Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GENESIS REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
RCnutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GENESIS REVIEW

Yes thats what I did and it makes a lot of difference! I also emailed CEN about the servo and the differentials which in my case are shaved. Gulliver Foyle brought up the diff problem and I checked them and they are clicking already so... they should replace them as well.
I'll keep you posted on what they reply.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Nitro10

Now Nutz, I can understand your frustation with your Genesis but what I am saying is all the trucks are this way. Now unless you can speak Chinese your going to have a hard time getting a straight truthfull answer from the CEN guys in CA. On another note, sometimes the truth hurts Nutz...just accept it and go on. Im not here to bring this truck down and I am thankfull for your honest review. Since my statement has you so ruffled maybe you should take some of your own advice...
Just read and move on!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Traely

CEN is at this moment reviewing this thread..

Your response to all of the problems?
Old 07-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Traely

guess NOT LOL!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
CEN Racing

We will be making an official announcment on our website soon regarding the First batch of the GENESIS trucks. Keep checking our site for the announcment. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nitro10

Now Nutz, I can understand your frustation with your Genesis but what I am saying is all the trucks are this way. Now unless you can speak Chinese your going to have a hard time getting a straight truthfull answer from the CEN guys in CA. On another note, sometimes the truth hurts Nutz...just accept it and go on. Im not here to bring this truck down and I am thankfull for your honest review. Since my statement has you so ruffled maybe you should take some of your own advice...
Just read and move on!
No need to be condescending towards him; he's right and you are wrong.

Go back in the thread, the servo part # that is plastic doesn't match the servo part # in the manual , which (as Cen had said) was listed as metal.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 PM
RCnutz

I wonder what the announcement will say...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:37 PM
bustergonad

RC,
The one word in that post from CEN that worries me is "soon". "Soon" to them could be any time from now to 6 weeks. They also said the next batch of trucks will be in this week....
CEN Racing
Wannabe Basher

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:55 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandoking,

Sorry for not responding as we are closed on weekends and due to the three day weekend things get a bit backed up. The second batch of GENESIS trucks will be in this week. I will let you know about the servo situation once I find out. If you have any questions and need them answered quickly you can call us anytime. Our # is 714-792-1923 we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Here at the U.S. Distribution center, parts are fully instock. Kerry is right. It is up to the hobby shops to order parts. If they have backordered parts, then they have been filled.

Also, we do not sell direct whatsoever. It does not make sense to compete with hobby shops (our customers) , therefore we do not sell direct.
WWW.CENRACING.COM
It's Thursday tomorrow so I guess we'll see how good their predictions are.

Buster

Just waiting for my Genesis.....156 days and counting.....
Old 07-07-2004, 08:44 PM
brandonking

LOL, yep. Still waiting too......[&o]
Old 07-07-2004, 08:46 PM
UTvols

ORIGINAL: Nitro10

Just read and move on!

I agree, it's hard to understand why you're making these comments. You don't own the truck therefore you have no stake as to what your opinion is as to why the wrong parts were shipped. It’s like drinking the cool-aid without knowing the flavor.

By the way for your information RCnutz can be a little aggressive. I think everyone knows that. But his points seem to be honest and therefore well taken.

PS: I wan't to know where third gear is? I really think there is a problem with third gear. I have spent 8-10 hours trying to get third to engage. The best I can do is to get third gear to shift before second which is screwed up. Hopefully CEN’s announcement will address the third gear problems as well.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:55 PM
brandonking

Hey UV, I don't have one yet but it sounds like you are not running at high enough rpm in order to get it to shift.
Have you leaned it a lot yet?? This is what CEN says they are running their trucks at...Main Needle, 3 ½ turns out
Bottom Needle, 2 ½ turns in from flush. What is your engine temp at the plug after some high speed runs?? Should
be around 250.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:23 PM
eternaldragon

Genesis 2nd and 3rd Speed Tuning Instructions
The Genesis 46 comes with an advanced three speed transmission that when adjusted correctly will give you wheelie pulling, low-end power, and blistering top speeds. These instructions below will help you set both the 2nd and 3rd speed correctly.
2nd Speed Set-up
The second speed adjustment screws can be found by looking through the hole on the spur gear hub. The screws are offset, so you will need to have them at an angle to see them. Refer to page 8 diagram 25 in your assembly manual for a better understanding of the adjustment screws placement. When moving from one screw to the next hold the hub with your finger and roll the truck. You will see the clutch shoes move, roll the truck until you find the next adjustment screw.

