Nitro7-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: smartech anyone??

now that ive looked into them a little more.... they have 2mm chassis...LOl
Old 12-03-2003, 12:43 PM
nitromacguyver

very cheap brand. dont know much about them. if your looking for a good starter vehical, go with Cen Racing www.cenracing.com i have a MT2 and i am quite happy with it.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nitro7

now that ive looked into them a little more.... they have 2mm chassis...LOl
And really thin plastic parts, I had a Smartech Magic Wheel and the radio & battery boxes cracked quickly, and the parts were 2x more expensive than actual T-Maxx parts.

Nitromacguyver suggested CEN, they make good stuff and the FF MT2 looks good and their new upcoming Genesis looks promising as well.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Nitro7-inactive

ive already got an st but i want something with 4wd and more ground clearence
Old 02-24-2004, 10:36 PM
quadzila99

I won a smartech 4wd truck from a Snap-on tool vender. Its my first rc so I have nothing to compare it to. After quite a bit of research(not much info on Smartech) its the Magic Wheel 08341 with 15CXP engine. So far so good. I have read nothing but negative things about it. I ve only had 4 tanks of fuel ran through it. Still in break-in period. But have had no problems(knock on wood) The factory settings were off by several turns. I havent quite figured out the mixture yet. But getting closer. There is a small screw at the top of the carb just under the air filter. I dont know what that does yet. Its my understanding there is only one main jetting adjustable for all ranges. If I m wrong please feel free to correct me. I can use all the info I can get. Thanks for listening.
Kurt
Old 02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
mecky33

Nitro, is your ST a Cen rig? If so, you can buy a kit to make it four wheel drive, and you can also put the MT tires on it for more ground clearance. If that doesn't give you enough GC then you can put some Integy shocks and springs on it and that will give you a little more. Look in my gallery for pics of an MT2 with Integy shocks on it.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:00 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: quadzila99

.......... There is a small screw at the top of the carb just under the air filter. I dont know what that does yet. Its my understanding there is only one main jetting adjustable for all ranges. .........
Kurt
That is the idle set screw. If you want to raise the idle of the engine, turn it clockwise. To lower it, turn it counterclockwise.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:12 PM
nitrobashinauz

hi,
i've had a smartech car,
nothing wrong with mine,
run a gallon through already,
but it is an onroad s i couldn't tell you how it handles abuse,
but i find the engine to be a champ,
omly on 16% fuel and it still goes damn fast,
its not that bad in my opinion,
but if you're getting an ofroad you'll be breaking parts every no and then,
and i dont know where to get parts for the ofroads,
but my car is interchangeable with rs4 parts i've been told
Old 03-06-2004, 01:22 PM
ajguida

Do you know where i can get a pull start for the smartech 15cxp engine?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:28 PM
crzy-svg-usr

id say hgo to ur lhs looks like a traxxas .15 pro engine might be the same ps or mayba hpi .15 fe ps
Old 03-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Konrads Kar

Does anyone know what the factory settings for a StupidTech 15CXP??? I bought the car off of EBay and did not know about what a poor design. I've bought an Associated TC3 kit with the 2-speed and went ahead and put the LAMO motor in so I could learn how to tune before the OS engine is installed... If you’re going to burn up something it may as well be JUNK!!! My settings are WAY off and I'd like to get back to the original tune and start over... If I screw the adjustments all the way in how many turns back out to reach original settings???

Thanks...[sm=surprised.gif]
Old 03-12-2004, 10:45 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

quadzilla99 dont crash this truck i know someone that won this truck from snap on and he crashed it .not a hard hit but broke alot of stuff. i asked snap on to sell me the truck outright .and it was $600.00. ( did not buy ) looked into the truck at lhs and he said the truck is not worth $200.00. good luck.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Konrads Kar

That really did not answer my question... Know that I made a mistake by buying a StupidTech but I'd like to at least get something out of the purchase... Does anyone have some settings that I could use???

