RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   A few pics from Wroughton (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/5943833-few-pics-wroughton.html)

CJ2002 11-07-2009 07:19 PM

RE: A few pics from Wroughton

1 Attachment(s)
Few pics...Jason's Bandit, Jamie's Bandit (Navy one), Jamie's Bobcat and the real Brokeback Twins ...what was Geoff saying to Jason? Answers on a postcard...! Geoff especially asked for the wun-wing-lo shot of Jase's Bandit!

Edited 'cos I couldn't tell the difference between a Bandit and Bobcat!

jonathang 11-07-2009 07:22 PM

hi all we put a jet meeting on a elevington this year and the jma turn out was piss poor the weather was spot on all weekend, after talking to people the main reason is the jma wont come much north than birmingham that is the truth, any one jumping in after this the only one who comes year after year is jeff white,how can the jma say to members we are looking for new places to fly at when you turn down such a premier place to fly at regards jonathan

Geoff White 11-07-2009 07:28 PM

Dick,I am saying to Jase 'You see Dick is pointing his camera at us, I am going to put my hands in my pockets so I can blame that for my bulge'.

And there must have been one hell of a crosswind, After all why else would you be landing with that amount of bank on jase(oh and its a bandit Dick not a bobcat):D

Andy Sheldon 11-07-2009 08:02 PM

Jason

Nice approach!

Andy

jason 11-08-2009 03:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Andy Sheldon

Jason

Nice approach!

Andy

Andy

it was not an approach it was actually part of a low level gear out curcuit and Dick happened to take the shot over the runway. Honest.....

Jason

Jamie C 11-08-2009 11:25 AM

Some great pics there Dick! . . . . . have you got anymore?

Jase, You took a quite a bit of video albeit on your phone . . . did come out alright?

tp777fo 11-08-2009 11:41 AM

Great looking Avonds F-104. What a peach of a flyer. One would never imagine a jet with that small of a wing would fly so well. Nice job!

CJ2002 11-08-2009 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Jamie C

Some great pics there Dick! . . . . . have you got anymore?

Jase, You took a quite a bit of video albeit on your phone . . . did come out alright?
I took loads more Jamie but the light was pretty poor and, even though I flipped between auto, shutter and aperture priorities to get the best out of it, the reminder weren't any better than the few I posted. Presumably you'll be with us next weekend if the weather's good, so I'll have another go then...or if Lozza's there with his light grabbing monster lens, I can leave the camera in its bag!

Cheers,

Dick

Jamie C 11-08-2009 12:26 PM

I will be there!! i just hope some half decent weather will be aswell.

Jamie C 12-06-2009 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Managed to get to Wroughton on saturday and met up with Dick and Geoff, we got some flights in before the weather put a stop to our fun! Geoff's new Feibao F-5E Tiger in RNoAF tigermeet markings powered very nicely buy a Jetcat P160SX flew very well and looked great with the external stores . . . 160 flew it with authority, was very impressed with the smooth start up on this motor. Only managed a couple of pics but i think Dick has more.

Geoff White 12-06-2009 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Jamie,

Dick will post a few more piccies but he sent me this one.

IB 12-06-2009 06:44 PM

Looks superb Geoff, the Management is letting me out on Friday and the end of the week forcast is looking good, might we see it then ?

Ian B

Geoff White 12-07-2009 02:01 AM

Morning Ian,

Yes, I will have it with me on Friday.

Geoff.

CJ2002 12-27-2009 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good day out on Boxing Day ... Lozza, Ian Bailey & Grandson George, Geoff (AKA Trapper...see his new hat!), Jamie Cuff, Jason Fletcher and YT turned out for a great day's entertainment!

Jason let us all have a go with his tiny John Wright Nano powered Sabre (magic little thing...real fun to fly, although the 240K rpm at max did cross my mind a few times!), Geoff experienced the drag characteristics of his F5 with the engine off, Lozza got over the nerves of having not flown since September (his flying's always smooth though)...managed to get him to take some pics of my Velox too...Jamie creamed his Bobcat about professionally, as always, as did Ian with his Elan.

The weather was OK, not too cold...overcast skies made for difficult photography, but here are a few anyway...

Cheers,

Dick
England

PS...got a leave pass for tomorrow too, so the fun goes on!

CJ2002 12-27-2009 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more, including the tiny engine in Jase's F-86...

lozza1965 12-27-2009 08:51 AM

Dick an enjoyable day out, still feeling a tad under the weather after being forced to use a Cannon camera [X(][X(], was good to get back on the sticks again, highlight of the day for me Geoff's thundering low and close pass with his Tiger oh to have had my camera.

Thanks for the company and Happy New year wishes too you all, catch up next year

lozza

HarryC 12-27-2009 09:25 AM

Well done chaps, wish I could have been with you but am stuck down in Devon and will be next weekend too [:o]

CJ2002 12-27-2009 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: lozza1965

Dick an enjoyable day out, still feeling a tad under the weather after being forced to use a Cannon camera [X(][X(], was good to get back on the sticks again, highlight of the day for me Geoff's thundering low and close pass with his Tiger oh to have had my camera.

Thanks for the company and Happy New year wishes too you all, catch up next year

lozza
Harry,

You need to adjust priorities mate! Loz, don't feel bad...tell you what, I'll take that Nicorette thing off your hands for 25 quid...but only if you throw in that 'big' lens!

Dick

lozza1965 12-27-2009 11:44 AM

Um lets have a think ummmmmmmm Dream on

Goeff i got a CO2 of yours here sorry chap i'll get it back to you, mines full up so blast away, i'll just get some more from work

lozza

lozza1965 12-27-2009 11:48 AM

ORIGINAL: HarryC

Well done chaps, wish I could have been with you but am stuck down in Devon and will be next weekend too [:o]

[sm=48_48.gif][sm=48_48.gif]

lets have a bet on next years absense ' love to be their guys but the babies playing up'

Harry this means your house is unoccupied, right who wants what [sm=angry_smile.gif]

See you soon chap and wheres my bloody pressie

lozza

Jamie C 12-27-2009 12:41 PM

I look quite shocked in that photo . . . do not know why? maybe it was the prospect of having to handle a 14MZ!! :D Another very enjoyable day at Wroughton, i was very impressed with the performance of the 'Wright Sprite' had plenty of go! and the throttling was also very good, really enjoyed that flight! looking forward to tomorrow.

HarryC 12-28-2009 07:07 AM

I hope you bring that little F-86 back again Jason, I didn't get much chance to look at it in detail at CJ a couple of weeks ago.

jason 12-28-2009 10:48 AM

The guys are back at Wroughton today but unfortunately I could not make it..

Harry, the F-86 will be back soon! It's an awful kit which would not have lasted the first flight if built as they said. Also it's got a perfectly flat bottom wing so not the best at aerobatics and actually fly’s like a low wing trainer also flying in a breeze is a no no. I think the kit is one of Curtis's (used to be Easytiger on here) The engine on the other hand is a little jewel so I'm on the lookout for the next airframe for it.

Jason

Jamie C 12-28-2009 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back at Wroughton again today, only got a handful of pics, Dick has some very good ones. Picked up a new project for the 'Somerset Skunk works' aswell.

Jamie C 12-28-2009 01:43 PM

How have i got three small pictures and one big? and how do i change it?