Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

? before breaking in new fantom .18

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

? before breaking in new fantom .18

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 10:23 PM
mason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? before breaking in new fantom .18

I just got my new fantom .18 installed in my t-maxx.In the manuel they recommend trinity Monster horse power fuel.I have nearly a full gallon of this fuel,but it is about two months old.
I have always kept the top on it and have stored in tempertures ranging from 80 degrees F to 55 degrees F.The gallon jug is now sucked in alittle.......Do you think it will be ok to use this fuel to break in my new fantom????or has it got too old????.I plan to continue to use this brand of fuel since they recommend it. I found it odd that do not recommend traxxas top fuel being that this engine was designed a drop in for the t-maxx.
one more thing.....It has began to get colder here.Not too cold yet (highs in the low 60's this coming weekend).Is it ok to break in this engine in temps from 40's to 60 's (F)
Thanks
Old 11-11-2003, 10:30 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: ? before breaking in new fantom .18

It should be fine. When nitro sits for a while, it evaporates, leaving you with a higher oil content than you originally had. You shouldnt have any problems at all. However, your next gallon of fuel will probably run alot better.

Matt
Old 11-11-2003, 10:33 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Your fuel is fine. Nitro fuel can last up to 2 years in proper climate. If its only been 2 months, it fine. When the jug is sucked in alittle, it just means some of the alcohol has evaporated because you opened it already. Is the fuel still the strong, dark red colour? they don't colour the fuel for nothing....
Old 11-12-2003, 08:03 AM
miserynitro
My Feedback: (8)

Traxxas top fuel is cheap mans nitro, it is made from nitro-propolene... not exact spelling..... not from Nitro-Methane... WHY Do i know this you ask... before everyone screams!! A few people i know work in Chemical places which... are able to break down the fuel into its components.....with the proper spinners and such.... and we found how to make the fuel, and what they used..... NOW we make our own fuel, because we found the 3 special blending agents.... so yeah.. Traxxas top fuel isn't the best.... and Trinity is better..... you get what you pay for most of the time.
Old 11-12-2003, 04:42 PM
j-maxx

yea ur fuel is fine
Old 11-12-2003, 09:16 PM
mason

Thanks for all your replies...
What about breaking in the fantom with low outdoor temps...Like from around the low 40's to the low 60's?
Thanks
Old 11-12-2003, 09:32 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Thats the temp I broke in my NTC3. The tip I should say is while your truck is in the house, do all the stuff like fill the tank, prime it and all those steps. Then put on the glow starter (ignor that if you got the ez-start system) and run outside into your garage and try to get it started as quickly as possible. It is so hard to start a cold engine so work fast! If it takes too long and your engines turned cold, go back inside and let the engine warm up again and repeat those stups.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
mason

I also heard that a good trick is to heat up your engine with a hair dryer.
what do you think?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

I have heard of people heating it up with a hair dryer wich is good when you just decide to take your car out. If you already took it outside and it took to long to start your engine so you go back inside and use a hair dryer, that sudden change of tempurature can warp the piston sleeve
Old 11-13-2003, 04:36 PM
studysession

I recently broke in a motor in the mid 30's outside. No problems.