Blue Thunder Gas

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:42 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blue Thunder Gas

my ihs sells it for frickin 12.50 a quart
So does mine... It's almost like we live in the same city. Are hobby shop sucks aaaasssssssssssssss, we mys not even have one. Along time ago i was gonna order a savage from there but it was like 520$.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:21 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

i was gonan ordder a t-maxx he wanted i think 625? or there abouts, in the 600 range anyway
Old 07-30-2004, 12:54 AM
RedDawg303

holy crap! thats a rip off. i noticed that you live in MN, do you live anywhere near Ottertail Lake? GO PACKERS
Old 07-31-2004, 06:37 PM
gofaster72

So what's the deal here? Isn't the stuff that the aircraft guys use the same as what is used for the ground trucks and cars? I have burned up a gallon of the regular aircraft nitro and don't see any problem and it is cheaper than what they stock on the car side of the lhs.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Madd_Maxx

gofaster72:

I have been using cool power 15% (from the airplane isle of my LHS) in all my planes and trucks since I got my first T-Maxx back in late '99. I have several planes with motors in them sized from .40 to .46 that run fine on the full synthetic oil cool power(green stuff)....you can also get the castor/sys blended oil in omega fuels (pink stuff) from morgan as well. My T-Maxx doesn't seem to know the difference between the fuels designed for airplanes verses the car fuels but my wallet sure does.

A gallon of cool power 15% at my LHS is $12.49 a gallon and I get a small discount if I buy fuel by the case instead of only single gallons which makes it a GREAT bargain compared to the car fuels that range in price of 24-28 bux a gallon down the car aisle. I guess you are worried about a truck motor's life running it on plane fuel but the cool power is 17% oil and it seems to provide me with a very long motor life while using it. The stock motor that came in my first Maxx (the old trx.15 blue head motor) that everyone complained about being junk from day one ran flawlessly for me for over 9 gallons without the need for a re-build. I finally killed that old motor doing doughnuts on wet concrete which resulted in an overreved motor with a busted crankshaft. The motor dying had nothing to do with the fuel it was MY FAULT for being down right stupid and having way to much fun.

Bottom line is if you feel ok about paying twice as much for car fuel by all means go ahead and buy it. I'll stuck to my old cool power and save myself some money in the process.

Madd_Maxx
Old 08-01-2004, 01:12 PM
gofaster72

My thoughts exactly. The LHS guys are just ripping of the car guys that don't know that the engines are the same in a plane, in a boat, in a car or a truck. Got to shop around and know what you are getting. There is nothing wrong with Blue Thunder fuel. I used a couple of quarts when I first got my truck and it did just fine. It's in all kinds of HS and if there was a problem with it's quality, it wouldn't be there. Getting gunked up from fuel probably comes from improper storage. The combustibles evaporate very quickly and what is let is hard to burn and creates a lot of 'gunk' ! Store that fuel in a cool dry place that keeps a stable temp and don't use any 'old' fuel. Once that container is opened, the good stuff starts to leave and the bad stuff replaces it. Keep it capped as much as possible.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Mako3

Blue thunder is not that great its pretty good for newb's but I like O'Donnell and Sidewinder