Take a look at the picture below to help you find the adjustment screws.

When adjusting the shift point you must adjust the two screws as evenly as possible. The screws are color coated to help you adjust them evenly. Once you have the engine warmed up drive the truck in a straight line. You want the 2nd speed to shift in about 25-35 feet from a stand steal.
3rd Speed Set-up
The 3rd speed adjustment screws can be found by removing the dust cap on the right side of the central transmission. The screws are offset in a similar fashion like the 2nd speed adjustment screws. Refer to page 6, diagram 17 for a better understanding of the internal setup.

The 3rd gearshift point is sensitive. You want it to shift when you hear the engine almost wind out. Make adjustment to each screw in very small increments, no more then 1/8th of a turn at a time. Try your best to adjust the two screws evenly. They are color coated to help you make even adjustments.

that's from there web page.
didn't know if you guys have seen it yet just thought i would post it here.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Nitro10

I agree, it's hard to understand why you're making these comments. You don't own the truck therefore you have no stake as to what your opinion is as to why the wrong parts were shipped.
Thats fine. But do you really think CEN is going to ship the truck with a high torque servo for tranny and the throttle/brake and the steering?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:05 AM
UTvols

ORIGINAL: eternaldragon

Genesis 2nd and 3rd Speed Tuning Instructions
The Genesis 46 comes with an advanced three speed transmission that when adjusted correctly will give you wheelie pulling, low-end power, and blistering top speeds. These instructions below will help you set both the 2nd and 3rd speed correctly.
2nd Speed Set-up
The second speed adjustment screws can be found by looking through the hole on the spur gear hub. The screws are offset, so you will need to have them at an angle to see them. Refer to page 8 diagram 25 in your assembly manual for a better understanding of the adjustment screws placement. When moving from one screw to the next hold the hub with your finger and roll the truck. You will see the clutch shoes move, roll the truck until you find the next adjustment screw.

Take a look at the picture below to help you find the adjustment screws.

When adjusting the shift point you must adjust the two screws as evenly as possible. The screws are color coated to help you adjust them evenly. Once you have the engine warmed up drive the truck in a straight line. You want the 2nd speed to shift in about 25-35 feet from a stand steal.
3rd Speed Set-up
The 3rd speed adjustment screws can be found by removing the dust cap on the right side of the central transmission. The screws are offset in a similar fashion like the 2nd speed adjustment screws. Refer to page 6, diagram 17 for a better understanding of the internal setup.

The 3rd gearshift point is sensitive. You want it to shift when you hear the engine almost wind out. Make adjustment to each screw in very small increments, no more then 1/8th of a turn at a time. Try your best to adjust the two screws evenly. They are color coated to help you make even adjustments.

that's from there web page.
didn't know if you guys have seen it yet just thought i would post it here.

External, thanks, and that’s what I read straight from the 2nd and 3rd gear adjustment instructions / manual before I spent 8-10 hours adjusting 3rd gear (less than 1/8th of a turn at a time) as the instructions pointed out. One thing the 2nd & 3rd gear tuning instructions doesn’t tell you is that if you miss the adjustment I would guess @ as little as 1/32 of a turn you could end up shifting to third before you shift into second. Which is a complete pain in the *****. At that point you have to back up and try again, and again, and again, and again, and again, you get my point.

External, have you started on getting yours to shift into third, or have you been able to get yours to shift into third?

By the way just adjusting the third gear clutch is a pain in the ***** as well. You barley touch the screw heads and the clutch will move. I have found I have spent as much time trying to hit the screw heads just right to make the adjustment as I have spent time trying to dial in the right setting, and believe me I have read the instructions on that as well. Another thing the instructions don’t tell you is that there is a Silver screw and a black screw. The black screw has a more precise head than the silver screw making it twice as hard to adjust.

Again I hope we hear something about third gear in the announcement as well because I haven’t seen anyone hit third gear yet.

Brandonking, I have read the same CEN’s break-in instructions as you have and after a gallon and a half of nitro while following the documentation and leaning the engine out to 245 degrees I have still yet to shift into third gear. I am starting to believe I have an over sensitive clutch or something is wrong with the clutch in general.

Again if anyone else is having these experiences please post.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:26 AM
RCnutz

You know... I'm sorry if I sound agressive but I don't like not getting what I paid for. New model or not.. there are way too many problems.

As far as the third gear goes... It's not going! lol

I've tried and tried and tried. It may be sensitive but if it takes as much time to adjust it to shift as it does to lose compression in the engine whats the point of having the third gear?
In my opinion they should have tested these trucks over and over to see what factory settings they need to for that third gear to shift. Apparently we paid the big bucks so we can test it for them...

