Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN.... . ANYONE>>>????

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
Dr.Zzzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN.... . ANYONE>>>????

All CEN Owners ... Tell me about the CEN MT2.....
Old 11-26-2003, 07:36 PM
auto2

Default RE: CEN.... . ANYONE>>>????

what do you want?
need someone to convince you to buy one?
it's the best there is price /quality value.
I paid $260 for mine. Have gone through 1 1/2 gallons of fuel. Have spent maybe 125 dollers on spare parts and a roll cage.
new era hobbies and JT engerneering are making hop up parts now.
It's faster on the street than my friends 1300$ tmax with a BB.
For 14 dollers you can install a BB in it.
Very easy to work on.
It's not perfect but for the money you can't go wrong.

Oh warning if you get one don't use the stock body. save it and get a basher body to wreck.
It's 50 bucks to replace it.

next
Old 11-27-2003, 02:37 PM
mecky33

Dr. Z, I am glad to see that you are considering the MT2. It is one hell of a rig. I have had problems with mine because the guy I bought it from didn't take care of it, but it still ran even with its issues. One of the bonus's that I listed in your other post, their customer service, I have to stress now. Like I said, i bought my truck used. It was not well taken care of and the carb seat (plastic that helps seal the carb to the crank case) cracked when the kid tried to put a boost bottle on it. Well, this caused the carb to sit really loose, and caused the engine to stall out because it was running really lean. I had the carb fall off yesterday, and when I tried to fix it, the carb seat cracked so bad I couldn't fix it. I called Cen, and they want the whole engine back, because they want to make sure everything is fine, and they are also giving me a new carb for free. And once again, this is a used truck, i am not the original owner. Plus every other time that I called in with tuning problems or general questions, they were always more than happy to assist me. As far as quality of the truck, it is top notch. Cen used to make parts for other companies and a few years ago decided to make their own cars. They went about this in the right way by making great rigs for less money. The Cen is far more durable than the T-maxx, and every bit as capable as the savage, but for quite a bit less. The other nice thing about the MT2 in particular, is the fact that it doesn't require lots of hop-ups to make it fast or durable. You can pull it out of the box, do the break in, and not have to worry about wether or not you can bash it around without breaking anything. I would recommend using a different transmitter with it though, there have been problems with the transmitters having low power output. If you do have problems with the stock transmitter, Cen will replace it for you. So you don't have to upgrade right away. As far as the body goes, Pro-line makes a little thicker bodies than everyone else, so I would recommend saving the factory body and go buy a beater body until you get good at handling the truck. If you have any other questions or concerns let me know. I will be more than happy to answer them for you or even call Cen and get them to answer it for you.
Old 11-27-2003, 03:54 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Dr.Zzzzz

All CEN Owners ... Tell me about the CEN MT2.....

nice truck if you are on a budget, but the money can be better spent elsewhere.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:52 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Cen trucks have a good reputation, but before you buy one I would try to find a shop that carries parts. For some reason it seems like very few shops have them. I don't understand why more places don't have CEN products!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:35 PM
td_enterprise

Keep your eye on us for Cen info. We are getting in an MT2 next week for some project work we are doing with Cen and JT Racing products. Can you say......MT2-RR.......Stay tuned!!!!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:36 PM
CENisGREAT

[link=http://www.rcmodels.com/car---truck-accessories-replacement-parts-by-manufacturer-cen-fun-factor.html]http://www.rcmodels.com/car---truck-accessories-replacement-parts-by-manufacturer-cen-fun-factor.html[/link]
Any stock cen part you can want.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:28 PM
auto2

not meaning to "steel" this thread but If you had 2 mugen mbx4 XR's and a Cen Mt2 and 200 bucks to spend.
Would you hop up the CEn or make a mugen monster truck?
Old 11-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Razoo

I meant a local shop not an internet store. If you don't mind waiting a week or two for parts then great, Cen is the truck for you. I'll stick with what my local shops carry, and they don't carry Cen. As a matter of fact I've never been in a shop that does carry them!
Old 11-27-2003, 09:54 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Razoo

I meant a local shop not an internet store. If you don't mind waiting a week or two for parts then great, Cen is the truck for you. I'll stick with what my local shops carry, and they don't carry Cen. As a matter of fact I've never been in a shop that does carry them!
i think i'm one of the only ppl that has a LHS that carries CEN. to bad he overprices everything and doesnt know **** about the hobby! lmao
Old 11-27-2003, 10:37 PM
mecky33

Auto2, You don't really need hop-ups for the Cen. If you have two hundred bucks, and are still running the stock Transmitter I would replace that with something like the Futaba 2PEKA. Then save the rest for parts, or the new Genesis when it comes out.

