Old 05-03-2004, 03:14 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Genesis stuff

ORIGINAL: motorpsycho502

I mean NEW, not mew,
You can simply edit the post needing correction, by pressing "edit" on the post....this eliminates users having to read extra unneccesary posts with the correction in them.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:24 PM
RessurectionX

I thought this thing was made for bashing? If so why is cen show videos of them babying the truck? Comon Cen we want some real bashing footage. Bashing is jumping your truck off of oversize jumps. Not jumps you would find at your local tracks I mean real jumps. Bashing is pushing your motor to the limits and keeping it there. Bashing is not giving it quarter throttle and letting off. Bashing isnt climbing a little small hill at slow speeds. Bashing is taking that truck at 45 mph off of that hill. We want to see what this truck can do, not watch it roll around and 15 to 20 mph. Still Cen has left much to desire and hopefully we can get something much better than that.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Nitro10

Well I am glad CEN is starting to get some footage out on the Genesis but these video's still leave a lot to be desired. If I was debuting a truck I think I could come up with something a little more impressive to get the consumers attention. I really liked how they dubbed the "wheelie" video...I clicked on it and it showed a Genesis being slammed from reverse to forward to pop a wheelie...geesh thats weak. You can tell how the 3 speed tranny does help in low speed climbling in the hill climbing video.....and after seeing the "doughnut" video ....boy I am sold......hehe! Come on CEN show us what you got! The hype on this truck is sinking as fast as a MGT or a.....I mean a Led Zeppelin.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
RessurectionX

Nitro 10 we must of been posting at the same time. But I will post again since you brought up a couple really good points. One being the three speed transmission. Umm the only time they hit second gear was on a coupld donuts and the truck wasnt even moving. Didnt even see third gear. Another being the wheelie. What was that? I think my hyper 7 could do a wheelie if it had reverse and I slammed it into forward. Comon guys?
Old 05-03-2004, 03:42 PM
mecky33

Can you guys answer me one question? Why would a manufacturer go out and intentionally abuse a truck? Just because that is what you do with your truck that you paid for and have to pay to fix, doesn't mean that is how a manufacturer should demo their truck. I talked at length about this with Cen, and they are of the same mindset. They did the videos so we could see the truck run, and with parts in limited supply right now, Cen didn't see a point in trying to break the genesis just so other people could be entertained.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:54 PM
motorpsycho502

But it would seem that doing reverse drops is not too good for it either. It is obvious it is lacking something to torque the front end up.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:56 PM
ThermalRD

They dont want to break their truck? Really...Seems to me, that if i wanted to blow a tranny, i would do some forward/reverse slams like they were in that video. So i just dont buy that excuse. I could be wrong, but i dont think that truck has much more than what those videos are showing. I predict alot of people that buy this truck, will be selling it soon after the purchase. By the way, its not about entertaining us with videos, its about selling a product. When we watch videos, we want to see the truck KICK *****!!! That sells trucks. It's a big truck, and i love big trucks. Everyone knows you promote CEN like its your full time job.

Matt
ORIGINAL: mecky33

Can you guys answer me one question? Why would a manufacturer go out and intentionally abuse a truck? Just because that is what you do with your truck that you paid for and have to pay to fix, doesn't mean that is how a manufacturer should demo their truck. I talked at length about this with Cen, and they are of the same mindset. They did the videos so we could see the truck run, and with parts in limited supply right now, Cen didn't see a point in trying to break the genesis just so other people could be entertained.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Guys, Stop.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:04 PM
motorpsycho502

That is a BIG drop at the end of the second one.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:05 PM
Sweetshoes90210

ORIGINAL: RessurectionX

I thought this thing was made for bashing? If so why is cen show videos of them babying the truck? Comon Cen we want some real bashing footage. Bashing is jumping your truck off of oversize jumps. Not jumps you would find at your local tracks I mean real jumps. Bashing is pushing your motor to the limits and keeping it there. Bashing is not giving it quarter throttle and letting off. Bashing isnt climbing a little small hill at slow speeds. Bashing is taking that truck at 45 mph off of that hill. We want to see what this truck can do, not watch it roll around and 15 to 20 mph. Still Cen has left much to desire and hopefully we can get something much better than that.

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

They dont want to break their truck? Really...Seems to me, that if i wanted to blow a tranny, i would do some forward/reverse slams like they were in that video. So i just dont buy that excuse. I could be wrong, but i dont think that truck has much more than what those videos are showing. I predict alot of people that buy this truck, will be selling it soon after the purchase. By the way, its not about entertaining us with videos, its about selling a product. When we watch videos, we want to see the truck KICK *****!!! That sells trucks. It's a big truck, and i love big trucks. Everyone knows you promote CEN like its your full time job. ]

The Idea is to sell the truck. Not to make killer movies to impress the people. If you guys want to see its full preformance buy the damn thing and bash it your selfs. Then you can pay the money for it to be fixed and you can decide if it is "tough enough". Until you do that, stop you *itching about "Why dont they do this? Why dont they do that? That dosnt show me anything"

Did Traxxas have and bashing videos of there truck? No they dont, the closest that have is that triple flip that was deffinitly planed out for a long time.

Dont be thrashing CEN. Just shut up. Like Mecky33 said "They did the videos so we could see the truck run, and with parts in limited supply right now, Cen didn't see a point in trying to break the genesis just so other people could be entertained.

The Truck is not even for sale yet. I am almost positve they are still working on it majorly to improve what you see in the videos.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:23 PM
ThermalRD

Sweet shoes, did i say anything rude to you? Nope, i sure didnt. Did i say anything RUDE to ANYBODY??? Nope, sure didnt. So dont tell people to "shut up". You're just a little over sensitive about CEN. State your opinion next time without telling people to shut up.

