RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Can I Get Some Advice PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:21 PM
dapicco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I Get Some Advice PLEASE

I have a new savage 4.6ss with alot of hopups never seen fuel, also another .25 with alot of extra's, am i crazy to try and trade these for a LST that has the necessary upgrades? I want one but dont want to be taken please be kind and give me some advice
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Can I Get Some Advice PLEASE

I love my LST and like it more than any other nitro MT. Don't get me wrong the Savages are very nice trucks. The Savages are #2 on my list so I think a lot of them. It's just according to what you want. If your thinking of trading 2 trucks for 1 then most people would probably say your crazy, . What kinda shape is your .25 in? If it's older and been ran hard then I'd say it wouldn't be a bad trade. Like I said my LST is very fast and durable so I would suggest them to anyone. They're huge, fast and fun. They have some nice features on them too, like the radio, dual servos, powerful engine, etc. Just make sure if you look at an LST that it does have some nice and expensive stuff with it since your trading 2 trucks for one, like bigger better engine, gears, alum. arms, heck alum. everything, etc. I don't think your crazy for thinking about it though cause they're nice trucks!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
DaveG55

I've got a Savage 25 and it's lots of fun and I have an LST it is fast and fun too. You will want RPM a arms on at least the front. If one had to go I don't know which one it would be. The LST is faster and, IMHO, a bit more durable but the Savage was my first MT and I've put a lot of effort into making it a nice truck.
I would only trade one truck for the LST. The 4.6 is a very similar in power even if it is a little smaller. If it has a ton of upgrades then I would think that it would be close to an even trade. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:20 PM
dapicco
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the good advice both you guys
Old 07-20-2005, 06:51 AM
gerwen

Pricewise, [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJUP1&P=ML]Savage SS 4.6[/link] + [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRP317275]JR XS3[/link] = [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0010]Losi LST[/link]

Meaning the trucks without radio gear are pretty much the same value.