Mahallo, Konrad.
Old 03-13-2004, 11:24 PM
89jettawolfs

the book i got with my smartech say 2 to 3 turns out on the needle.it only has info on the one needle. The other one under the carb i'm not sure about. i don't think it makes a big difference. I tried messing with it and it didn't make a difference.I got mine fomr snap on and it didn't cost near 600. and i haad credit so i got it for almost nothing. It took a major beating so far. The body is destroyed form flipping it so much. Nothing broke so far. i jumped it into an empty drainage ditch this morning. About a twelve foot drop (it's grass) theres a big lip and i jumped it off and it landed flat on all the wheels and kept going. slammed into a curb and it flipped 4 times and nothing broke(that one surprised me) maybe they are inconsistent with their quality control and some leave with weaker parts. So far mines been tough as hell.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Konrads Kar

Thanks for the info... The neadle under the carb is for low end tuning... Been messing with both settings and it's getting closer... Man these things will drive you NUTS!!!
Old 03-19-2004, 01:03 AM
steven123

hey guys, [email protected] is your new resources for smartech products, if you guys need parts or the unit, email us, with your info, and we can help out any tech support for smartech.. we are now the main distr. for them, and actually changing things around with this products.

thanks
Old 03-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Nitro, is your ST a Cen rig? If so, you can buy a kit to make it four wheel drive
The cen stadium truck already has 4wd. All you need is a mt2 body and wheels andss you got a monster truck.
Old 03-20-2004, 02:48 PM
repairtvs

Hi
Newbie Member here.
I purchased a winner sport RTR from ebay only £155.00 this includes £2.00 Paypal surcharge and £14.00 postage.
Great car for the money, I didn't have any 16% fuel only 10% for my Helli. the engine started after about five tugs on the pull start no trimming to do even on the steering. goes like a bat out of hell so far I have run only two tanks of fuel trough it but very fast much better than the Kyosho RS200 and Sand Master I have owed previously.
The only down side I have found is when driving on my gravel dive spinning round a corner the gravel tended to get stuck in the wheel rim it still drove just with three wheels instead of four.
As for spares backup see www.smartechracing.co.uk they have them all listed and far prices I would say when comparing to my other electric cars and Helli
for the money it's a cheap intro to nitro cars I think you can't go wrong
oh the needle setting on mine was 2 1/2 turns from fully closed
PS As far as i can make out CEN is now part of or owned by the same Toy company.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:12 AM
repairtvs

Hi again,
I have had this car for some time now sofar the front adjusting arm has broken and both front and rear shafts from the centre box.
these have all been easy to fix the arm I just filled it with two part glue then redrilled it threaded fine the shafts I drilled out the broken pins and used a harded screw driver shaft of the right size heated the shaft then tapped the new pins in and cut to the right size.
Modds sofar rear end fully ball raced using tamiya madcap bearings (scrap car laying around) this was a little tricky as the bearings were 1mm to big out with the dremmel bearings fitted. front and rear gearbox's full ball raced they are from a schumacher 2WD electric car gearbox i had four of these and they are a striaght fit no dremmel requiered. shocks well i threw away those yellow springs and fitted some stronger ones nowhave suspension that returns after you push it down.
car is still flying along
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
johnxbox

it would seem that smartech have gone! http://www.smartechracing.co.uk/

There is brand called acme racing (********) making similar chaep models. I have seen 1 on ebay but i cant post the link as it is against the rules and i dont want to hut anyones feelings.

Perhaps acme acing is from the same company???
Old 05-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

so how much is L169.00 in US dollars? never mind.....found it
Old 05-12-2004, 04:31 PM
mark_at81

Hi all
I have the magic wheel, had for about three months now been a great truck for the money.
The only part i have broke is the battery box but i just got a rx pack instead.
It has been battered all over the shop and held up real well. I have upgraded a few parts with t-maxx bits but nothing big. The screw under the air filter is the idle adjustment for the people who asked.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88273.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	131713