Matt
Old 05-03-2004, 04:31 PM
Nitro10

talked at length about this with Cen, and they are of the same mindset. They did the videos so we could see the truck run, and with parts in limited supply right now, Cen didn't see a point in trying to break the genesis just so other people could be entertained.

If they plan on actually releasing this truck in the next 60 days and they are having problems with "spare parts" for CEN'S personal truck we are all screwed. They need a real video...something showing the trucks potential...and I not talking about about full blast off the edge of the world. Its like like in every video the driver of the Genesis is nursing it like its the last beer known to man......or a least I hope he is. I hate to be one "complaining" about videos on such a potentially great truck. Like a lot of guys here I hope we are all speachless when someone gets a real world test on this truck. One thing I have noticed is the top speed has been dropped from 50-55mph just to 50mph....now this is no big deal but it makes me wonder if weight is not playing a bigger factor than what has been spoken.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Sweetshoes90210

This is a public forum site as I have seen you say. I did not apoint that reply to anyone but.

And suck it up if I said shut up. You guys just really need to grow up. That relpy of yours was totaly unnessasary. And thermal... Be quiet about this. Lets not make it a bigger deal than it has to. Truce?

(I am not over sensitive about CEN, I just no alot more about the company than anyother company and I no more about them than alot of people, not including mecky33.)

So, Truce? I dont feel like having a flame war....
Old 05-03-2004, 04:33 PM
motorpsycho502

I called em' and they said they are working on a higher speed (better) video, and the wheelie video,,,,, they said that its the way that the center diff is adjusted they said that if you tune for wheelies thats all it will do. My old Inferno buggy has a center diff and the adjustment of the center does make a huge difference in the way it handles and runs. these vids are NOT encouraging, but did anyone notice the huge smoke also, I seem to remember ANY engine gets stronger as you break-in, and even stronger yet as you get a gallon plus through it. I am SURE there is enough HP for wheelies, tuning is everything.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Didnt I say they were still working on it majorly?
Old 05-03-2004, 04:37 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

This is a public forum site as I have seen you say. I did not apoint that reply to anyone but.

And suck it up if I said shut up. You guys just really need to grow up. That relpy of yours was totaly unnessasary. And thermal... Be quiet about this. Lets not make it a bigger deal than it has to. Truce?

(I am not over sensitive about CEN, I just no alot more about the company than anyother company and I no more about them than alot of people, not including mecky33.)

So, Truce? I dont feel like having a flame war....
Ok, so now you come on and tell me to suck it up? and then tell me to grow up? Even after all that i still have NOT once insulted you. Then you tell me to be quiet about this. Sorry, but i have my opinion too. And then you go on to want a truce after insulting me yet again?

Matt
Old 05-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Sweetshoes90210

I am sorry if you took that as an insult. But honestly, Where are we going with this?

And I'll admit it. I should have reviewed that reply before I sent it. I didnt mean that....
Old 05-03-2004, 05:16 PM
RessurectionX

See you guys are not looking at this truck from a marketing standpoint. What me and thermal were only pointing out is that if Cen wants to sell this truck at its full potential they need to bring more to the table than those videos. So please dont get all but hurt from us stating facts from a marketing standpoint.

Here is a quote from Cens site about the Genesis. "CEN Racing is proud to introduce the biggest, meanest monster truck ever released in the R/C world. Built to out climb, out power, and drive over all other trucks. The Genesis comes standard with our huge and high performance racing engine connected to an adjustable 3-speed transmission for brutal bottom end torque while still maintaining good top end speed."

This is the right thing for Cen to say if they are trying to promote and sell this truck. Based off that quote I am sure a lot of people are already sold. Then you look at the videos that have been released of the truck and you are like.... um ok? Where in those videos does it showing it out power out climb any other truck. There are trucks on the market now and probably 10 years ago that coulda went faster up that hill and had more power than what those videos were showing. Racing engine. If the engine is so great why didnt they get some high speed footage? Or maybe try to show the low end power. Where in those videos did the three speed transmission come into play? If you are going to market a product as being capable of doing one thing then why release videos that dont show it doing it? Also you said Cen said that the center diff wasnt adjusted right, thats why it wouldnt wheelie. Why release a video saying it does a wheelie when the only way you can get it to wheelie is by going from reverse to forward? Why not adjust the diff and get it to wheelie the right way like they say it could? Instead Cen played it safe. Thats not how you sell a truck.

Dont get me wrong I am not saying that the Genisis is a poor truck in anyway. I think if it does what they says it does its going to be one of the best trucks being released. But claiming one thing and showing another is two totally different things and in my opinion was a big mistake on their part. Hopefully they can get some better videos up and trash the ones they have now, because if thats all they are going to have on the truck they are going to loose customers to other manufactures like Losi and Traxxas.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:26 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

This is a public forum site as I have seen you say....that relpy of yours was totaly unnessasary.
As was yours, both of you call a truce, and move on.....this post does not need to be littered with flaming....I suggest you both PM each other, and work out your differences OFF the boards.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Moderator, I asked for a truce. I dont really care up to this point. This whole argument is pointless.
Im done with this.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:49 PM
raykessler

Ok i thought the dounought video was pretty cool, the climbing video was ok, and the wheelie video was pointless
Old 05-03-2004, 06:01 PM
fourwheeler

Did anybody besides me notice in the diughnut vid that the driver hammers the throttle and the truck just lifts off the tires from the torque? I think I gotta have one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.