Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

new owner of Thunder Quake

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 07:59 PM
dragonwen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner of Thunder Quake

I have read a lot of forums throug out different sites about screws to metal parts need thread lock, does anyone know which ones are more critical on the Thunder Quake, please let list the part #'s. and what ever commands that you have please let me know.
thanks, Dragonwen
Old 12-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Nitro7-inactive

Default RE: new owner of Thunder Quake

thread lock all the screws on the chassis and the 2 speed tranny
Old 12-11-2003, 01:09 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: dragonwen

I have read a lot of forums throug out different sites about screws to metal parts need thread lock, does anyone know which ones are more critical on the Thunder Quake, please let list the part #'s. and what ever commands that you have please let me know.
thanks, Dragonwen

http://home-bound1.com/tqforum/index.php
Old 01-08-2004, 07:42 PM
lilspiegs08

i just got a thunder quake and just got done breaking the engine in today ITS FLIPPEN AWESOME
Old 02-01-2004, 12:58 AM
batphink21

I've had mine about a month.. blue thread lock is definitely your friend.. This is my first nitro so i don't know all the terminology, but i can tell you use thread-lock on all Metal to Metal.. even still, every time you run it you have to check for loose screws. I ran mine without thread lock, just followed the instructions that came in the box, (newbie) the 2nd bell gear almost fell off, then I lost the set screw for the front drive linkage first. all of the sudden front wheel drive wasn't working... on a wet street at that.. ate the curb pretty good.. then one of the gold screws on the bottom for the front steering.. that caused the steering to be all sloppy.. i didn't even know that one was in metal. yesterday i noticed the 2nd gear spur was starting to wear on the bell gear, after a closer look i noticed that the spur gear was loose.. took the transmission apart and all 4 screws in 2nd gear were loose, today lost a wheel because of the set screw on the hex hub. luckily I've recovered all of the lost parts.. i even found the tiny set screw in the middle of the street! what luck.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:10 AM
WSW-WYATT-EARP

you guys with the thunder quakes ... check out this site / forums ... it is dedicated to the thunder quake !!! nothing but thunder quake owners on there with alot of experience with this truck and knowledge ...

[link=http://home-bound1.com/tqforum/index.php?sid=b3157af51c4c571bdb6c9fec167d1f98]here is the forum[/link]
[link=http://www.extremercparts.com]here is parts site[/link]

enjoy