Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

track design

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:36 AM
clasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: track design

i dont own the proporty yet. we are building a new house but when it is finished i will build the track. today we are going to look at the land again and im going to try to pick a good and clear spot to put the track
Old 08-15-2004, 11:40 AM
clasher

as for the jumps i will use fallen down trees for the base and put the dirt on top
thanx for the tip. the design is just so i get an idea of what i want so i can build it faster

this is a detailed version and everything is explained

[link=http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=36134]here it is [/link]

and also should i use wood or pvc pipeing to build it. what other options ar there??
Old 08-15-2004, 07:41 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

here are some pics of my track,
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/my_t...2085115/tm.htm

well pvc would be the best. when you do wood if you hit one of the peices of wood it pushes one of hte sides of wood onto the track then when you come around the other side you hit it and you brake an a-arm or something. so id go with pvc.
my track doesnt have berriers b/c i dont have the money to go buy pvc. i have plunty of wood to line the track but wood can break your car so i leave it without beriers.

my drawing below is of my track layout. it goes from the bottom accross to the left. so it goes double then triple.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43594.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	164266  
Old 08-16-2004, 10:31 AM
GotSavage?

As far as the width goes I would make the lanes at leat 10ft wide. On the track that I built the lanes are 8 ft and it is too narrow for more than one truck. Don't make all of the turns too tight. One or two is ok but too many of them tight gets annoying.

That black drain tile makes for a great divider and it is really cheap too. By me it is $14 for a 100 ft of it. Hold it in place with landscaping spikes or rebar.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Keith-OH

Hi, did you ever end up building this track? it is the same size i am looking to build. i would like to see some pictures if you ever made it.

later,

Keith
Old 12-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Kemo

I had to deal with a extremely restricted area. This is what I was able to come up with. There might not look like a lot on the pic, but its one fast track for every scale.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98512.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	201404