RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Change is hard (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11645673-change-hard.html)

LGM Graphix 03-23-2018 07:03 AM

Change is hard

I'm the first guy to admit I don't like change. I can accept it, but I don't often like it.
I'm just going to say it. The new RCU platform sucks. I was almost ok with dealing with the new forum although there are areas in posts I can't read due to banners covering words up. I hate that you cannot click to go to first new post instead of having to start at the very first or very last one.
but today I saw the new marketplace. ...
I click on "airplanes", can't filter to just find jets and can only see 5 or 6 ads with no next page scroll available.
Now I admit I am not computer savvy, and I hate learning new forums but I can usually figure them out. The new classifieds has me totally lost.
RCU has always had some forum issues but I find this new platform more difficult to navigate than any other forum I have ever visited. It's no wonder so many groups are popping up on Facebook.
I post this here in the jets forum as it is the forum I frequent and it is one of the busiest.
Is it just me? Have you guys found a button to take you to newest post and figured out the classifieds?
I'm willing to accept it's just me if it is, like I say I am not computer savvy at all ...

E.N.T. 03-23-2018 08:41 AM

This new platform just sucks.

hmarmaizmd717

pan 03-23-2018 09:44 AM

this is damn awfull !

DUCMOZ 03-23-2018 10:14 AM

Go to buy and sell - Click on Marker (Legacy)

B

joeflyer 03-23-2018 10:27 AM

How do I get rid of that annoying tool bar at the bottom?

mongo 03-23-2018 11:01 AM

bottom tool bar

Originally Posted by joeflyer (Post 12415244)
How do I get rid of that annoying tool bar at the bottom?

that would be my biggest question with the new forum as well

Gary Szetlak 03-23-2018 11:06 AM

change

Just becomes something is old doesn't make it bad... Just because something is new doesn't make it good

The new format is the type of format that most new software products are going to, I'm in I.T. and every new product has this awful feel to it (Blue, White, Gray). Most people that have been around for a while hate it, those that don't mind being told what to like... like it.

Vettdriver 03-23-2018 11:20 AM

Absolutely horrible.

noahb 03-23-2018 11:30 AM

Ugh

Stinks. Enough said.
i did leave feed back to add sub product type so that airplanes can then be listed as jets, 3D, etc.

bem 03-23-2018 11:37 AM

Hi,
I use Addblocker and I have not noticed any real problem using or navigating RCU.
But I do not like the new Marketplace, one can not select sub categories like before
to quickly narrow down to what one is interested in.
I have noticed RCU loads rather slow sometimes but I do not use RCU so much anymore
so it does not bother me that much.
In my country we have a RC forum that has looked the same since start 14 years ago
until today. It has the basic functions needed to post, thats it. No need to change constantly.
Now our national model flying federation has taken over that forum and I believe they
have new forum design on the way. We will se how good it will be and if they manage to migrate
tons of post and photos gathered during 14 years to the new platform, when it is done.
/Bo

noahb 03-23-2018 11:45 AM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forum-questions-problems-239/11645527-%2A%2A%2Aintroducing-all-new-rcu-marketplace-%2A%2A%2A-coming-3-21-18-a.html#post12415281

go here to leave feedback on marketplace. Hopefully they dont get lazy and mess everything up

TimD. 03-23-2018 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Szetlak (Post 12415255)
Most people that have been around for a while hate it, those that don't mind being told what to like... like it.

!! So accurate !!

Vettster 03-23-2018 01:38 PM

The new format SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have completely destroyed the Classified! Im searching for Turbine engines... I don't give a crap about buying a used OS55ax.

Is Obama and Hillary running RCU???:mad:

causeitflies 03-23-2018 04:06 PM

There should be dates under thread titles. Other than that and the little bar on the bottom my RCU is pretty much exactly as it was before including the classifieds. Am I seeing a legacy version or what?

RCISFUN 03-23-2018 04:07 PM

who in there right mind thought this was an improvement?????

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...582ad448e1.jpg
This format sucks need to be able to filter search for turbines engines and Jet aircraft, do not shut down the original....

I can see why many have given up on RCU!
If your trying to kill RCU for good, then you are succeeding...

mongo 03-23-2018 05:35 PM

may not be a problem for anyone else, but,
i used to have the default thread count to display set to 50 per page. now it is at 20, and not seeing anywhere to reset it. in forums or marketplace.

Viper1GJ 03-23-2018 05:57 PM

Horrible format. New Buy Sell is unusable to look for just jets. Only way to do it is use legacy mode. Forums much harder to move around in. Not good. Making me want to just drop RCU and move all jet stuff to RCG.

Zeeb 03-23-2018 06:12 PM

Well here is what I left on the comment pages, most likely won't do any good but if they don't give us back someway to detect bad or fraudulent sellers or buyers, I won't be using the website other than the Jet Forum any more.

"These changes are just a total joke. Above and beyond most of the comments already made; seller feedback scores are a MUST. When the seller joined the forum is a MUST. With all the fraud that's been going on here with bogus sellers and you take away our tools to help spot them? What's the matter with you people?

Dumping all our seller feedback ratings is a crock as well, what do you mean "we're trying to save them"?
Where are the "offers made" and whether they were accepted or refused?
Where is the "Wishlist"?
Where is the "book values" section?

If there are not any changes made to the above issues, I damn sure won't be buying, selling or advertising here again."

reo 03-23-2018 07:00 PM

I can't even find my active and archived ads, if ratings accumulated over 15 years are gone who's going to buy anything from anyone on this forum? This isn't about accepting change or not, this is about offering something that is user friendly to work with......and this isn't.

Vettdriver 03-24-2018 04:53 AM

Can’t filter by product subsets. (Same issue as everyone)
Can only filter by geography once you have picked a category (I liked seeing everything for sale around me)
User ratings (as others have stated)

The people responsible for this are obviously not active modelers

RCG has to be doing a happy dance right now.

gooseF22 03-24-2018 04:57 AM

oh my.. I just logged in.. absolute crap

sirrom 03-24-2018 08:24 AM

Ok so want sure what everyone was complaining about, but finally refreshed my browser and saw what everyone is looking at and WOW...what a piece of garbage the new site is. It was designed by someone who has no idea of how a site should be designed, or they used a cookie cutter template. I think I will be moving more to RCGroups and FlyingGiants look for stuff. I have to echo everyone else's complaints about the new site. Who ever is in charge needs to read what people are saying and fix the issue.

Patrick

paulsf86 03-24-2018 10:59 AM

Even bigger mess than I thought. + on picture does not work, cannot see offers, offers hard to make now, sub categories gone, and worst of all, cannot log in without giving them permission to permanently keep your login, aint gonna happen. By by RCU

TimD. 03-24-2018 11:04 AM

classifieds are useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!

uLTRASPORT1000 03-24-2018 11:33 AM

It sucks. Who asked for it?