Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Girl Freind has Wrapped my 1st RC Savage X 4.4 until Christmas. what should I do? (cast your vote)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Girl friend should make me wait until Christmas day
75.68%
Girl friend should let me open it right now
5.41%
GF should let me open it early so I can break it in by Christmas ---
2.70%
I should wait till she is not around open it and then re wrap it ?
16.22%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Girl Freind has Wrapped my 1st RC Savage X 4.4 until Christmas. what should I do? (cast your vote)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Cliff C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girl Freind has Wrapped my 1st RC Savage X 4.4 until Christmas. what should I do? (cast your vote)

Hi Everyone
My first RC arrived (HPI Savage X 4.6) however my girl friend has wrapped it for Christmass day a whopping 20 days of looking at it wrapped up
So i am polling to see what every one thinks we/I should do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69159.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1530490  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:32 AM
sparky 25

Default RE: Girl Freind has Wrapped my 1st RC Savage X 4.4 until Christmas. what should I do? (cast your vote)

Keep it until christmas before you open it,

when my fiancee bought my 1/5 scale baja for christmas 2 years ago i open it 2 weeks before christmas,

if i had to do again i would have kept it to christmas day,

although i had other presents,

christmas day wasnt the same as what it could have been, if id only just kept the baja wraped up until then,

if you do decide to open the present early, come christmas day you will regret not having kept it to then,

im getting a few hopups for my baja for christmas and those will remain wraped up until christmas day,

this leaves christmas day alot more exciting not having seen your gift yet, well thats my opinion.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Cliff C

Default RE: Girl Freind has Wrapped my 1st RC Savage X 4.4 until Christmas. what should I do? (cast your vote)

Thanks Sparky !! not exactly the reply I was looking for but the GF loved it

Come on people vote..

To be honest I would just like to have it broke in by Christmass day and then tak it for a first spin then.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:17 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 AM
sparky 25

Thats some of the excuses i was using to get at my baja

honestly you should keep it for christmas day the opening of the present is the exciting part on christmas morning,

you will have the whole winter holiday to get to run it, and break in wont take very long at all,

im getting rpm A-arms and a kill switch from my fiancee as a gift and you talking about break in,

is like me saying that i want the hop ups installed on my baja before christmas,
Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 AM
hnasdad

Wait till Christmas!  What is wrong with you?  Your ruining the fun of christmas.....Just think how excited you will be when you get to wake up Christmas morning and get that bad boy running.   " Your gonna shoot your eye out with that thing"  Santa would be ashamed of you.   Good luck, i bet you'll have it open in a week. 
Old 12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Cliff C

A few hundred thousand more votes like this and I might consider option 1

It's better to burn out, than fade away.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:43 AM
T-MaxxxedOwt

I would wait just for the fact that youre gonna want and go run that newSavage without any judgements unless your GF gets inclined to letting you have it earlier.....You may want to take the time up til then to get familiar with the model by researching its break-in procedures and tools of the trade thats gonna be needed for wrenching on these things because most people unwrap things and try to run them first without reading the manual and that ends in disaster or disgustmost times

Heres a short list youll be needing to run it...

New AA rechargeable batteries[12] with a charger ...I use Energizer 2450mah rechargeable batteries..They last a really long time in both the rx/tx

point n aim infrared temp gun

Extra air filters..airfilters should be replaced at every fuel fill-up when running in mud or dirt..5tankfuls=5 airfilters

1 gallon of 20% Nitro fuel..i like Trinity Monster Brew and O'Donnels..Dont buy quarts from the lhs because 4 quarts will equal the price of a gallon and a halfin cash...ex: 1 qt = $15.00 / 1 gallon = $45.00

fuel squeeze bottle of atleast 500ml fuel capacity

Extra glowplugs

1 qt bottle of marvel mystery oil for after run oil.

1 can of silicone spray to clean and lube the model

Glowstick with charger for glowplugs..I use Dynamite and HSP

cleaning brushes and rags...I use small paintbrushes 1/2"-1-1/2" wide

modular storage box for tools,screws,glowplugs,cleaning brushes,assorted tywraps and extra airfilters

Hobbyshop grade tools like small screwdrivers for tuning and tightening,hex wrenches,needlenose pliers,cutters etc....The tools that come with the model only last so long

Good Luck..

Old 12-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Cliff C

Come on people VOTE

Thanks T-MaxxxedOwt

Nice Savage too

I have read the savage manual online already twice & have been researching for about this truck and nitro rc for about six or so weeks.

