Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Rock crawler help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 06:03 PM
kennebell50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock crawler help

I just baught a Clodbuster with the Clodzilla kit and no electronics at all. It has the stock motors and thats it. I plan on using a radio,servos, and reciever that I already own. now I need a speed control and thats it I guess? All of my R/C expeirance is with Nitro and I want to get into the Rockcrawling thing. What setup should I use? Dual battery like E-maxx or single, etc?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:09 PM
**MilkMachine**

Default RE: Rock crawler help

Well, Duel battery setup is going to cost you ALOT! like your looking around $200.00 just for a ESC and 2 decent batterys.
But
If you were to go single than you should get a Duratrax Streak ESC it handles down to a 12T motor and all in between.
Thats the ESC you would want to get. It gives out high voltage and it a great Beginer are pro ESC.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:16 PM
SixVi6-Camaro

Remember the clod has 2 motors. So if you have two 20 turn motors you will need an ESC that is rated to handle a single 10t motor. With a 12t single motor limit on that duratrax esc you would have to run about a 23t turn or higher motor or else the ESC will fry. The best ESC for clods and the only one I'd ever tell anyone to get is a Novak Super Rooster and a single 6 cell pack. Yes the super rooster is expensive but it will be the last ESC you will need for a clod ever and it can handle just abot any motor combo you throw at it.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:18 PM
**MilkMachine**

O well that makes sense. I was under the impression when he said should I run a single battery are a double battery set up. so I thought that his car only has 1 motor. are can funktion on 1 motor
Old 11-24-2003, 11:53 PM
kennebell50

Well I decided against the Clod and got a TXT-1 NIB. At first I plan creeping around the house with it until winter goes away. This will be my first electric. I've had nitros for years, but The rock crawling thread and videos really caught my eye and I can use it in the house when its cold outside. For the next 5 months my state will be about -30 and snowy, so I need an in house toy.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:37 PM
kennebell50

My TXT-1 will be here in a few days. Does anybody have one of these and know of anything that I should do to it or that I should know about it?