Views:	10
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	274938  
Old 05-22-2005, 04:19 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MGT

tell him to shim the pinion gears properly. it's supposed to make them 10x better.
ORIGINAL: crusher03

back to the subject, I race everyweekend and on of the guys has an mgt, truck runs and handles good but he seems to toast a diff here and there. other than that it looks pretty good
Old 05-22-2005, 04:21 PM
crusher03

Ill pass it on, I know one factor is the driver. hes a good driver, but needs to learn to let off a little before landing.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:48 PM
sevenhondo

I hear ya
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98376.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	274971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29931.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	274972   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71425.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	274973  
Old 05-22-2005, 06:42 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

i catch myself doing that shizz all the time. here is a link to show him how to shim dem up nice nice. this site will show him pretty much everything he needs to know about the truck it even has links to show him were to buy the correct shims. http://www.members.cox.net/dbfraser2/mgt/home.htm

Ill pass it on, I know one factor is the driver. hes a good driver, but needs to learn to let off a little before landing.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because it's obvious that they got their design inspiration from the Tmaxx. Same with the TNX. They may all be different trucks, but they share the same basic design. The same thing goes for the Spyder and Warhead comparisons to the Savage.
let me guess, you went into a lhs and bought a tmaxx becasue it was on the shelf or u saw it in a mag.
funny, i remeber tamiya had 4wheel independant suspension long before traxxas was even a name.

and as far as a copy, nothing, i mean nothing is built today that doesnt have an idea off of somthing else.
woo woo, look. your tmaxx as 4 wheels, its coping " insert name of favorite truck"

this is just a hobby guys/gals, whats it matter as long as it works.

Look, the guy asked why the MGT is compared to the Tmaxx so much. And like I said, it's because they are of the same basic design. I'm not an MGT hater.....I own one, and I like it. It's nothing special though. Just a decent truck at a decent price.

And yes, I bought the Tmaxx a few years ago because it was on the shelf at my LHS. I didn't have a computer at the time, so research was a non-issue for me. My LHS had a lot of parts for it, and they said it was the fastest truck they stocked.....so I bought it. It's given me alot of headaches over the years, and I rarely drive it anymore, but I learned alot from it.

I like the MGT better than the Tmaxx, but I like my LST better than either of them.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:04 PM
niffken

ORIGINAL: Cal-Torque

That's really odd. Mine is very durable. Then again, I'm not taking it off of 20' jumps... LOL (We've all seen your vids.)
What do you drive then that stands up to your abuse? And, don't tell me Genesis or Menace because those are both pieces of garbage. Savage? LST?

ORIGINAL: niffken

I am not a fan of the MGT. (yes I own one) I dont think its that durable, however its easy to work on. My MGT rarely see's dirt b/c it will just end up breaking.
You dont see the MGT Jumping in my vids. I have a few vids of it on dirt and in a parking lot. Jumping it would mean broken knuckles(until replaced with RPM), bent a-arm mounts, and more. The NGT is a parking lot basher for me. I like the way it handles with the powerstroke shocks.

The strongest thing I have is my KII, hands down. The menace is good b/c of the speed factor and air control. If it doesnt land right WATCH out, parts are flying every where. (to be honest the menace has held up great considering what it goes through) I dont own a savage...yet, but I think they are very strong. I am sure if I had one it would be high on the list. I dont know much about the Geni or the LST.