Nitro 10 what the ff.. You can't get it through your head that this truck was supposed to come with all 3 high torque servos and all metal geared? How many times do I have to say this? It was known before the truck came out and it is written in the manual on page 26. and here is a picture so you can maybe stop being confused:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12936.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	151457  
Old 07-08-2004, 06:01 AM
RC Collector

CEN ... you're reading this thread ... time to step up to the plate. This truck was obviously not ready for release, and the problem isn't with the assembly team in the Far East, it's with the management team right here.

IMO, none of the mags will run a full review until the issues posted here have been resolved to the satisfaction of the existing owners - too risky given all the problems.

Fix the problems and offer an exchange program for the parts not up to spec.

Another issue to look at is the power consumption of the onboard electronics - it appears that the stock RX battery runs down real fast, which poses serious safety questions. Maybe that filsafe was added to primarily handle low-voltage issues.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
brandonking

HUH, that sounds about right UTvols. Don't really know what else to do until I get mine from the second shipment. Still waiting...Cen claims it should be here this week. I seriously doubt it.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:08 AM
Nitro10

Yeah Nutz, I can read it. Sure it says all metal gears for them and its pretty bad If they didnt come that way. The steering servo states it has twice the torque as they other two servos. This is all I am saying. [quoteBut do you really think CEN is going to ship the truck with a high torque servo for tranny and the throttle/brake and the steering?
][/quote]
Nuts, read the diagram
You get one high torque for the steering 10 kg. and two 5kg. for throttle/brake and tranny.
Whats so confusing about that?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Gulliver Foyle

Official Genesis beta-tester here. While being no stranger to RC transmissions, I cannot for the life of me get third gear. It is not an isolated problem by any stretch of the imagination as UTvols asked, nobody that owns one that I have talked to or heard from has hit third. My question is now what? I have only a small problem being a beta-tester for this new product, IF, and only if CEN steps up in a big way about these problems. Also, as far as I understand, all the Genesis gears (spur, diff, tranny, reverse) have the same heat-treating problem making them too brittle. Then there is the servo switcheroo RCNutz found. The way for me to be satisfied at this point is to eventually get what I paid for, a gigantic, bulletproof, fast, 3-speed, indestructable Mosnter truck. And I don't think my expectations are unreal.

ORIGINAL: UTvols
<snip>
[Brandonking, I have read the same CEN’s break-in instructions as you have and after a gallon and a half of nitro while following the documentation and leaning the engine out to 245 degrees I have still yet to shift into third gear. I am starting to believe I have an over sensitive clutch or something is wrong with the clutch in general.

Again if anyone else is having these experiences please post.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:21 AM
drvcrash

I havent even touched mine since the engine blew. I got the new one From cen but its still in the box. Ive just been reading all the new Problems people are having and I think I might ebay mine while its still in one piece. I still have my savage. I must say that so far the Cen is a no fun truck. Ive had the savage for over a year and while I have broke a few things they didnt break while breaking it in. I was really abusing it. I guess Ill wait to see what the big announcement is before I get rid of it
Old 07-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Traely

Wow..

Good luck for those that bought this thing...
Old 07-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Gulliver Foyle

Thank you. We need it.
ORIGINAL: Traely

Wow..

Good luck for those that bought this thing...
Old 07-08-2004, 12:04 PM
eternaldragon

im still waiting as well for the 2nd shipment.
they should have used a finger type shifter easier to adjust i think but i don't know how well it would hold up in a truck like this.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:29 PM
UTvols

CEN or Andrew can either of you guys please help us out with the third gear engagement settings. Everyone in multiple online forums appears to be having the same problem with third gear.

I have personally spent many hours trying to dial in third gear and have been unsuccessful thus far. At this point I would feel more confident if I started all over again from the factory default settings.

Can you please post how many turns from all the way tight the factory settings are for the two adjustment screws? Or even better give us the settings from how many turns out from all the way tight from your trucks that are properly engaging third gear.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:30 PM
RCnutz

RC Collector what do you mean by
it appears that the stock RX battery runs down real fast
?
Stock it comes equiped to recieve 4 AA bateries. I have a 1200 mah hump pack in it and it lasts at least 2 full hours of run time. They recommend a hump pack because they know the AA's are no good.
The Failsafe kicks in if voltage drops below 3.5 volts or something like that...
Now if the power consumption would be the only problem... I could live with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.