I have a list ready of things I need on excel with approx pricing in €

I had not thought about the spare air filters I had missed that one so thanks again

I intend to go with 5 cell hump packs for receiver from the get go, as i heard they really help compensate for the under powered servo in the savage x

<col style="width: 207pt;" width="276"></col> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"></col>
<col style="width: 207pt;" width="276"></col> <col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"></col>
Needed from day 1 €€€€
Battery stick 25
hump Pack x 2 23
6 batteries for radio 18
Chargers 30
Thread Lock 5
After run oil 10
fuel  20-25% gallon 25
Nitro Car Cleaner 10
Brush & rags 4
glow plugs medium 20
small ties for air filter + zip lock bags 3
Air Filters 12
Air Filter Oil 5
infra red temp gun 23

Kit below  25
wrench 8mm & 10mm
Glow plug starter with charger
fuel bottle 

WD-40 7
Set of Good screw Drives & hex keys 15
Needle Nosed Pliers 8
small set of sockets 20
snipps 8
Instant Cement or glue for tyres 5
Grease 5

Old 12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Mclovin350z

I didn't vote the christmas day one, but now that I think of it, you should wait because it'll be broken the next day.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:48 AM
wolfie1

if you get 1 1600mah hump pack it will be fine but i would recomend a charging jack/switch, you will get a 4 way tool with it which will fit most stuff on ur truck i would recomend a 4 way glow plug socket cause then that will fit everything else on the truck. oh the vote i think you should wait till crimbo and i could think of a few things you and the girlfriend could do to keep urselves amused till then just to take your mind off the savage but there might be kids reading this so you will have to use your imagination
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Cliff C

Keep voting please

Thanks Wolfie1 would you recommend a spare glow plug starter  ?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:31 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't need to go overboard all at once.. Just get the basics to get up and running and go from there...
Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Cliff C

Just thinking about wolfie1's
comment & he is correct I need to give the GF some attention because she will hardly ever see me once I open that savage
Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 AM
wolfie1

no a glow plug wrench like this
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...h-Large__26e8/
a spare glow plug or 2 would be a good idea, a glow starter will easily last a whole day out
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think not only should you wait, but you should spend the time looking for an exceptionally nice gift for her. Don't spend all your money now on RC supplies and have to get her bath soap for Christmas. Go for jewelry or something else very nice....maybe a digital camera (for taking pics of you and the Savage)

.....and she shouldn't have told you.....it's messing with your head......LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
TIGER76

Wait til 11.59 xmas eve then rip the paper off,gas her up and disappear out the back for break in its xmas eve no ones gonna mind your breaking a savage up the street lmao

Nah fairplay either way its there and not going anywhere m8y enjoy it [8D] ( id have a identical weighted, same papered box on standby though tbh )
Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Depends...

... post pics of the GF. Then I'll tell you.

(keep truck and GF or Keep truck and send GF to me)
Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 PM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: Argess

I think not only should you wait, but you should spend the time looking for an exceptionally nice gift for her. Don't spend all your money now on RC supplies and have to get her bath soap for Christmas. Go for jewelry or something else very nice....maybe a digital camera (for taking pics of you and the Savage)

.....and she shouldn't have told you.....it's messing with your head......LOL
i have to agree.
my wife surprised me with a savage flux hp, 3s packs, and a charger. was like 1100 dollars..shes the best....next thing i know shes convinced me to buy her a 1500 dollar ring...lol i shoulda seen that one comin eh!!
wait till christmas, should be a no brainer!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

I vote for waiting.  Just make sure you have everything xmas day....hobby stores not open that day so it would suck to blow your first glowplug (likely during break in) and not have a spare.....fun over.  Many other little details that can stall your running of the truck, so gather that stuff up first......

Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Cliff C

Ah folks your killing me here

So  be it I will be waiting until 1 second past 12 on Christmas eve.

The more suggestions the better on what could occur and potentially stop me from getting the broke in the better.

If i have all the kit how quick can i get this engine broke in. I want to do it right. but wonder is it possable to broke in, in the first day if i keep at it?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: perttime

Depends...

... post pics of the GF. Then I'll tell you.

(keep truck and GF or Keep truck and send GF to me)
I didnt know we had Shallow Hal on RCU.
I voted WAIT, Your one of the lickiest guys around with a girlfriend who will spend
their $$ for you an r/c!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Shenanigans

you can break in the engine in a few hours.  Look into the heat cycle method.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Cliff C

Shallow Hal more or less my legend
Yeah I know she is great to spend the bucks, She is being looked after well in return

The manual says to do 4 tanks other people on the web say to use many more so I am going to do about 6 tanks and then after that I will do tune and then once i am running it I will be only giving it shortish bursts on the throttle for a few more tanks (ie not raising temp too much), plan to have temp gun to hand also.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Shenanigans

the manuals break in method is fine to use, however some have shown the heat cycle method to be "better" if done correctly.  HPI likely recommends the easiest method of break in to suit its customers.  Definately something to look into before you decide on your method of break in....break in is a very important step in owning a nitro rc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.