Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

BIG CEN MT2 PROBLEM!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 11:07 PM
bonified5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG CEN MT2 PROBLEM!!!!!

I just replaced my first gear cause I stripped it. I put it all back together and now the brakes lock. You cannot move it at all. I tried loosening the screws that hold the pads on but it didnt work. Also, when i spin on eof the rear wheels, it makes this bad stripping sound where the bevel gear is. WHat should I do? I really need some help. I am not sure if I am missing any parts or not.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:53 AM
mecky33

Default RE: BIG CEN MT2 PROBLEM!!!!!

Does the clutch bell spin? if not your clutch might be melted, this would cause the trans not to spin either. The only other thing it could is a mis-adjustment of the brake actuator on the throttle servo. Check all of those linkages to make sure that they are adjusted right. Also pull the rear diff out and turn it upside down. There is a hole in the bottom of it that you can look in and see if any of the ring gear teeth are broken. If nothing looks broken, just regrease it really well and put the diff back in. Let me know if any of this helps. If its not any of these problems I will try to come up with some other things to check.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:59 PM
bonified5

the servo wasnt even connected to the brake seat. Tha clutch bell does spin.
Old 05-10-2004, 01:34 PM
mecky33

something may be grinding in the rear diff. Take the diff out and see if you can turn it by hand. If not you will have to open the diff up and see what is causing the binding.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:32 PM
bonified5

It was the brake and I fixed it. Thanks. The car runs but when you push it with the motor off, it makes this bad binding sound. Now I have another problem........I was messin w/ the shift screw and I am not sure what it is supposed to be to work right. Would someone be able to take the screw out and count how many turns it took to come out so I will know the stock setting? I would appreciate it.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Sweetshoes90210

It could be different with everytruck. Put the screw in but leve a pin's head with of space, start it and run if you dont here a low to high pitch sound back it out a hair more and repeat.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:45 PM
bonified5

ok thanks
Old 05-10-2004, 07:58 PM
bonified5

What the heck is the binding sound? I cant figure it out. It's either in the clutch bell or the bevel gear.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 AM
mecky33

does it happen when you lift up the front of the truck and pull it along on just the rear wheels? does it do it on just the front wheels? If so, it is most likely a bevel gear or ring gear in the Diff. They are very simple to replace, and not that expensive. The front diff is more difficult to take out. so make sure which diff is making noise. Also when you remove the diff you can look through the hole in the bottom of the diff and see if the ring gear teeth are chipped.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:21 PM
bonified5

Its the back and it still runs well. It just makes that noise when its off and you push it. Which way do I turn the shift screw to make it shift. It's getting up to high rpm's and not shifting. I know its b/c of the screw cause I was messing with it.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 PM
bonified5

Cancel that, I figured out the grinding problem.......When I replaced the matal disk brake, I forgot to put one of the pads on and it was rubbing against the metal.....stupi me. i still have to figure out how to get it shifting right.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:20 AM
mecky33

counter clockwise loosens the shift screw so it will shift sooner. You may want to take a look at the shift catch on the second gear spur to make sure that its not damaged. Sometimes the catch will get a groove in it and the shift catch wont open far enough to miss the groove.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
bonified5

Its fine.......I was messing with it because I thought that was how you were supposed to take off the spur gear.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Sweetshoes90210

If should be fine... Just back out the shifting screw a little at a time.