Razoo, where have you been shopping for parts? I can order from www.ehobbies.com and have parts in three to five days. You also have www.toyhaus.com but their shipping is pretty spendy and they use MSRP or a little over MSRP to price all of their parts. I went through ehobbies.com when I ordered some spares for my MT2 and I had my parts in three days and I paid about ten bucks less than toyhaus.com.

Caseyddr, I would talk to your LHS about his pricing. and if nothing else call Cen about it. Also, you asked why more shops don't carry Cen? some people feel that people can better spend their money on other things than a Cen.

I have one hobby shop by me that carries a few Cen products but due to lack of interest by consumers, he cant afford to carry more. That is why it is so important that those of us that run Cen cars let others know how good their products are. and generate more support for them. I am working with Cen to get some market representation here in the Seattle area. Maybe you all should talk to Cen about what they can do in your area. Just some thoughts.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:03 AM
caseyddr

nah I've already talked to the owner about it. He seems to know how to 'pretend' he knwos what he is talking about. You shoulda heard him try and sell me the CEN FF MT2 before he knew I had more experience than him lol. I woulda bought it at 300$ which is a fair price, but somehow he said that they aren't sold anywhere for less than 350$. Well I show him a article for 270$ then rest for 280$, he still says no. Thats bad buisness.

Off of CEN's brand, he tries selling used cars also way over priced. He tried pricing a RTR Rustler electric beat up for 130$ plus tax. Surprisingly, he did!! same with a old beat up traxxas STampede. He knows how to hit the ppl that have no experience, and don't know what they are getting into.

If you wanna get CEN involved, the place is Action Hobbies in Niles Michigan. The guy is a total idiot.
Old 11-28-2003, 06:55 AM
auto2

Yes I know the CEn is good out of the box.
BUT the funny thing i purposlly bought a CEn BECAUSE there was no aftermarket for it and I wouldn't be tempted.
then new era made a roll cage...bought it. then the BB conversion, NOW JT is on hte bandwagon.....
I'm one that likes wrenching almost more than driving.
Old 11-28-2003, 02:40 PM
Clod
My Feedback: (-1)

all i can say its aewsome
Old 11-28-2003, 03:07 PM
Razoo

I went down to my LHS to pick-up a mini T (my 2nd) this morning and we talked about CEN. It seems that CEN is not distributed by anyone but themselves. Which is located I believe in California. He said he could get any CEN product or part but I would have to wait for it to be shipped from Calif. to NY (where I live). He also stated that if more people showed interest in CEN products he would start to carry some stock. CEN does seem to be picking up their advertisements lately so hopefully more interest will be generated in the near future. I'm very intrigued by their products but I like to see something close up before I buy it.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:54 PM
mecky33

Razoo, You should talk to your LHS about carrying the products now. If no one sees them they wont want to buy them. It may be a lost cause but, it would be worth it. Also, if you bought a Cen car or truck you would not be dis-satisfied. I can tell you that right now. Thanks for showing interest in Cen though. The more of us there are, the more support we can get.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:09 PM
CEN Racing

Default RE: <span class=

We thank you all for your support and thank you for choosing CEN Racing products.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:17 PM
auto2

cen racing! where ya bin?

I need help with my 2 speed.

we are discussing it here

http://www.wildhobbies.com/forum.asp
Old 11-29-2003, 07:25 PM
CEN Racing

Seems like AdamR took care of you for me. Seriously, the best way is to contact us during office hour when you have issues so we dont have to spend time to go back and forth. AdamR have lots of knowledge about our vechiles and a friend of mine.
Old 11-29-2003, 07:42 PM
auto2

sounds like a plan.