friends but something just seems to get lost across the oceans with RCJI.

Craig
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

I realize this might not be the proper area to post this but I'm hoping someone can assist me. Don't let the small post count fool you, I am just more active on RC Groups and RC Canada.

I cannot get the magazine RC Jets International here where I live and I'm hoping someone who has access to this mag could find and send me the June/July issue. Obviously with a small finders fee and the shipping cost sent to them for their trouble. Please PM me if this is possible. I would owe you one.

I desperately want to read the article on the P120SX (a review) but I am not signing up for a subscription as I've tried that once and never received the magazine.

No need to review!! The JC 120SX is one bad ***** turbine...
Old 07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
tothemax

Totally agree. I have tried to subscribe twice. Never got a single issue.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

LOL ya ya. It's also much heavier and has less thrust than some of the competition, and possibly uses more fuel as well. Oh and costs more if that's what you meant by the kicks *****. The days of just jumping in and saying "Jetcat is the best for everything" is over. That's not to say the turbine isn't excellent as I own a P80SE and it's fantastic. But these days I think there might be some better options depending on the situation and the reviews in RCJI will help me decide. That and it's very frustrating to go to the jetcat website and see the listed fuel consumption at WOT and know it's total BS. RCJI will fill me in and tell me what the facts really are as fuel consumption in this case is vital to me.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Selleri

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From http://www.traplet.com/contact/?x=4078 might be worth checking out for you guys on the left side of the pond.

USA office

North & South America, & Canada

General enquiries:

Telephone: (217) 355-2970
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (217) 351 4135

Address:

Traplet Distribution USA Ltd
PO Box 6178
Champaign
IL 61826
USA

Opening Hours:

Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 14:00 CST
Sat/Sun: Closed
Old 07-22-2010, 08:52 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I truly wish they offered an online version of the magazine. I don't mind paying the subscription cost at all but after receiving nothing, I am hesitant to try again.

Same here! I haven't received an issue since late Fall and I have about 10 months left on my subscription.

I've read a similar thread about this problem in the past here.... and now I'm a victim of it. I've read that calling them does almost no good, so I didn't even bother with them.

They took my money with no trouble, but they didn't finish the 'job'. I can't stand thieves [:@]
Old 07-23-2010, 01:08 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

LOL ya ya. It's also much heavier and has less thrust than some of the competition, and possibly uses more fuel as well. Oh and costs more if that's what you meant by the kicks *****. The days of just jumping in and saying ''Jetcat is the best for everything'' is over. That's not to say the turbine isn't excellent as I own a P80SE and it's fantastic. But these days I think there might be some better options depending on the situation and the reviews in RCJI will help me decide. That and it's very frustrating to go to the jetcat website and see the listed fuel consumption at WOT and know it's total BS. RCJI will fill me in and tell me what the facts really are as fuel consumption in this case is vital to me.
Yo Glen:

The scans are in ur email in box as I write this. I dunno which engines are better for weight and fuel than the JC's (?) but I think you'll find after reviewing the table I sent that the 120 and especially the 160 are way, way up there.

I own 5 engines from 4 mfrs, so I'm not trying to support one brand over the other. I'm just quoting the detailed data from RCJI.

Let me know if u need any more scans, Don.