RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

Newskin78 01-14-2013 02:40 PM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Well just because it was free it does not mean that it should be wrong. I'm sure you made money off the deal. I also got the kit for free and it was the new one with everything perfect.

ModellbauUK 01-14-2013 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Newskin78

Well just because it was free it does not mean that it should be wrong. I'm sure you made money off the deal. I also got the kit for free and it was the new one with everything perfect.
Nothing wrong with the kit. Just needs a bit of extra work to get it flight ready. Nothing complicated. The Black & Yellow V3 is what it is a very good model when completed. As always if anyone isn't happy with the VT80 with free Tornado deal they can return both for a full refund.

Ian
<br type="_moz" />

5skyhawk172 01-14-2013 03:52 PM

I've got the yellow and black v3 and with a little extra work I'm confident I can make a very nice model out of it.

ModellbauUK 01-14-2013 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 5skyhawk172

I've got the yellow and black v3 and with a little extra work I'm confident I can make a very nice model out of it.
Don't know of anyone who has gotten over the minor hurdles with either the V2 or V3 assembly who was not happy with the flying characteristics of the model. It really is that good.

Minor niggles seem to have finally been taken on board and by the sound of it the V3 version 2 (Version 4?) is spot on.

Ian
<br type="_moz" />

TUMBLER 01-14-2013 04:24 PM

Where are all the pics of the v3? I havent even seen a blue and yellow one yet.

BlueBus320 01-14-2013 04:28 PM

+1!

uixkes 01-14-2013 04:35 PM

Hi Ian

As I said in my post I think the tornado is a great Jet and to get it free with the turbine is absolute fantastic. I was after the turbine in the first place and took the Jet as a freebie.

The turbine I wanted for a different Jet, that is why I tried to sell the Tornado but as there were no takers I decided to build it.

I decided to post my findings as I was a little bit frustrated during the first stages of the build. I know all of the issues were discussed in length and i am sure I will get the Jet into flying condition.
It's just so frustrating when you have to fiddle and play around to make things work.

Can't wait to get that turbine started for the first time. That replacement mount makes live much easier.

I will report again when the Jet is ready and the maiden done.

Ulrich

Modellbau USA 01-14-2013 06:30 PM

I'm sorry guys that's my fault for the pictures. I will take pictures of the blue scheme tomorrow. We are very busy building 7 airplanes for Florida Jets. We have several customers that want airplanes to fly at the event so it's a little bit crazy at the moment but I will post pictures tomorrow.

BlueBus320 01-15-2013 10:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Tornado arrived today. First impression when opening the box was "wow, this is a lot of jet for the money". I planned on selling it to offset the price of my P-100, but after a quick inspection & trial fit, I think I would regret it. So, another project on the table I guess. I'm going to FJ 2013 to see the Modellbau team put this thing through its paces
I'll try to post a pic or 2.
Jay

Dieselman1220 01-15-2013 11:12 PM

Very nice mine is waiting for me when I get home tomorrow. I see the motor mount is no longer pre installed?

BaldEagel 01-16-2013 02:47 PM

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

Where are all the pics of the v3? I havent even seen a blue and yellow one yet.
I think it may be the one on the cover of RCJI this issue look here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11372083/tm.htm supplied by ModellbaueUK to RCJI to test as a trainer.

Mike

Modellbau USA 01-17-2013 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry it took so long to get pictures but we are swamped. Below is the Blue/yellow Scheme.

chrispol 01-17-2013 01:57 PM

Looks good, the booms don't look all wavy like my original v3, were the servo mounts fixed also for rudder/elevator?

Also since your building a few pictured build log would be great for everyone + closeup pics..... just a thought

Modellbau USA 01-17-2013 02:53 PM

Actually we are working on a update to the manual gor the V3 at the moment it should be done very soon.

corndog2 01-17-2013 02:55 PM

Why is the canopy red whenred not a main colour on the plane. I think this looks a little odd

david robinson 01-17-2013 03:38 PM

I like the red canopy on the blue plane becuase it matches the decals on it. Same thing with the red palne with blue canopy with blue stickers. Its a matter of opinion but thats the way the color scheme is so its to late either take it or leave it.

Newskin78 01-17-2013 03:45 PM

I agree with Dave I like the Red canopy as well I got that scheme and it looks very nice. The pictures that Henry put up dont do the finish justice, the plane is very well finished and the paint is excellent.

BlueBus320 01-17-2013 06:04 PM

Are the instructions available online? I didn't see any in my kit.

phantom_najd 01-17-2013 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: BlueBus320

Are the instructions available online? I didn't see any in my kit.
Here is the instructions that are available online [link=http://www.modellbauusa.com/images/downloads/Tornado%20Manual.pdf]Tornado Manual[/link] they belong to V1 but really the only difference is the servos mounts.

Azzam

BlueBus320 01-17-2013 08:40 PM

Thanks.. The supplied servo mounts are what I wanted to see though[:o]

5skyhawk172 01-18-2013 05:20 AM

The actual wood blocks that you need for wing servos and tail servos you have to supply yourself.

Modellbau USA 01-18-2013 05:45 AM

That's not correct. All hardware needed is supplied with the new kits. The New Tornado V3 are very different than the last ones. Not only in build quality like everybody has been commenting on but also with what's supplied with the kits.

jonkoppisch 01-18-2013 05:55 AM

Looking forward to getting my v3 in! Gonna be a fun summer:D

Modellbau USA 01-18-2013 06:03 AM

John your plane will ship today, you should have tracking shortly. FREE is a great price right John http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif

jonkoppisch 01-18-2013 06:07 AM

Can't beat that! Really looking forward to it:D
My k80 needs a home!